ADVERTISEMENT

Question for Conway

I never said Edwards would transfer to Myrtle Beach, I just said don't be surprised if he transfers! Who knows but with conway's "F" rating he can transfer anywhere without even having to move!!

Originally posted by conwaytigerfilm:
If coach Wilson did come to conway, I wouldn't work for the football team anymore.

Posted from Rivals Mobile
Coach Wilson's team is playing this week. What are you and Jordan doing? Passing out basketball uniforms?

Conway received a C this year so that's out the window. What do you mean limited resources? Funds are down now because of the losses but we have a very successful booster club. That stadium was built by the booster club and donations not tax money. There's a reason why our field house has a name on it. In fact the other schools in the district cried and got theirs with tax money. You do realize the stadium name E Craig Wall Jr. memorial stadium is because of money and not after a coach? In fact I do believe Conway and MB stadiums are the only ones in the district with a name attached to it. There is serious talk about installing field turf in a couple of years so there's money here. There's money and support that hasn't give or attended games in several years and will come back when change comes. Yes the program is a mess right now but it will win again. As far as offering Mickey a big raise, I don't see that happening. He like all coaches would be paid according to their teacher level. I agree he has it made at MB so the only way he would come is for the challenge of winning a 4a title at his Alma Mater.

This post was edited on 11/11 5:02 PM by Conwaycock68

We all hate that it's come to this but it seems to happen more often than not with long tenured coaches. There comes a time when you do what best for the program the kids and community. This is not about just one man. It's happened to several coaches in high school including Hartsville with Lewis Lineburger. They finally had to cut ties and a new coach had them playing for a state championship in 2 years. What you think going to happen when McKissick leaves Summerville? If he starts losing that will be a mess. Remember Bobby Bowden? Proud program fell into mediocrity and a new coach won the national championship last year. Change is better for all. BTW Lineburger went to johnsonville and played for the state title again. Just takes a change of scenery.

Hanahan 27-10 you heard it here first! No Arnold..,,no offensive line....meedyoker running game lame ducks.

Seahawks going in
roll.r191677.gif

Well I ani't never....stop sneekin around my house at night. Who I pull for depends on who's winning and the strength of the Scotch-)

My house is paid for...Truck paid for... Land paid for.... I caught 100 spots the other night and going again to Cherry Grove in a few days! Life is good bro! Lots of Stag meat. Lol all before the age of 40. Thanks to the Navy.... Grandchild learning golf is a challenge though. And of course I love those Friday night lights. Feels good giving the local schools support.

All this boils down to is that Coach Jordan has spoiled the conway community and fans. He came into a decent program and picked it up to another level. It's not like he got an elite program and drove straight into the ground. The conway fanbase should rally behind the ol ball coach instead of threatening his life and his family as well as his coaches. I believe the old saying goes, don't bite the hand that feeds you.

Originally posted by conwaytigerfilm:
All this boils down to is that Coach Jordan has spoiled the conway community and fans. He came into a decent program and picked it up to another level. It's not like he got an elite program and drove straight into the ground. The conway fanbase should rally behind the ol ball coach instead of threatening his life and his family as well as his coaches. I believe the old saying goes, don't bite the hand that feeds you.
Which one of his State Championships elevated y'all to another level ?

We have no state championships. We've had talent but haven't been able to pull the trigger.
It was easy to rally behind him when conway was winning 8 or 9 games a season. Now that we've hit a rough couple of years the whole town has turned it's back on him. The town of conway and those who are calling for his proverbial head should be ashamed.

I'm puttin in my applaction for offensive cordenator..., Jordan can stay on if he wants to run water bottles during time outs.

For me it's not his coaching ability. The head coach is only as good as his assistants and as the good ones left he didn't replace them with good ones. Therefore the mismanagement of the program lately is what's got is in this position.

I hope he can retire with dignity and be honored for his accomplishments.

This post was edited on 11/13 9:59 PM by Conwaycock68

Um.. you got a grandchild old enough to play golf... and you're 40?

You realize that means.....
embarassed.r191677.gif

Well.. nevermind.

LOL

devil.r191677.gif

Evidently.. .lose games. That seems to be the criteria which all coaches are measured....

... that and he didn't get every one of his players a scholarship to their college or university of choice.

3dgrin.r191677.gif

Hope the sarcasm was clear in that....

Sarcasm heard lol. He hasn't done anything that would warrant a termination. He can't help that his players can't execute. A coach is only as good as his players, ya know.

Look he can't coach forever and he's close to retirement and the way things are going it should be what's best for the program and not him personally. I always thought he would step aside from coaching and stay on as AD until retirement. I'm really surprised the school district hasn't forced him to make a choice of coach or AD since you can't be both anymore and it's been that way for a while. Chuck is the last one in the district who is grandfathered in. I don't know who or what has been going on with complaints or whatever so maybe you can enlighten us on that. Again I've supported him thru thick and thin but it's time for him to step aside and bring a fresh new mind in to lead the football program. I really hope he stays on as AD as he's done a great job building the complex we have to enjoy. Not a lot of tax money out there like at other schools in the county.

There were a few threats made on his life by a presumed mental man. That same man made the same threat to most of the coaches on his staff. For some reason he also called the principal, Steven Fitch, and threatened his life if he didn't do something about ol CJ.

Originally posted by dacoach:
Um.. you got a grandchild old enough to play golf... and you're 40?

You realize that means.....
embarassed.r191677.gif

Well.. nevermind.

LOL

tongue.r191677.gif

Threats on somebody's life is low down and not the way you go about doing anything. If there's proof he did it charges could be brought against him. No place for crap like that. Cole Smith wrote a letter to the editor last year but that was peaceful and he stated facts.

Cole smith went about it the right way. He stated facts in a peaceful manner. I don't agree with hat e said but I admire the way he did it because he could've easily done what the other man did. The man who threatened the people on our staff has been to jail because of what he did.

You sure will go too jail if you make teraristic type threats to someone now days!!!! If you say your going to harm them. If its a threat involving love or relationship with another not so much!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Conwaycock68:
Film guy, anything new going about this situation?
He's too busy moonlighting by filming teams that actually made the playoffs...LOL

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT