ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting

Eagle Hater 3333

Bench Warmer
Jan 6, 2017
A friend of mine told me last night that Rock Hill schools have implemented a rule to stop athletic transferring within the school district. If I understand correctly, if a kid transfers they must sit out one year of athletics. What a great rule! Wish this would go state wide so those Eagles would quit recruiting.

If it's school of choice, then they can transfer but still must miss one year of athletics. I'll be talking to my school board member soon to see if it's possible in our district!

Reactions: 2sem and Old Mav
ummmm... that's already a rule....school of choice only pertains to the 9th grade year whereas the student declares their school of choice and thus their school of eligibility. If a student starts 9th grade at say Blue Ridge and transfers to Riverside in 10th grade, they must sit a year - now if the family moves into Riversides Geocoded area, then they are eligible immediately. You're welcome!

Reactions: 2sem
I think that rule has been in place for a while. Of course there's ways around it. It's called apartments or rental property. As one coach I know told me..."all you need is to have a phone hooked up in your name at the address in the geocode to show as a utility bill." It's def sneaky but a reality. I don't have a dog in this fight but if you plan to get an ROI on your kid it's cut throat out there. If the plan is to get their education paid for, it's every man for himself.

I asked. Doesnt matter in RH, it's the high school the kid is zoned for coming from middle school. If they decide to take their kid to one of the other high schools, he must sit a year athletically unless they have proof of move. Must be house built, apartment rented, house purchased...etc. Electric bill will not work anymore. Second hand info so I hope I'm passing it along the way he said. If anyone from RH is a member please let us know if I misunderstood.

Glad to see change.

Reactions: Old Mav and 2sem
I'm with EagleHater. Stop the carnage of school choice. All this choice and freedom is such a joke. What we need are stricter rules. Rules that prevent these people from pursuing what they think is best for their kids. Rules that affect every kid in the county because a few have taken advantage.

End the carnage. Make Greenville County great again.

I'm with EagleHater. Stop the carnage of school choice. All this choice and freedom is such a joke. What we need are stricter rules. Rules that prevent these people from pursuing what they think is best for their kids. Rules that affect every kid in the county because a few have taken advantage.

End the carnage. Make Greenville County great again.
Everybody needs to play by the same rules. That's all. Now get your ass back out on the recruiting trail! Signing day is coming for you cheaters!

Everyone in Greenville county does play by the same rules since school choice is available across the county.

For the record, I don't have to get on the recruiting trail. I didn't have to recruit when I was involved with the program. It's amazing how winning does that on its own. The winning started a quarter of a century ago when Ed Coles was at the helm.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend. I hope the energy you spend pointing fingers at other programs continues to help you grow your own.

Reactions: dmaholtz and 2sem
Definitely an interesting read and approach. I don't think it's quite apples to apples since that district has three high schools vs Greenville's 14 (I think it's 14).

Despite Rock Hills new rule, the fact remains that Greenville County operates differently. Until the rule changes, requesting special permission is legal and fine. If it works out, great, if not, then the kid goes to another school.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT