5-1, Lexington
5-1, North Augusta
5-1, River Bluff
5-1, White Knoll
2-3, South Aiken
1-5, Irmo

Region V-AAA
1-0, 6-0, Airport
1-0, 4-2, Aiken (changed after verifying AHS record, thanks!)
1-0, 2-4, Midland Valley
0-1, 2-4, Brookland-Cayce
0-1, 2-4, Gilbert
0-1, 2-4, Swansea

Last edited:
I believe Aiken is actually 4-2 overall instead of 3-3. Only losses I know of were to Strom Thurmond and North Augusta. Big region matchup Friday at Airport for both teams

Aiken is 4-2...I think Aiken can win this region...Not saying they will, but I do think they have the team to get it done this year..

I agree to disagree. Just got through watching tape from the Aiken/BC game. Aiken is much improved from last year, but not enough to be region contenders. There kicking game is bad, defense is decent (good speed, but small upfront unless they play some linemen both ways). Offense has no passing game at all, running game is all on two guys. Aiken had a lot of turnovers and penalties, a few that took away big plays. And lets face it, everybody has beat BC this year.
Airport is a very physical team on defense and wears down the rushers. Swansea's longest play was around 25 yards, they normally have 4 or 5 big plays every game. Walker was out midway through the 2nd quarter and #33 was contained most of the game. Tucker is getting better every week at QB. The eagles have three running backs that are pretty good and a slew of good receivers that switch out seamlessly. The biggest improvement this year has been the lines. No starters are playing both ways with several subs on each side that are equal in talent. The linebackers are quick and hard hitting and the secondary is FAST. The tackling has been really good, especially in the open field.
I surely wish my son was able to be on the field and enjoy the success that the team has worked so extremely hard in the off season to obtain this year. This is really a special group of men that have really shown their love and support for all the injured players this year. I hope they can carry this good start all the way into the playoffs.

Only four players from these 12 schools selected to the Shrine Bowl and they are all from AAAA! Guess it helps to have a coach from your region on the staff! :(
  1. Rashad Byrd, lb, North Augusta
  2. Nick Graves, db, Lexington
  3. Jayson Hopper, wr, Lexington
  4. Brandon Tillman, ath, River Bluff

It sure does. Just look at the 1st Border Bowl in Augusta, GA. The SC Roster was filled with NA players.

Swansea was out of school Monday and Tuesday, but is supposed to be on a 2 hour delay tomorrow. Not sure about their field or the roads around town, and what that means as far as their ability to have a game on Friday

I agree to disagree. Just got through watching tape from the Aiken/BC game. Aiken is much improved from last year, but not enough to be region contenders. There kicking game is bad, defense is decent (good speed, but small upfront unless they play some linemen both ways). Offense has no passing game at all, running game is all on two guys. Aiken had a lot of turnovers and penalties, a few that took away big plays. And lets face it, everybody has beat BC this year.
Airport is a very physical team on defense and wears down the rushers. Swansea's longest play was around 25 yards, they normally have 4 or 5 big plays every game. Walker was out midway through the 2nd quarter and #33 was contained most of the game. Tucker is getting better every week at QB. The eagles have three running backs that are pretty good and a slew of good receivers that switch out seamlessly. The biggest improvement this year has been the lines. No starters are playing both ways with several subs on each side that are equal in talent. The linebackers are quick and hard hitting and the secondary is FAST. The tackling has been really good, especially in the open field.
I surely wish my son was able to be on the field and enjoy the success that the team has worked so extremely hard in the off season to obtain this year. This is really a special group of men that have really shown their love and support for all the injured players this year. I hope they can carry this good start all the way into the playoffs.

Walker being out severely hampered Swansea's Offense and is likely the reason that Airport was able to pull away. To say that you contained #33 is not exactly true, I'm pretty sure he had around 140yds rushing. I'm not sure that qualifies as containing him. Let's be honest with ourselves,Walker being out is what shut down Swansea not Airports Defense. I'm not saying that Swansea would have won, just saying it would have been a much closer game. I was impressed with Tucker, he threw the ball much better than i expected. I was a little disappointed with their run game. I expected it to be a little better. Not that it was bad, i just didn't see anything that screamed great. I expected to see Tucker break a few and he didn't really. It will have to be much better if they intend to go deep in the playoffs. It was a good win for Airport, interested to see how Swansea responds and what the extent of Walker's injury is.

Reactions: irish46112
Walker is a very special player. His not being on the field DID have an effect.

By "contained", I was referring to no long TD runs. Which Swansea usually has several every game.
33 earned every yard he got Friday night. It would definitely had been a closer game if Walker had been in. On the same note I think Swansea only scores once or twice if my son was playing at DE, but he was on crutches. The backup QB #14 did a pretty good job, not as mobile but seemed to run the offense with confidence. What grade is he in?

14 is a sophomore i believe. He has some ability but is not the explosion that walker is or can be. My understanding is that he will be back Friday.

Region V-AAAA
5-1, Lexington
5-1, North Augusta
5-1, River Bluff
5-1, White Knoll
2-3, South Aiken
1-5, Irmo

Region V-AAA
2-0, 3-4, Midland Valley
1-0, 6-0, Airport
1-0, 4-2, Aiken
0-1, 2-4, Brookland-Cayce
0-1, 2-4, Gilbert
0-2, 2-5, Swansea

Airport wins big tonight over Aiken 30-9 to improve to 7-0 overall and 2-0 in region. Lexington lays a beating on NA tonight as well

Last edited:
Reactions: RBall21
Region V-AAA
2-0, 7-0, Airport

2-0, 3-4, Midland Valley
1-1, 4-3, Aiken
1-1, 3-4, Brookland-Cayce
0-2, 2-5, Gilbert
0-2, 2-5, Swansea

Last edited:
Word on the street is that Carr will be back this week. When do MV and Airport play?

Region V-AAAA
1-0, 6-1, Lexington
1-0, 6-1, River Bluff
1-0, 2-5, Irmo
0-1, 5-2, North Augusta
0-1, 5-2, White Knoll
0-1, 2-4, South Aiken

BC has a lot of size and speed, they have talent. If they clean up some of the mistakes, they can still make some noise in this region

BC has played the same way all year. It's not about cleaning up mistakes, it is who they are !!!!!!!!!
They had ONE drive Monday with SEVEN penalties. They have at least 4, most games more, motion flags EVERY game for the last three years on the same two players on the same formation. The holding, late hits, unsportsmanlike and block in the backs get called all game long. They have a lot of big plays that get called back for holding. I think there was three against Gilbert. #24 has twice as many rushes yards every game that never get counted because the line can't block without holding.

I have watch 3 of their games every year in person and 4-5 more as scout video the last three years. They are by far the most undisciplined team Airport plays. Since week zero every one has said "If they can clean up the mistakes and penalties" they will go a long way. The fact that it has gone on for three years tells you it a'int going to change.

Yes, BC is our rival and I don;t really want them to win EVER. But it is sad to see a team that has potential to be pretty good continue to shoot themselves in the foot every game.

Last edited:
Airport shuts out Gilbert 35-0 tonight to improve to 8-0 overall and 3-0 in region. Sets up a big region game with 3-0 MV next week. White Knoll with a convincing 24-7 victory over NA

Way to go Mustangs and Wildcats! Winner take all next week for Airport/Midland Valley!

Region V-AAAA
2-0, 7-1, Lexington
2-0, 3-5, Irmo
1-1, 6-2, River Bluff
1-1, 6-2, White Knoll
0-2, 5-3, North Augusta
0-2, 2-5, South Aiken

Region V-AAA
3-0, 8-0, Airport
3-0, 4-4, Midland Valley
2-1, 5-3, Aiken
1-2, 3-5, Brookland-Cayce
0-3, 2-6, Gilbert
0-3, 2-6, Swansea

Reactions: mathetes
Region V-AAA could be a gunfight if MVHS gets healthy and plays up to the level they played North Augusta when they play Airport. With that being said, Airport has a heck of a QB/Reciever duo in Brett Burnett and Kerryon Richardson and they will be around for another year to play havoc on the new region lineup.

While I think Lexington is the team in 4A-5, White Knoll stands a chance at making this region very interesting.

3A-5, Airport is the team. I believe even with Carr in place at QB for MV, Airport has too much team speed. Looks to be finishing with 1. Airport, 2. MV, 3. Aiken, 4/5. BC/Swansea 6. Gilbert

This week's matchup with Irmo and Lexington could prove to be interesting. Both teams appear to be healthy and "BEEFY" on both sides of the line. I am going to predict an upset here. Josh is a good Coach, but I think if Kennedy has turned the corner he may have some things up his sleeves for the Wildcats. I don't think with the parity that is starting to show in the top 4 teams in the Region Lexington can escape without a loss. The question will be from who, though. It looks like North Augusta and South Aiken will be fighting for the right to stay out of the bottom the last week. Not sure how much more the North Augusta team can take before folding altogether. How long has it been since they have not made the playoffs? They have always been a tough team. I haven't been able to figure it out if they are playing too many kids both ways is hurting them, injuries and youth or conditioning is not at the same level as when Pippin was there. They just can't seem to play 4 quarters of football anymore. I understand they have a number of injuries to QB's and other players, but when a coach acknowledges his team's failure to finish games that is on him. Gonna be a long winter for the Jackets and the Thoroughbreds this year in my opinion.

I am pretty sure the opposite is true. I know Airport won as the home team in 2007, 2009, and 2011 while MV won at home in 2008, 2010, and 2012. The last 2 years the visiting team has won

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT