ADVERTISEMENT

Region V-AAAA & V-AAA Standings

This week's matchup with Irmo and Lexington could prove to be interesting. Both teams appear to be healthy and "BEEFY" on both sides of the line. I am going to predict an upset here. Josh is a good Coach, but I think if Kennedy has turned the corner he may have some things up his sleeves for the Wildcats. I don't think with the parity that is starting to show in the top 4 teams in the Region Lexington can escape without a loss. The question will be from who, though. It looks like North Augusta and South Aiken will be fighting for the right to stay out of the bottom the last week. Not sure how much more the North Augusta team can take before folding altogether. How long has it been since they have not made the playoffs? They have always been a tough team. I haven't been able to figure it out if they are playing too many kids both ways is hurting them, injuries and youth or conditioning is not at the same level as when Pippin was there. They just can't seem to play 4 quarters of football anymore. I understand they have a number of injuries to QB's and other players, but when a coach acknowledges his team's failure to finish games that is on him. Gonna be a long winter for the Jackets and the Thoroughbreds this year in my opinion.

No one respects Lexington. But they just keep winning.

The Eagles have beaten,BC (Blackmon, Pringle), Dreher (Avery Armstrong), LR (Larry Collins), RNE (Brunson), AC Flora (Brandon Green and Gilcrhrist), Swansea (Walker, Mason Ray). Airport has faced all of these top players in the midlands and given most of them their worst games of the season on the stats sheet. They play as a team with a lot of heart. Stepping up when players were lost to injuries and finding a way to win.
The second time I have ever cried during a football game was week 4. Kerryon Richardson intercepted a pass and after coming off the field he looked down the sideline to my son, standing on his crutches, and said "That was for you". The first time was 6 minutes till the half week 3 when Alec broke his leg on a TD catch.
I truly believe this can be a special year for the Eagles. They just need to slow down MV and the Carr's. You cant stop them, just hope to slow them down. Both of these teams are good I think it will come down to who wants it more. This could be a showdown at The OK Corral or 3 yards and a cloud of dust type of game. Can't say that I am not a little nervous and excited for Friday Night.

GO EAGLES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It all hinges on Carr's health. If he is the Carr of old then i say MV wins in a shootout. If he is limited or has an off/limited game Airport runs away with it.

It all hinges on Carr's health. If he is the Carr of old then i say MV wins in a shootout. If he is limited or has an off/limited game Airport runs away with it.
From what I have been told he is definitely not %100. They intentionally limited his running to try and keep him healthy. It will be interesting to see what their coaches do this week. I am sure that they will need him to run a good bit in order to have a chance to win but if they lose him due to reinjuring that shoulder they have no chance when they get to the playoffs.

Airport and MV have a lot more than just the Region Champ to play for. The loser gets a second round date with the Redfoxes in the beautiful Town of Hartsville, if you win in round #1 that is.

Congrats to MV. Airport beats BC tonight to finish at 9-1 overall and 4-1 in region, and will be the runner up and 2 seed from region in playoffs. Aiken finishes 3rd and BC 4th

Wildcats and Mustangs clinch! First region championship for MVHS since 2008. Good weekend!

Region V-AAAA
4-0, 9-1, Lexington
2-2, 7-3, White Knoll
2-2, 7-3, River Bluff
2-2, 3-7, Irmo
1-3, 6-4, North Augusta
1-3, 3-6, South Aiken

Region V-AAA
5-0, 6-4, Midland Valley
4-1, 9-1, Airport
3-2, 6-4, Aiken
2-3, 4-6, Brookland-Cayce (might make playoffs)
1-4, 3-7, Swansea
0-5, 2-8, Gilbert

Wildcats and Mustangs clinch! First region championship for MVHS since 2008. Good weekend!

Region V-AAAA
4-0, 9-1, Lexington
2-2, 7-3, White Knoll
2-2, 7-3, River Bluff
2-2, 3-7, Irmo
1-3, 6-4, North Augusta
1-3, 3-6, South Aiken

Region V-AAA
5-0, 6-4, Midland Valley
4-1, 9-1, Airport
3-2, 6-4, Aiken
2-3, 4-6, Brookland-Cayce (might make playoffs)
1-4, 3-7, Swansea
0-5, 2-8, Gilbert
MV won it's previous region championship in 2010, not 2008.

Outright! MV went 5-0 in 2008. 4-1 in 2010. Hard to claim a Region Championship if you tied and were 2nd.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT