ADVERTISEMENT

SC USAW State Championships

MOMMYD

Four Year Letterman
Jul 30, 2005
This Saturday SC-USAW is having it's State Championships at White Knoll HS. Weigh-ins are 8-9 am, register at flowrestling.org>Arena>SC-USAW State Championships or go to the link below. Registration closes at 8pm Friday night.
https://events.flowrestling.org/event/e69c8078-13d8-4fe7-ae89-3c54d06a1fd3

Here are some Questions and Answers:

Just wanted to clarify a few things for this weekend and next so I can give my parents accurate information.

Q. You must wrestle in the state tournament in order to compete in SE Regionals, correct?
A. States is strongly encouraged for Southeast Region. For Schoolboy and below must attend SER for Nationals in Atlanta. For Nationals they can only compete in styles that they wrestled in SER.

Q. Two styles is not mandatory?
A. States can do one style, but they will not be eligible for the belts. Preferred to participate in both styles if planning on wrestling two styles in SER.

Q. If athletes only compete in one style at White Knoll would they only be able to compete in one style at SE Regionals?
A. See above.

Q. Assuming, like in my competition days, there is no bumping and/or double bracketing at the state tournament like there would normally be?
A. Correct. Cadets can register for Cadets and Juniors. Must make the scratch weight that they registered for. We will not move up.

Q. Is it mandatory they wrestle the same weight this weekend that they plan on wrestling for SE Regionals? No bumping down?
A. No. They can wrestle a lower/higher weight class at SE Regions

Additional Information:
  1. Must weigh-in in a singlet or what they are going to wrestle in. NO UNDERWEAR OR NAKED WEIGH-INS!!!!
  2. No refunds for missed weight. If you think you can not make the weight register for the next weight class up.
  3. At SER must have red and blue singlets.
  4. If there is enough girls there will be a girls bracket.
  5. Last chance to order National team clothing package May 27. Cost is $265 for the Rudis Gold bundle. Need money prior to Order. Please bring money order or cash to States or South East Regions. Make Money orders payable to SC-USAW. Can mail to: SC-USAW, ICO Robert Delgado, 421 Quail Run Circle, Fountain Inn SC 29644

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT