ADVERTISEMENT

Seeding Records

ccopinc

Rookie
Feb 16, 2014
I would love to know if anyone verifies records when seeding meetings are done for Upper and Lower States. I am looking at the posted records on Flo and know for certain that some records are not correct and have been skewed to give the wrestler better seeding.

Shouldn't someone with the SCHSL be verifying this information. Isn't if cheating to mis-represent a wrestlers record to give him better seeding?

Might be different from class to class, but AAAA Upperstate seeding was based on In-state record per SCHSL handbook. So teams who wrestled a lot out of state probably had vastly different records than what you may have saw previously.

I understand about the rules part of it. But what Im asking is if a coach submits a wrestlers record who verifies it is correct. I know for a fact some incorrect records were sent in, most trying to benefit the wrestlers seeding.

The schsl would have no way of verifying records. They would not get involved with that. It is up to the coaches to police themselves.

Would like to see us go to what NC does where coaches / teams are required to keep their stats / results on trackwrestling. IMO that would be the easiest way to verify / confirm a kids record.

The other issue is not so much coaches "fabricating" records is coaches at schools who barely send in a record for a kid due to poor book keeping, etc..... I see way more of this than I do the former (in fact I'm not sure how anyone could ever really prove the former).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT