ADVERTISEMENT

Spring Practice Reports

JB_a_Rivals

Varsity All American
May 7, 2003
Guys, would appreciate ANY kind of report you can give from Spring Practices this week. I will be making rounds myself and posting Spring report here on the message boards. If you can post yours as well, that would be fantastic.

Reactions: DuckDitchTiger
Guys, would appreciate ANY kind of report you can give from Spring Practices this week. I will be making rounds myself and posting Spring report here on the message boards. If you can post yours as well, that would be fantastic.

JB@Rivals ... This is BS100, you know who I am. I do not know how to get in touch with you, so I am doing my best.

I have a simple request. I would very much appreciate if you could remove the word SMACK from the title of the Softball Message Board. Call it something else please. I do not want you to take this as any offense. I just do not think it represents what we are trying to convey in this particular venue.

Thank you so much, Please delete when received, if you can.
BS100 ... Tim Palmer

JB@Rivals ... This is BS100, you know who I am. I do not know how to get in touch with you, so I am doing my best.

I have a simple request. I would very much appreciate if you could remove the word SMACK from the title of the Softball Message Board. Call it something else please. I do not want you to take this as any offense. I just do not think it represents what we are trying to convey in this particular venue.

Thank you so much, Please delete when received, if you can.
BS100 ... Tim Palmer

Does the word "Smack" have a new meaning? These boards have been used to pick, joke and chat about various sports since the day they were born.

Not sure how changing a word in the descriptions would change anything.

By the way, nice to meet you.

;)

Does the word "Smack" have a new meaning? These boards have been used to pick, joke and chat about various sports since the day they were born.

Not sure how changing a word in the descriptions would change anything.

By the way, nice to meet you.

;)
SMACK IS LITE ON WHAT I POST?

WHAT CAN A CREEK GEEK OFFER?????
I was living in Crowfield when I created my profile. I know a few of your kids from my son. It was just a little smack talk. He is friends with 2 of your QB's and does workout with them. He is at Cane Bay.

I have a ton of Berkeley friends, not really a rivalry but it might become one in the near future.

Slick is definitely a TRUE Stag fan! I respect him for that. Its just too bad that his team has fallen soooooo far lol! All jokes aside I hope both of your teams have a great year, except when you play The Ville of course!

Slick is definitely a TRUE Stag fan! I respect him for that. Its just too bad that his team has fallen soooooo far lol! All jokes aside I hope both of your teams have a great year, except when you play The Ville of course!

Speaking of the "ville", what's it looking like there?

We are breaking in a new QB. Skill players are looking sharp. A lot of holes to fill on Defense but hopefully we can adjust. Seems to be a change in the offensive philosophy so hopefully that will help us score points. With the holes on defense, we may need to score a lot to win games, but luckily I think we have the skill players to do it

App State was at South Florence practice yesterday and PC today ... Time for some offers to come out.

Reactions: DuckDitchTiger
We are breaking in a new QB. Skill players are looking sharp. A lot of holes to fill on Defense but hopefully we can adjust. Seems to be a change in the offensive philosophy so hopefully that will help us score points. With the holes on defense, we may need to score a lot to win games, but luckily I think we have the skill players to do it

O - I think the runnnig backs will be strong as will the OL. Receiving grp will be solid, but not sure they will be able to take the top off. JV QB will probabaly step up and be starter, but overall the program is VERY thin at the QB position. Essentially, 1 kid on varsity with QB being his primary position.
D - Although a lot was lost, there is enough talent to fill in the gaps. Overall, I don't see D as an issue.

O - I think the runnnig backs will be strong as will the OL. Receiving grp will be solid, but not sure they will be able to take the top off. JV QB will probabaly step up and be starter, but overall the program is VERY thin at the QB position. Essentially, 1 kid on varsity with QB being his primary position.
D - Although a lot was lost, there is enough talent to fill in the gaps. Overall, I don't see D as an issue.

I hope your right GS but from what I'm hearing we are really weak at DB and D-end. I do think the Oline will be better than expected and our backs should be fine. WR's are definitely not 4.4 guys but they are big and skilled. One is a D1 receiver and the other has a chance to have a big senior year.

Here is a look at St. James ..... high hopes this year

brick-lol.gif

Spartanburg has been working hard this week during Spring Practice. The Defense really look good, Faster than last year. Offensively the look OK.. They are missing several Key Players who are still running track... I think the Vikings will have another Great Year!!!

J.L. Mann spring practice report. They have some decent athletes, but didn't look too sharp overall. Their starting QB is out and their 2nd string QB quit to focus on baseball. They had little offense with the 3rd string QB. The OL struggled. Their RBs looked pretty good. They ran hard and physical. They have a new DC. The DL looked like a plus with good size and some quickness. LBs swarmed to the ball pretty well. Really hard to judge the secondary because of previous mentioned QB situation. It's possible that they could improve, but I don't think they'll win many in region. I guess improvement would be just being in the game at the start of the 3rd quarter. I don't know if they can fix that culture. It's Strickland's 5th year and they've won 9 games during his first four seasons.

Greenville Spring practice. Spiers is legit at QB. He has a new crop of receivers, and it will take time, but the passing game should be fine. RBs look pretty good. OL has some work to put in. Some decent size though. New DC brings lots of energy. The D doesn't look real big, but it looks like they have good speed. If they can improve their D scheme and not miss tackles, they should win some more games. They will miss #2 at WR though.

Myrtle Beach Seahawks looked good Friday Eve.... Defense was stout to begin the game on both Green and White teams, and a number of Drayton Arnold's perfect passes were dropped hitting hands. Then, they started being caught by a mostly new crop of speedy receivers. Brandon Sinclair looked strong and patient with flashes of blazing speed when the field opened. Very encouraged to see the two soph... QBs Cribb and Riggs,,,,get better in this game.

Biggest positive for Greenville is their numbers are going up. Had around 90 kids out for Spring verus 50 last year. Will miss #2. Crane is and will do a good job for the Red Raiders!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT