#1 Beaufort vs #4 Lower Lexington
#2 Horry vs #3 Manning

#1 Florence vs #4 Hartsville
#2 Orangeburg vs #3 Aiken

#1 Sumter vs #4 Murrells Inlet
#2 Lexington vs #3 Hampton

#1 Chapin-Newberry vs #4 Goose Creek
#2 Camden vs #3 Georgetown

How in world did Williamston finish 2nd in league 7? And Anderson not make the playoffs? I thought Williamston won like 2 games?

Was told Anderson and Walhalla not participating in playoffs due to illegal player(s) during the season.

If Anderson and Walhalla is not in playoffs due to illegal players then apparently the legion committeeman for this league did look at there rosters or could it be due to the fact that this person turned a blind eye to what was going on?

If Anderson and Walhalla is not in playoffs due to illegal players then apparently the legion committeeman for this league did look at there rosters or could it be due to the fact that this person turned a blind eye to what was going on?

Kind of hard to police rosters during the regular season when National does not require that they be filed until the end of June. (Unless somebody just knows the kid and when he was born).

I have heard that one of the teams in the playoffs may have used an illegal (too old) player during the regular season. Don't know if he is still with the team or not. Would be curious to know what the OFFICIAL penalty is for using an illegal player during the regular season. (Assuming there is something in writing somewhere). Forfeiture of games in which he played? Ineligibility for playoffs?

If it is for illegal players, the I can undertand. What I don't understand is how Williamston jumped the other two teams?

Isn't it normally 4 upstate teams / 4 lower state teams in Sumter? How is that going to play out with only 3 "brackets"/teams coming out of the upstate?

The kid's name is Austin Todd on their national Roster. Word on the street is he played during the regular season! Williamston should have to forfeit everything! This coach has had issues with illegal players in the past! I wonder if state director or their league director know!!!!

http://citadelsports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=5171

Born in 97 to old!

This stuff keeps happening year after year in this league!

Sptbgfan19, there certainly should be repercussions for the coach, and anybody up the food chain that ignored what he was doing. But, seriously doubt that Sptbg will have any trouble with Williamston. Frankly, at this point, I'd rather see Sptbg (or any team) have to play a series rather than get a bye, so long as the illegal player is not allowed to play.

Dawgpoundit, See this link, particularly page two. http://www.p-15.net/uploads/2017_State_Brackets.pdf

Game 1: Spartanburg 15, Williamston 5

Union, Inman, and Gaffney all rained out.

Rock Hill leads Union 2 games to 0.

Inman beat York last night. I believe the score was 7-5. That puts Inman up 1-0.

With Spartanburg/Williamston tied in their series at one apiece, why on earth are they not playing again until Monday?!?!?
Rock Hill is laughing all the way to Sumter with that decision, are they not?

Camden is playing well right now. Has won 11 in a row. Hitting their stride. That said, will have a much more difficult time with C-N or, Goose Creek. Georgetown playing with a backup catcher did not help it's cause.

State committee is making them play Saturday! Williamston might not have enough tomorrow. Wouldn't be surprised to see another forfeit!

There needs to be a forfeit fee!!!!! If you forfeit in the playoffs you should have to pay the other team $100-$200

RULE BOOK SAYS THAT IF YOU FORFEIT FEE IS $300.00. THE 64 THOUSAND DOLLAR QUESTION IS HAS THIS EVER BEEN INFORCED? MOST LIKELY NOT.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT