ADVERTISEMENT

State Tournament Seeding update

ALBonSCV

Rookie
Apr 17, 2013
Like everyone else, I don't know with 100% accuracy the state tournament seedings so don't use this as the final word. However we have posted this every year and been accurate each year. In the past, seedings have always been based on playoff record, and the tiebreaker being runs given up. So here goes. If the state tournament started today....

UPPER STATE
1. Lancaster 3-0 (2)
2. York 3-0 (19)
3. Greenwood 3-1 (14)
4. Inman 3-1 (26)
5. Spartanburg 3-2 (28)
6. Greenville 3-2 (31)
-. Gaffney 0-0 (0)
-. Rock Hill 0-0 (0)

LOWER STATE
1. Florence 3-0 (2)
2. Camden 3-0 (16)
3. Horry 3-0 (23)
4. Sumter 3-1 (15)
5. Murrells Inlet 3-1 (19)
6. Chapin-Newberry 3-1 (20)

So based on these seedings plus the second round match ups, day 1 of the state tournament would look like this, assuming higher seeds win (this will change daily).

(1) Lancaster vs (4) Lower State play in
(2) Camden vs (3) Rock Hill/Gaffney

(1) Florence vs (4) Rock Hill/Gaffney
(2) York vs (3) Sumter

Again, don't use this as the end all be all. But this is the formula that's always been used since seeding began.

Last edited:
So........what you are saying is......this is just ANOTHER dumb way the American Legion determines things? So a team gets 3 forfeits, has a 3-0 record while a team that busts their butt and wins a series 3-2 is considered a worse team. Got it.

And a team that plays 5 games and gives up 15 runs over those 5 games, is worse than a team that sat at home all week after getting a forfeited series that gave up 0 runs. Got it.

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

None of my comments are directed at you ALBonSCV. Just at the current stupidity swirling around. I do appreciate the information.

Last edited:
I just love it when the newbys get a taste of the way the Legion tournament works. All you need to know is what Timothy Olyphant told Bruce Willis in Live Free or Die Hard, "The Rules can always change." And they frequently do, from one day to the next. Sometimes in the same day.

So........what you are saying is......this is just ANOTHER dumb way the American Legion determines things? So a team gets 3 forfeits, has a 3-0 record while a team that busts their butt and wins a series 3-2 is considered a worse team. Got it.

And a team that plays 5 games and gives up 15 runs over those 5 games, is worse than a team that sat at home all week after getting a forfeited series that gave up 0 runs. Got it.

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

None of my comments are directed at you ALBonSCV. Just at the current stupidity swirling around. I do appreciate the information.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT