ADVERTISEMENT

Top Ten for preaseason

JB_a_Rivals

Varsity All American
May 7, 2003
I've posted the 5A Top Ten today and 4A will be posted tomorrow. One thing as I go through rosters and look at some film from last year (this past week), the Class 3A is very weak once you get past four or five teams. Anyone have any feedback on 3A, I welcome your opinions.

you better have my stags on your list or you will be banned from the low country

Ain't gonna happen. They'll have to win out. An Earley fan.

You noticed that to 93 I see. He has had us in top 3 preseason ever since Earley got here. Even though we haven't gotten past the 2nd round. Last year was probably our best chance. We had a good senior QB with speed at WR and a fast experienced defense. This year, no way. We even getting away from all spread cause we don't have the QB to sling it around. Going to a veer option of some sort.

Of course after your boys just beat us like a drum the first 2 years he was here he couldn't get you guys off the schedule fast enough.

You noticed that to 93 I see. He has had us in top 3 preseason ever since Earley got here. Even though we haven't gotten past the 2nd round. Last year was probably our best chance. We had a good senior QB with speed at WR and a fast experienced defense. This year, no way. We even getting away from all spread cause we don't have the QB to sling it around. Going to a veer option of some sort.

Of course after your boys just beat us like a drum the first 2 years he was here he couldn't get you guys off the schedule fast enough.
You guys have been good. Just couldn't get over a couple of humps. Hanna finally figured out how to beat us. We should have a really good team this year. We return our school record breaking quarterback. One of the top receivers in the state with a good supporting cast of other receivers. Returning lots from a team that was put out in an 8 point loss to Boiling Springs who played for state. They should be good. It's in the coach's hands.

Greenwood is rarely given credit here until they win a title. It's been that way. Used to it.

This year will be Greenwood's shot at winning another title. We have a lot of players returned from last year plus our gun slinger is back. The team went 5-1 at the Newberry College 7on7 and 5-0 at the VT 7on7.

This year will be Greenwood's shot at winning another title. We have a lot of players returned from last year plus our gun slinger is back. The team went 5-1 at the Newberry College 7on7 and 5-0 at the VT 7on7.
7 on 7 don't usually equate to a title. So we really can't count those. They're just good practice. I will agree they should be very good though. It's on the coaches. They have to do their thing.

Dfoldman- Back on the net here in the Hindu Kush from US Embassy... ISIS tried to blow me up a couple weeks back....NO LUCK!.....concussion and a few stitches... take more than a VBIED ISIS to slow the Dfold...HA.... Of course I am back on line to rave about the mighty Silver Foxes... and also waiting for the fashion update from Red Bank... all those new overalls and Get'er Done trucker caps at the season's first game... the faint scent of transmission fluid (from the bathtub)... football season is getting closer! FEAR THE FOX!!

I KNOW YOU REMEMBER BRUCE PASSING ON YALL TO BEAT YALL IN THE CORNER

I KNOW YOU REMEMBER BRUCE PASSING ON YALL TO BEAT YALL IN THE CORNER

We remember returning 3 years in a row afterwards and winning several titles during our tenure. Can't focus on the loses, it's part of the ups and downs of the program. I think we even lost to Wren that year. In the end though, collecting titles is what counts. We are due again.

Everyone is due at some time in their program....Money in the bank is usually DF, however FD might be bringing it to them this year. In 4A, you have to go with Hartsville (sorry Slick) and South Pointe, although S Aiken could be the sleeper. In 3A my money is on Chapman and Dillon (of course). Chapman's cupboard is still full from last year. I do like Newberry too. They have a talented rising Sr running back and quarterback. The rest of the classes (minus 8-man) I will need help from muscles (Strebel) and Slick!

Good Luck coming within 2 tds of South Pointe... they return everything.. they should have the same domination as the 2009 senior class that went 15-0.

Everyone is due at some time in their program....Money in the bank is usually DF, however FD might be bringing it to them this year. In 4A, you have to go with Hartsville (sorry Slick) and South Pointe, although S Aiken could be the sleeper. In 3A my money is on Chapman and Dillon (of course). Chapman's cupboard is still full from last year. I do like Newberry too. They have a talented rising Sr running back and quarterback. The rest of the classes (minus 8-man) I will need help from muscles (Strebel) and Slick!
Some are due more than others. There are many schools that have never won a title. Multiple titles are impressive. We have our share.

I think JB has ST ranked #6 in 3A, so that places them in that category he considers being very weak. ST returns a lot of talent off of a down 7-5 team from a year ago. Not sure if he looked at our roster and actually noticed how many 3 and 4 year starters we return. But if he thinks we are weak, then I guess we are, after all, he is the professional.

I've posted the 5A Top Ten today and 4A will be posted tomorrow. One thing as I go through rosters and look at some film from last year (this past week), the Class 3A is very weak once you get past four or five teams. Anyone have any feedback on 3A, I welcome your opinions.

Interesting.

I bet Abbeville can contend for a title in 3A maybe 4A. Didn't they beat Hartsville last year?

Abbeville is BAMA, I mean Clemson. DO NOT put the panthers on your schedule. As for GREENWOOD do not lose to Emerald. Beat Hanna win the region , go deep in the playoffs and PIppin will survive. Not that fans are expecting to much.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT