ADVERTISEMENT

TOP TEN POLLS RELEASED

So some thoughts to consider; lets have some feedback. I don't mind criticism, just support it with your thoughts.

I know I've got Dorman in Top Ten at 0-2 but the truth is, i just don't see a team outside of the top ten that I think is better than them. This Five Class system has watered down the classes once you get down around 10, 11, and 12 deep.

In 4A, I had a debate with a guy thinking Cane Bay should be in the Top Ten in 4A. Truth is, I don't think they could beat either of the teams at 9 or 10.

The polls, in my opinion, shouldn't be based on a number (ie: record). It should be based on match ups and who the better teams are.

Any thoughts?

Dillon is 1-1. If you rank Dorman 10th at 0-2 in 5A. Just for same argument you used...would Fairfield Central beat Dillon ? Just for Discussion. I love the forum, and the work you do !!!

Last edited:
Dillon is 1-1. You have them at 2-0. If you rank Dorman 10th at 0-2 in 5A. Just for same argument you used...would Fairfield Central beat Dillon ? Just for Discussion. I love the forum, and the work you do !!!
Haven't seen Dillon enough to know the answer to that. But I have seen FFC and this is one of the best teams they've had. They have a challenge this week against a 5A Blythewood, though.

Honor among thiefs, so to speak. Within the top ten, if you lose, you drop. Period. That said, when the pool starts getting shallow, the best teams are going to stay in the polls. Have to. I don't believe in "entitlement". So a weak team can play all of the patsies they want to, I'm not putting them ahead of a team that is better than them. That said, the "better" team has to do something too. Dorman, for instance, needs to put together wins. But losses to Bob Jones and Northwestern are not going to drop them. Spring Valley is just outside the Top Ten at 2-0 but their wins are not necessarily quality wins and bottom line is, I don't think they could beat Dorman.

So some thoughts to consider; lets have some feedback. I don't mind criticism, just support it with your thoughts.

I know I've got Dorman in Top Ten at 0-2 but the truth is, i just don't see a team outside of the top ten that I think is better than them. This Five Class system has watered down the classes once you get down around 10, 11, and 12 deep.

In 4A, I had a debate with a guy thinking Cane Bay should be in the Top Ten in 4A. Truth is, I don't think they could beat either of the teams at 9 or 10.

The polls, in my opinion, shouldn't be based on a number (ie: record). It should be based on match ups and who the better teams are.

Any thoughts?
They will beat the Stags.

They will beat the Stags.
Stratford will be a good gauge to compare as Cane Bay plays them friday. Berkeley is a tough match up for Cane Bay because of their offensive weapons. Defense is much better at Cane Bay and Berkeley won't stop the run. The Cobras will control the clock and outscore them.

Last edited:
This is one poll that is indicative of the subjectivity of sports polls. I do not accept the premise that a team that is 0-2 should be ranked in the top ten. Maybe that could be the case after they have played more games, but not at this point in the season. Is it just a reasonable to believe that just maybe the team isn't as good as they are perceived.

Reactions: DuckDitchTiger
I've seen Cane Bay twice and I've seen Berkeley twice. Cane Bay by far has the better team and athletes. And Cane Bay probably has the second best team in the low country behind Fort Dorchester. Berkeley will go as the QB goes..without him they have nothing but a punter

You have to get down here to the Low Country! Cane Bay is a top 3 lower state team! MB, Hartsville, Cane Bay will be there when the smoke clears. Stags beating Stratford is a bigger win than Cane Bay beating Goose Creek?

I've seen Cane Bay twice and I've seen Berkeley twice. Cane Bay by far has the better team and athletes. And Cane Bay probably has the second best team in the low country behind Fort Dorchester. Berkeley will go as the QB goes..without him they have nothing but a punter
I see your point; I just don't share the opinion but I do understand it.

This is one poll that is indicative of the subjectivity of sports polls. I do not accept the premise that a team that is 0-2 should be ranked in the top ten. Maybe that could be the case after they have played more games, but not at this point in the season. Is it just a reasonable to believe that just maybe the team isn't as good as they are perceived.
I see your point; I just don't share the opinion but I do understand it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT