ADVERTISEMENT

Westwood HS asst. coach to take head coaching job in NC?

Aug 12, 2003
Just wondering who this guy is and what he "brings to the table." This assistant coach is supposedly heading to Union Pines HS in the Fayetteville area. Don't know too much about Westwood, except that they went 2-8 last season.

Might help if we had a clue who you are talking about...

Most high schools have 8+ Assistant Coaches...

o_O

But... this IS your FIRST post, so....

:rolleyes:

This may be my first post on SCVarsity but I am known in NC. OK, I understand that most teams have several assistant coaches, but I am just wondering who down there would be leaving to take a head coaching job in NC. All I know is that Westwood went 2-8 last season. If I knew who he was, would I be asking???

Last edited:
This may be my first post on SCVarsity but I am known in NC. OK, I understand that most teams have several assistant coaches, but I am just wondering who down there would be leaving to take a head coaching job in NC. All I know is that Westwood went 2-8 last season. If I knew who he was, would I be asking???
I played with Quinn in college. He is a very smart coach and will work hard at developing any program that he is leading. He knows his stuff on offense and this will be a great young hire no worries.

Please forgive Dacoach... he's a bright guy, very knowledgeable, but he has an weird dislike of newcomers to this forum. I've seen him point out about five "first posts" since I've started following this.

Also, considering how God-awful they pay coaches who work up in NC, anyone who leaves this state and goes up there must be hard-working and ambitious, coaches that will bust their humps to make a name for themselves. trust me, he's doing it for the glory, not the pay.

I've known of coaches leaving NC to come to SC, but not the opposite. Also, I'm tired of waiting around for the local Board of Education here in Moore County, NC to make an announcement. Apparently, the powers that be at Union Pines HS see something special in this guy.

westwood is a new school first year of football i think

Please forgive Dacoach... he's a bright guy, very knowledgeable, but he has an weird dislike of newcomers to this forum. I've seen him point out about five "first posts" since I've started following this.

Also, considering how God-awful they pay coaches who work up in NC, anyone who leaves this state and goes up there must be hard-working and ambitious, coaches that will bust their humps to make a name for themselves. trust me, he's doing it for the glory, not the pay.

LOL

I have become cynical in my old age. Anytime I see a First Post asking for info or criticizing (not in this case) a coach, I always make light of them. It is 99% of the time, someone with an agenda.

I detest folks who create an account just to throw shade... so I'm suspicious by default.

Sorry RD28327....

Now... about that screen name....

:D

Still wondering about this particular hire. But, since I am a Union Pines alumnus, I'll pull for this guy and give him a chance. Aside from Westwood's 2-8 record last season, I like this guy's background.

Still wondering about this particular hire. But, since I am a Union Pines alumnus, I'll pull for this guy and give him a chance. Aside from Westwood's 2-8 record last season, I like this guy's background.

Well.... let's be fair. A team's success or failures do not soley hinge on an assistant, so its impossible to predetermine how a person will do as a head coach simply on the success of his former team. Many assistants from successful programs turned out to be horrible head coaches. And many assistants from marginal to poor teams have become fantastic hires.

There are SO many factor that go into be a "successful" coach, and determining a "successful" program.

I don't know this guy, so I cant give you any kind of character judgement, but I do know people who know him, and I've heard he's a good person who works hard. That's a good foundation for a great head coach, in my opinion.

Good luck to him and his new team.

:D

A team's success is based on many things. The major one is the talent and work ethic of the players. Everybody knows that. A guy's got to have a chance. Give him a chance and see what he does over the years in building the program.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT