ADVERTISEMENT

What happened to Westside?!

HasBeen125

Two Year Starter
Aug 31, 2011
Your telling me the coach didn't run onto the field and bully his way to a win. I knew Nation Ford was something serious after the Gaffney game. Well Westside is back to mediocre. Congrats Nation Ford the better team won. Westside.....it's now officially wrestling/basketball season.

Our boys did well but we lost our starting RB to ACL last week. Had to move our slot guy to RB position .

To be honest early I thought we were done but our boys came back and fought hard.

Great game

and just a tidbit of info, guy I went to HS with is an official and was running the clock last night. He told me he has NEVER had an issue with SE at all. Claims he is one of the best on sidelines to deal with and is actually pretty comical at times.

Early is bombastic and looks like maniac sometimes but the players love him and he is obviously a WINNER... I was in Anderson over Thanksgiving and spoke to a fan family who said Westside and Anderson in general LOVE Coach Scott Early. Haters,,,, get over it.

Reactions: birdcol
Your telling me the coach didn't run onto the field and bully his way to a win. I knew Nation Ford was something serious after the Gaffney game. Well Westside is back to mediocre. Congrats Nation Ford the better team won. Westside.....it's now officially wrestling/basketball season.
11-2 record and won the region. Lost in the state quarterfinals in overtime. That's mediocre? You sir are a clown

Mediocre really? As stated above sums it up best.

This game was one which could have went either way on one play. Really was a great game to watch. Neither team have anything to hang their head about. Nf is a good football team. Best passing attack I've seen in a long time. One of the cleanest games I've seen in a long time. Minimal penalties.

Over a 10 year span if these coaches that came in to Anderson last year would stay (hypothetically), who would end up better? Year 1: Definitely Westside. Year 2: Close. Teams played to OT, Hanna exceeded expectations after QB left for Westside.
Year 3: Hanna seems to be on the rise.

Over a 10 year span if these coaches that came in to Anderson last year would stay (hypothetically), who would end up better? Year 1: Definitely Westside. Year 2: Close. Teams played to OT, Hanna exceeded expectations after QB left for Westside.
Year 3: Hanna seems to be on the rise.

I cannot speak of 10 year span but even tprice says the talent in Hanna's freshman and sophmore classes are unbelievably good. I know what they did to Lakeside and Robert Anderson the 2 years they were there and these will be the asme kids going up against each other the next 2-3 years.

I have to say Hanna will be the more talented team the next 3 years because of all the freshman that started and played this year. We at Westside lose a lot of skill guys this year and I do not see us replacing them with guys that can keep up with Hanna's young guns. Remember, these are freshman and sophomores that beat Hillcrest, took us to overtime and lost to Spartanburg by only 3. All 3 teams I mentioned have a lot of seniors starting.

Good chance Hanna plays for or even wins state the next 2-3 yrs.

I cannot speak of 10 year span but even tprice says the talent in Hanna's freshman and sophmore classes are unbelievably good. I know what they did to Lakeside and Robert Anderson the 2 years they were there and these will be the asme kids going up against each other the next 2-3 years.

I have to say Hanna will be the more talented team the next 3 years because of all the freshman that started and played this year. We at Westside lose a lot of skill guys this year and I do not see us replacing them with guys that can keep up with Hanna's young guns. Remember, these are freshman and sophomores that beat Hillcrest, took us to overtime and lost to Spartanburg by only 3. All 3 teams I mentioned have a lot of seniors starting.

Good chance Hanna plays for or even wins state the next 2-3 yrs.

I agree, TLH talent is young and SCARY they are so good and composed. I kept telling folks they would upset Spartanburg and they came pretty dog gone close. Also WHS had to play all of the season without a very special all purpose player in Hunter Marchbanks. This young man can play ANY WHERE you put him.

Future is bright for both schools but I will give the edge to TLH the next couple of years however there will be some big shoes to fill along offensive line but I feel they will be fine . WHS has a lot of athletes and it seems Earley knows how to get the best of of them and kids LOVE playing for him.

Also keep your eye on Lummie Young, one of the best HS DB's I have seen since Nuk Hopkins at Daniel

I agree, TLH talent is young and SCARY they are so good and composed. I kept telling folks they would upset Spartanburg and they came pretty dog gone close. Also WHS had to play all of the season without a very special all purpose player in Hunter Marchbanks. This young man can play ANY WHERE you put him.

Future is bright for both schools but I will give the edge to TLH the next couple of years however there will be some big shoes to fill along offensive line but I feel they will be fine . WHS has a lot of athletes and it seems Earley knows how to get the best of of them and kids LOVE playing for him.

Also keep your eye on Lummie Young, one of the best HS DB's I have seen since Nuk Hopkins at Daniel
When you said OL and Hanna... Yes they are a great team this year and very composed. That tiny Fresh QB who should be a junior next year( he was held back a year for all those straight A s he had). ANY way he just stood back their behind that AWESOME TOUGHEST O LINE AROUND and had 10 seconds every play! Now he did have a good throw and from what I understand has a good QB trainer.. But don't put all your eggs in Hannas basket till u see their O LINE next year! I WILL promise you this...put Daniels QB BAtson, same age as Hanna QB ON JANNAS O LINE HE WOULD BE SOOO MUCH BETTER! And put Hannas QB with Daniels line this year and he would never make it! So for Hanna the O LINE IS THE key imp!

When you said OL and Hanna... Yes they are a great team this year and very composed. That tiny Fresh QB who should be a junior next year( he was held back a year for all those straight A s he had). ANY way he just stood back their behind that AWESOME TOUGHEST O LINE AROUND and had 10 seconds every play! Now he did have a good throw and from what I understand has a good QB trainer.. But don't put all your eggs in Hannas basket till u see their O LINE next year! I WILL promise you this...put Daniels QB BAtson, same age as Hanna QB ON JANNAS O LINE HE WOULD BE SOOO MUCH BETTER! And put Hannas QB with Daniels line this year and he would never make it! So for Hanna the O LINE IS THE key imp!

Sounds like somebody is jealous.

Oh I agree, Daniel is a VERY good young team as well.

I was very impressed with them as well, looked down roster and all I saw was underclassmen in key positions.

Dabo son is a GREAT athlete as well, VERY impressed with this young man, VERY

Sounds like somebody is jealous.

Hole 12 I should have said moe on the positive about Hanna cause they are an AWESOME team and beat the CRAP out of many teams and looked good doing it. I'm not jealous. That team was well coach and the players are beasts. They had the grown men o line that is a dream for any team. I was focusing on one negative part of a team that has very few and playing WHAT IF THIS LINE WAS THERE.... And although I believe what I said to be true.. I did not or do not want to take ONE thing away from Hannas season wins coaches and awesome kids in every position to make a great team. I got over explanatory on one point and I'm sorry if I sounded like an old man who can't see any point besides his own for jealousy reasons.

Hole 12 I should have said moe on the positive about Hanna cause they are an AWESOME team and beat the CRAP out of many teams and looked good doing it. I'm not jealous. That team was well coach and the players are beasts. They had the grown men o line that is a dream for any team. I was focusing on one negative part of a team that has very few and playing WHAT IF THIS LINE WAS THERE.... And although I believe what I said to be true.. I did not or do not want to take ONE thing away from Hannas season wins coaches and awesome kids in every position to make a great team. I got over explanatory on one point and I'm sorry if I sounded like an old man who can't see any point besides his own for jealousy reasons.
The goal is to practice and work hard and work together to Win and HANNA did that!

What about the QB????

As for as the "tiny" QB goes, Alex is 6' 172 lbs. and that is by our measurements at TLH. Ben Batson and he are about the same size. I know this because they would talk to each other at the 7 on 7's. Only difference is Ben has blond hair and Alex has red. Ramon Robinson trains them both and that is how they know each other. Ramon has done a great job with both.

You are correct, my understanding is Alex was held back. He is a straight A student however. That is between he and his family. I have been coaching for awhile now and have never been on a team that there was not at least 1 kid that had been held back. Right now I think we have like 6-7 that have been held back. You go to Laurens, Union and others and you will have even more.

We lose 2 out of the 5 on the line. We will be even better next year on the line.

To say that Batson would be SOOO much better is not a fair judgment. Alex did an amazing job this year. Over 3300 yds and 37 TDS. Broke all the records. We had 2 RB's that both ran for over a 1000 yds. You could say put Daniels RB back there and he would have done SOOO much better. We lost to Spartanburg this past Friday. Austin Scott benefited the last 2 years with his WR's and also throwing to Feaster out of the backfield.

I have attached is highlight film. Notice what Alex is able to do when his AWESOME O line sin't so AWESOME. Notice the Hillcrest, Laurens, Greenwood, Spartanburg games. They got some GREAT athletes.

Just taking up for my player.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3871388/highlights/301573380/v2

As for as the "tiny" QB goes, Alex is 6' 172 lbs. and that is by our measurements at TLH. Ben Batson and he are about the same size. I know this because they would talk to each other at the 7 on 7's. Only difference is Ben has blond hair and Alex has red. Ramon Robinson trains them both and that is how they know each other. Ramon has done a great job with both.

You are correct, my understanding is Alex was held back. He is a straight A student however. That is between he and his family. I have been coaching for awhile now and have never been on a team that there was not at least 1 kid that had been held back. Right now I think we have like 6-7 that have been held back. You go to Laurens, Union and others and you will have even more.

We lose 2 out of the 5 on the line. We will be even better next year on the line.

To say that Batson would be SOOO much better is not a fair judgment. Alex did an amazing job this year. Over 3300 yds and 37 TDS. Broke all the records. We had 2 RB's that both ran for over a 1000 yds. You could say put Daniels RB back there and he would have done SOOO much better. We lost to Spartanburg this past Friday. Austin Scott benefited the last 2 years with his WR's and also throwing to Feaster out of the backfield.

I have attached is highlight film. Notice what Alex is able to do when his AWESOME O line sin't so AWESOME. Notice the Hillcrest, Laurens, Greenwood, Spartanburg games. They got some GREAT athletes.

Just taking up for my player.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3871388/highlights/301573380/v2
First of all of you are Hannas head coach ...or one of the coaches that has bought in with him... You guys have done a phenomenal job!!
Your QB Alex is a great QB and did run well some. How many total running yards this year.???? Right. HE had bill to none need to run. If your QB truly was a freshman... I would have been amazed. No freshman has that arm strength. He was excellent. Robinson trains your QB? I understand he is excellent with many qb S around here. Hanna, Daniel ,Wren, Newberry and many more. The qbs I just mentioned are Robinsons very talented kids and he has many more. So you don't have to stick up for your kid.. I think he is great.

I didn't say Batson would be better than Alex if he had Alexs ( truly a BEAST LINE) line.... I said Alex would NOT have done near as well (as he did )if he had to fight like heck for his life behind his line to survive like the Daniel QB and Wren QB had to do! I watched your QB go through five or six options just standing there looking and then zoomed it to an open receiver. That was awesome and who wouldn't want a offense(QB line and rbs)!

Batson survived real well and Urik survived,thrived. AND won games.(that nobody thought he could lead that team to do.) Let's take the Wren QB who had little to no experience as a QB at all. He looked uncomfortable the first few games. He ended up taking control of that team , leading more and more and when Tate did what he does, tweaked it...that kid ended up being the leading RUSHER in probably all but 2 games..on top of passing many yards each game.(And with That senior RB Ekwer, that is no easy feat!!! )That kid had several games that he threw over 300 and ran over 150. I honestly do not think that yalls QB could have done what wrens QB did with WRens line. Y'all blasted Wren out score wise and y'all were the FAR better team NO question but you know that the Wren kid can put a worrying on a coach. I do not think Alex could have done what the wren kid did in the wren situation. I know Urik is sixteen and looks like he is 6-1? He looks a lot taller than both
Batson and Alex, but he runs like a shorter kid.. But as another Robinson trainee, he should have a good senior year. Robinson spits out some polished Qbs. That is agreed.

Also.....comparing Alex to Batson is not even fair as Batson is a whole year younger ....and as men we know there is a HUGE difference between young gentlemen from 14/15 to 16/17!

I think you will have a beast of a team next year that will not loose many games of ANY! Congrats on this season and good luck for next. I enjoyed watching y'all play ball.

Bird, I am not the head coach but thank you for complementing our team. It has been a long year for all of us especially after our record from a year ago. The coaches and the players have worked our tails off to get better.

We can agree to disagree. I personally think Alex would do just as well as Jay at Wren. They only had 4 tough games. The competition outside of BHP, Daniel, Seneca and Wren is not that good in that league. Jay got better as the season progressed. Against us he missed a lot of open WR's. Our pass D was awful till about game 7. After that the light came on for them. I do not think he would have been as successful as Alex had he played for us. He is just not as accurate. He is bigger than you think. He is in that 6'4" range and a very good athlete. I understand that this is only his 2nd year playing QB. That tells me he will get better. Problem is he is entering his senior year. Time is running out.

Alex's very first varsity game was against Byrnes. Their D line ate up our O line that game for the most part. Alex was sacked 7 times. He still went 16-24 for 283 yds and 3 TDS. We knew right then and there that he was going to be a special player.

I'm a Hanna guy so I will favor my guy. You seem to be a Wren guy so I respect you favoring Jay. They are both great kids and both will be playing on Saturdays. My understanding is Jay already has a couple of small offers. More will probably come. However, I know Alex will have his and in the end that is what it is about.

Good luck to you guys. Tate is a great coach.

Bird, I am not the head coach but thank you for complementing our team. It has been a long year for all of us especially after our record from a year ago. The coaches and the players have worked our tails off to get better.

We can agree to disagree. I personally think Alex would do just as well as Jay at Wren. They only had 4 tough games. The competition outside of BHP, Daniel, Seneca and Wren is not that good in that league. Jay got better as the season progressed. Against us he missed a lot of open WR's. Our pass D was awful till about game 7. After that the light came on for them. I do not think he would have been as successful as Alex had he played for us. He is just not as accurate. He is bigger than you think. He is in that 6'4" range and a very good athlete. I understand that this is only his 2nd year playing QB. That tells me he will get better. Problem is he is entering his senior year. Time is running out.

Alex's very first varsity game was against Byrnes. Their D line ate up our O line that game for the most part. Alex was sacked 7 times. He still went 16-24 for 283 yds and 3 TDS. We knew right then and there that he was going to be a special player.

I'm a Hanna guy so I will favor my guy. You seem to be a Wren guy so I respect you favoring Jay. They are both great kids and both will be playing on Saturdays. My understanding is Jay already has a couple of small offers. More will probably come. However, I know Alex will have his and in the end that is what it is about.

Good luck to you guys. Tate is a great coach.
Lol.... Thinking about the game when wren played y'all....I'm laughing cause I remember just that... Saying to Urich (in my head) throw the BALL!lol. And Ithink that was the first time Urik had heat coming like that in his entire carreer..and your pass rushing was much better than you think it was at that time. He simply didn't have the time on MOST of his throws but he did get antsy and looked like he wasn't able to SEE the field. Is that just s new QB issue? I am assuming Alex and Bateson and MOST of the other qb around have been taking snaps since 3rd grade. I think Urick has almost caught up with them in a year.. Holy cow...If Urickhad been under center a few more years he would be hard to beat. He is doing all this without being held back a grade and being
ANd as far as our conference he took us to the second round and if you heard the talk.. Wren could have easily won the second round. I don't know about any of the QB offers and that situation. You are correct Ivthink all three will play ball in college for free. I always appreciate a man who can agree to disagree without getting stuck and cruel. Look back on the threads here and see what was said about wrens QB last summer.. Urik took off and showed all the nay Sayers that they were WRONG! I Think wren QB recruiting is about to explode....Alex is an excellent QB without exception And it matters not what he would do with Daniels line or wrens line. He is Hamas QB and y'all will do well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT