ADVERTISEMENT

Wren QB

red raider alum

Varsity All American
May 22, 2002
Good to see Wren recruited a new QB. Kid from Blue Ridge? 6 foot 5? Really? But there is no recruiting right?

If you want to stay good there is so called recruiting going on. Pretty sure the kids show the interest first as they think another situation would help them. Not unlike the salad days of Greenville football, when Jordan Sorrells who was supposed to go to Wade Hampton, ended up at Greenville. Or when Matt Lentz, who was supposed to go to Mauldin, ended up at Greenville. It happens all the time. Presonally, I don't care. But if a coach makes his program more attractive to others, he has done his job.

Reactions: birdcol
Good reply Midline...Wren didn't recruit Jay Urich, Jay saw a better situation @ Wren where kids work their butt off year round. I'm happy for him & his family. Jay was @ the Wren playoff game against Emerald...don't hate on a kid for wanting a better situation. Gville is the last school to talk of recruiting!!!

Wont matter how well Wren recruits they never WIN! Karma really SUCKS!
jay better get used to disappointment! Where was he Blue Ridge? Oh he was a BACK UP there! Great recruiting!

I'm glad there is still some schools that don't have to recruit in western 3a. Wren is gonna be terrible and of course their d is still gonna be atrocious like always

Reactions: red raider alum
Sounds like Red Raider Alum is just a little upset cause someone beat them to the punch . Great move by Wren . By the way Wren will never win . When Has Greenville ever won . Oh Yea back when my Dad played when Slick Moore wasThe Head Coach . Wren much better place to be than some Greenville County School .

Sounds like Red Raider Alum is just a little upset cause someone beat them to the punch . Great move by Wren . By the way Wren will never win . When Has Greenville ever won . Oh Yea back when my Dad played when Slick Moore wasThe Head Coach . Wren much better place to be than some Greenville County School .

Haha red raider I was thinking the same. Anyone who goes back and watches film on wren will see how bad they were. When Kelly Bryant scrambled all the time and ran around til a wr got open bc his oline SUCKED I hope this new qb that got recruited in can run cause he will need it. Don't matter how good you are you have to run at qb behind that offense line. And once again they need to recruit on defense bc they are atrocious. I believe they finish 4 maybe 5 in the conference

Good reply Midline...Wren didn't recruit Jay Urich, Jay saw a better situation @ Wren where kids work their butt off year round. I'm happy for him & his family. Jay was @ the Wren playoff game against Emerald...don't hate on a kid for wanting a better situation. Gville is the last school to talk of recruiting!!!
Excellent point, Lion 87. As long as that QBs family is living in the Wren area, it's NOT recruiting. They can move where ever they choose to move based on what is best for their child academically or athletically. Not all families have an extra 300 grand in the bank

Excellent point, Lion 87. As long as that QBs family is living in the Wren area, it's NOT recruiting. They can move where ever they choose to move based on what is best for their child academically or athletically. Not all families have an extra 300 grand in the bank!
Haha red raider I was thinking the same. Anyone who goes back and watches film on wren will see how bad they were. When Kelly Bryant scrambled all the time and ran around til a wr got open bc his oline SUCKED I hope this new qb that got recruited in can run cause he will need it. Don't matter how good you are you have to run at qb behind that offense line. And once again they need to recruit on defense bc they are atrocious. I believe they finish 4 maybe 5 in the conference

Four or Five in the conference, huh? You missed that prediction BIG TIME! Agreed Wren is going to need Urich to run and run ALOT, but he can do it..at least he did it on his HUDL film when he STARTED as a sophomore (red raider). I haven't had the pleasure to see this young man play in person, and I think you would agree with me if you watch that film. I read that Urich had never taken a snap at QB until his sophomore year when he was starting QB at BRHS...if that is true...WATCH OUT. He is going to be phenomenal. Watch and see.

He may get broke in half. As long as Ramone recruits- Wren will have a QB, no defense and lose in the first or at best 2nd round. But hey- if that makes you happy go for it.

Sure is a lot of butt hurt going around for a team that can't win. Maybe they just suck a little less than red raider's favorite team.

Red raider ur so correct as long as he works with qbs he will try and send them to wren. Will lose first round of playoffs if they make it. Can have the best qb but when ur d sucks look what happens. Especially if you play a team with speed. What happen with emerald. But they shouldn't have been number 1 anyways should have lost to Daniel and everyone on wren staff knows it.

Mechanically, there is a lot to work on with a lot of those QBs. I'm not sure what the training they are getting is focused on.

I can't count the number of quarterbacks with padded stats with no offers. I've seen four year starters with 10K yards end their senior year with no offers. I know that WE produce results at QB1; Last year we had eight of our guys playing Division I football. We've had four Golden Gun winners at Elite 11, one top five national finish at Elite 11, and this year alone have had ten of our guys get invitation to the Elite 11 Regional.

1681907.jpg

He may get broke in half. As long as Ramone recruits- Wren will have a QB, no defense and lose in the first or at best 2nd round. But hey- if that makes you happy go for it.
I see your point on the O Line and the sub parr defense ....Do you know more than we do on this Ramoin guy and tell me why you are really so down on that qb? Or is it Wren and their coach Ramoin? What am I missing?

Red raider ur so correct as long as he works with qbs he will try and send them to wren. Will lose first round of playoffs if they make it. Can have the best qb but when ur d sucks look what happens. Especially if you play a team with speed. What happen with emerald. But they shouldn't have been number 1 anyways should have lost to Daniel and everyone on wren staff knows it.
You can win some games with a great QB and no D....but it has GOT to get old as a QB having to score over 64 points to win a game by 6! Defense is Critical! Wrens coaches should know that!

You can win some games with a great QB and no D....but it has GOT to get old as a QB having to score over 64 points to win a game by 6! Defense is Critical! Wrens coaches should know that!
What about Seneca? That was a very close game too??

So you are saying last transfer qb Kelly Bryant was not a winner? And you are saying g this Urich kid is no good also? I beg to differ on the forst one and I'm a betting man in the latter!
I don't think he was talking about the QB's. Bryant was an athlete, no doubt. difference maker and we saw what happened when he wasn't in the game.

Kelly Bryant was GREAT- the circumstances that Wren gets these QB's is very SKETCHY at BEST.
As far as Ramone- I agree with JB- he does this right with QB1 Performance- Ramone is all about the money! So keep sending kids to different high schools. I guess the new way is to go cut throat.

Did you see Kelly Bryant when he got pressure on him he ran 20 yards back instead of stepping up in the pocket. Please name another qb. Everyone knew Kelly Bryant was an athlete and had an arm before ramone got him. So please name a couple others and JB can you name some too.

Once again, I did some research, and have learned again in my 50s not to believe everything I read! Red Raider has SOME good points, but he Posts INCORRECT information in the little details, so it's obvious that his posts are way more emotional and subjective than objective. I checked out Ramon and the kids he trains as far as documented info. I habe spoken directly with TWO different parents of his trainees, and here is what I have learmed. First, The goal for kids when they train at a high level with Ramon is to GET A SCHOLARSHIP to go to college! Anybody can say anything about an athlete. But the thing that matters most is COLLEGE OFFERS that lead to free college education!! NOT HOW many stars they earn, NOT how many articles they have written, NOT what rank they have, and to be honest. NOT EVEN how many yards they threw or ran in their last season!! Ramon trains these kids for the KIDS! OK, names....from what I can see (and have heard from parents of trainees),he has a 2017 QB (Urich) with already TWO DIV 1 OFFERS. He has many 2016 QBs with offers (Isreal,Werts, Kelly from Ga, Scott, and more)and many more 2015 qbs on their way to a free college carreer! He put on his FIRST combine showcase a few weeks ago, and it has been said that it was more organized than many combines that have been around many years ! I have counted more that 5 offers that came to kids AFTER his showcase, and 3 of them were not even trained by Ramon. And I'll tell ya something that I know for a FACT ! College coaches don't throw out offers to kids because they are trained by Ramon, JB, or my great grandmother! They take the kids who are most ready to fit into their school! Ramon trains those kids and those kids produce! They earn OFFERS-Period! I spoke to a mother of one of his trainees and she said that it's more often than not that she sees 2nd 3rd and 4th graders out there training, not to mention middle school kids! She said that He trains big tall qbs and short qbs, and gives them all 100 percent Every time they step on the field. She has seen Ramon running in the cold rain in December catching balls for his qbs for hours at a time! Let's all stop putting this man down and be PROUD that he can help these kids work hard perfect their skills! This is about the KIDS... The bashing and jealousy helps nobody, and it looks bad!
JB..I also looked into your trainees and you have done an excellent job as well. I didn't bring you up in this as nobody was bashing you.

I don't know this for sure, but that Urich kid had never played QB before his Sophomore year. He worked hard with Ramon for a year and has TWO DIV 1 offers before he has even played his second year as a QB...Now if that kid had never played qb before, you tell me that's not good training? Holy COW!

He is not a recruiter, Wren sells itself. The academic programs at Wren are second to none and they run an exciting offense that qbs love. Kelly went from an A-bone to a spread offense. Who would stay in that type of system if you wanted to be considered as top level qb prospect? No one with good sense! Urich's family decided on their own to move. Ramone has no allegiances to any school. Ramone does not tell kids where to go, the kids and families of the kids go where they feel they can get a better opportunity to grow and excel.

I don't know Ramone and have never met him; couldn't tell you a thing about him. I doubt very seriously, though, that he is "recruiting" for a school as that would be suicide for his training career.

If he's helping kids, more power to him.

In response to Blue or whoever you are, your earlier post was i reference to QB1 Training Camps. If you have ANY doubt about the quarterback "training" you are welcome to come to our facility and watch our one one one or small group training sessions. I will guarantee no one out there is doing what we do in terms of high speed video analysts, Biomechanical analysts by PhD staff, Vertimax workouts specifically for the position, in addition to our QB training system protocol. And NO ONE is doing InBody analysis of the athletes. Visit anytime you'd like.

I think it's more that Wren makes an easy target than it is recruiting. Good school, good location, & exciting offense that puts up big numbers. Couple that with a student body that has very little interest in playing football and you've got a perfect situation for kids like Kelly and Ulrich to walk in and play. We don't have the numbers or depth that other schools have.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT