ADVERTISEMENT

Your Higher Ground Thought Ffor Tuesday MAY

bsimpsonhg

Rookie
Oct 4, 2011
Sign up FREE online to receive these Thought For Tuesday items each week, along with approximately 8000 other people. Always short, quick reads. We do not share or sell lists at any time.

HIGHER GROUND
A Thought For Tuesday
Bobby Simpson May 10, 2016 Copyright Higher Ground 2016

In 2004, when I started back teaching high school, I asked a teacher who had once been a student of mine in the early 1970’s, “What happened?” Being out of education for over thirty years, I noticed a huge drop in the average work ethic. Some students were excellent, but the percentage with poor work ethic had risen sharply. Twelve years later, poor work ethic sadly appears to continue to decline. If you are an athlete, another student, a worker, or any other human on planet Earth, please, please ignore the common advice of, “Don’t work too hard,” or “Take it easy, man.” Alone, hard work will not make you successful on or off the field, but, without hard work, your chances for true success are minimal. Wherever you are, understand that hard work will let you beat many people at whatever you do. To do even better, work smart, employ deliberate practice, and stay part of the remnant that is still willing to consistently work hard.

How long will you slumber, O sluggard? When will you rise from your sleep? Proverbs 6:9 NKJV

PLEASE REGISTER NOW: College Prep SELECT CAMP (June 19-24: 13 & older before 2017; resident or commuter campers) and FUTURES Day Camp (June 21-23: 10, 11, or 12 during 2016). Both camps are in Columbus, GA (venue of 1996 Olympic Softball). Staff includes leading hitter for 1996 USA Olympic Gold Medal Team, member of 2004 Greek Olympic Team, and college coaches. Celebrate the twentieth anniversary year of the 1996 Olympics and get exceptional instruction. You may arrive late and/or leave early. Our TEAM CAMP is in Pooler/Savannah, GA on July 18-20. Customized Clinics are available at your site at dates of your choosing. Check Camp & Clinics section online. SOFTBALL MAGAZINE: Latest edition and archived instructional material are now available at www.softballmag.com. Check it out today.

BOBBY SIMPSON
www.highergroundsoftball.com
bsimpson@friendlycity.net
229-392-4048

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT