ADVERTISEMENT

2017 Football Openings

The State article said he was an Asst at Kettle Run, Virginia and ran the local Boys and Girls club.

Why do you say that? Rimph is a former NFL player.
So what if he was an NFL player it doesn't mean nothing....being a coach is more than just playing DI, II, III, NAIA or in the League....just because you played doesn't mean you are going to be a good Coach....

Reactions: DBGuru5
Rimpf has been trying to get into SC for several years now. Its a sound hire, but I have to believe that there were applicant from SC that were more qualified.

As far as NC, they may as well make an outside-the-box hire. They've never been very good, despite having a good number of athletes.

Rimpf has been trying to get into SC for several years now. Its a sound hire, but I have to believe that there were applicant from SC that were more qualified.

As far as NC, they may as well make an outside-the-box hire. They've never been very good, despite having a good number of athletes.

Not quite in the same bowl of chili, but hiring a Boys & Girls Club director kinda fits in the realm of last year's Walhalla hire.

Harry Cabaniss named coach at Mauldin High.

Another Greenville County hire that is...so Greenville County. I can understand a A or AA school hiring a guy that is 28, but 5A? There had to be more qualified applicants.

Price from NC won three titles in a row....announced his retirement yesterday. SC won't find a better person or coach.

Why do you say that? Rimph is a former NFL player.

A lot of coaches I know are screwed if playing in the NFL is going to be a prerequisite to becoming a head coach in high school football.

Not quite in the same bowl of chili, but hiring a Boys & Girls Club director kinda fits in the realm of last year's Walhalla hire.

From what I heard this was a done deal before the job got posted.

There were. I know Barnes from Sumter and the OC at South Pointe were in the final four. What I've heard is the Superintendent wants to be able to say that he has hired three former NFL players as head coaches in his district. Makes him look good.

A lot of coaches I know are screwed if playing in the NFL is going to be a prerequisite to becoming a head coach in high school football.

From what I heard this was a done deal before the job got posted.

There were. I know Barnes from Sumter and the OC at South Pointe were in the final four. What I've heard is the Superintendent wants to be able to say that he has hired three former NFL players as head coaches in his district. Makes him look good.

Unbelievable!!!!

Sad. Experience playing in the NFL is zero guarantee one can coach. And quite often the opposite. Have seen it first hand where a truly great player couldn't coach a lick. Too bad that many worthy assistants that have paid their dues for many years get shut out by an administrator who thinks something like this makes him look good.

I think I have read maybe one or two positive comments on this entire thread. Lots of negative ones though. Admittedly it is none of my business, I just read out of curiosity, but life must miserable for some of you guys.

Sad. Experience playing in the NFL is zero guarantee one can coach. And quite often the opposite. Have seen it first hand where a truly great player couldn't coach a lick. Too bad that many worthy assistants that have paid their dues for many years get shut out by an administrator who thinks something like this makes him look good.

This should be put on a memo & be sent to every school district in the state.

this is a columbia school...what is it like?

LOL!

What is the time line on some of these open jobs? I saw that Joey Price from NC is looking in SC. He is a very good coach. When are interviews going to be held at Waccamaw and St. James. Could a seasoned veteran like Price win at those schools?

What is the time line on some of these open jobs? I saw that Joey Price from NC is looking in SC. He is a very good coach. When are interviews going to be held at Waccamaw and St. James. Could a seasoned veteran like Price win at those schools?

maybe 3-4 games a year at best

What is going on at some of these places? Taking a long time at Lexington. Aiken hasn't even officially posted the job and he resigned before Christmas!

I think I have read maybe one or two positive comments on this entire thread. Lots of negative ones though. Admittedly it is none of my business, I just read out of curiosity, but life must miserable for some of you guys.

I agree.....

... but it IS a message board.... and these places tend to be hyper-critical places full of know-it-alls and ticked-off parents. And maybe a few disgruntled coaches....

...fun ain't it?

:D

I heard RNE hired their guy, then fired a day later after he Tweeted some players about getting ready for football. Anyone else hear anything like that?

I heard RNE hired their guy, then fired a day later after he Tweeted some players about getting ready for football. Anyone else hear anything like that?

I haven't heard anything about from my folks in the Midlands...

:eek:

ADVERTISEMENT