ADVERTISEMENT

BHP/Seneca

Mar 7, 2013
Seneca wins 3-1 in tight game. Sydney Smith pitched out of 2 bases loaded jams. Zoe Wade went Yard to help the Seneca effort. Cats back in first place but tough games ahead. AAA-1 sure is a tough region, lots of very good teams.

Any idea of how this region is looking overall with respect to standings right now?

I know Seneca, BHP, and Wren were all close at the start of the week.

What about that last spot? Palmetto?

Seneca is in first and BHP, Wren, and West Oak are all in a 3 way tie for 2nd. Palmetto is in 5th and barring a miraculous comeback is on the outside looking in for playoffs. We dug our own hole and need to win out to have a shot. Tough to win out in this region where anybody can beat anybody on any given night.

That is a really tough region but it is shocking that Palmetto is struggling like that. Some really good players on that team and honestly to this point in the season the most overall talented team we have played.

Big game tonight for Palmetto at Seneca. WO has some liabilities and can be beat, not sure I would give up yet if I were Palmetto.

Vasago - Palmetto has the same issues we've had in previous....anyone that has seen us play understands.

going into break-

1 Seneca 9-2
2Wren 9-3
3 BHP 8-3
4 West-Oak 7-4
5Palmetto 3-7
6 Emerald 2-7
7 Walhalla 2-8
8-Daniel 2-8

If my math is correct Seneca Wren and BHP have clinched play-off spots.

Since Region 1 and 2 pair up the first round of the play-offs this is how region 2 looks-

1. Blue Ridge 11-1
2. Greer 8-2
3. Pickens 8-3
4. Berea 8-4

Berea has secured 4th spot. Pickens has secured no lower than 3rd and it would take some things to happen to get the 2. The one seed will most likely be decided when Blue Ridge plays at Greer the last night of the season.

If the season were to end today the match ups would be:

Berea at Seneca
Pickens at Wren
BHP at Greer
West-Oak at Blue Ridge

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT