ADVERTISEMENT

Class of 2014

As of Friday morning, Rock Hill's Warren Vinson and Gracie Barnes will play college sports.
Vinson signed to play basketball next season at Spartanburg Methodist College...
Vinson, a 5-foot-11 guard, opted for Spartanburg Methodist to get bigger, better and attract more exposure. The All-Region selection qualified academically for NCAA but didn't receive the kind of offers he was seeking.
He hit 55 3-pointers last season for the Bearcats, while averaging close to 20 points per game.

Warren Vinson to SMC

The leading scorer for last year's Green Wave basketball team will play for USC-Salkehatchie College this school year.
Summerville High School graduate John Jenkins, on Thursday, signed with the Indians Men's Basketball team. Jenkins, who finished his Green Wave career as an All-state player and with 1,041 points, said he is relieved to finally know where he will start college.
Jenkins was the 2013-14 Region 8-AAAA Player
of the Year and participated in the North-South All-star Game. As a
senior, he averaged 20.2 points per game and was a 67 percent free throw
shooter. The guard had 54 assists and 89 rebounds. In all, Jenkins was
part of three region championship teams.

John Jenkins to USC Salkehatchie

Christian Kalacanic has the grades to go to the college of his choice, so he chose one where he can play ball.
On Aug. 14, Kalacanic signed with the USC-Salkehatchie College Men's Basketball team.
"It feels great," the Summerville High School honors graduate said after signing his letter of intent. "I can finally tell people where I'm going to go to pursue a career.
I'm excited and grateful. I could have went to Clemson on a full
(academic) ride but I just love the game so much that I had to go
somewhere and play."
He helped the Green Wave to two region titles and 40 victories. As a senior he averaged 11.6 points and 8.7 rebounds per game.

Christian Kalacanic to USC Salkehatchie

so...Seneca has three guys who are going on to play college basketball, and isn't the Barmore kid still there? And they get bounced in the first round of the playoffs?

Clover High School basketball standout Alex Thompson has signed a national letter of intent to play for the Belmont Abbey College team in Belmont (NC).Thompson, one of the premier players in Region 3-AAAA during his Blue Eagle career at CHS, showcased his skills to Belmont Abbey coaches on several occasions

Alex Thompson to Belmont Abbey

Francis Marion University men's basketball head coach Gary Edwards has announced four additions to his squad for the 2014-15 campaign: freshman 6-6 forward Judah Alexander of Mount Vernon, N.Y., junior 6-4 forward David Jerome of Kissimmee, Fla.

Jackson comes to Francis Marion from Believe Prep School
in Rock Hill, where he played for coach Tyson Waterman. This past
year, he averaged 15 points, four rebounds, and three assists per
contest while leading the squad in three-point shooting.

Jackson graduated from Westminster Catawba Christian School, also in
Rock Hill, where he played for coach Frank Hamrick. As a senior, he
tallied 21 points, 11 rebounds, and five blocked shots per game, while
earning MAC All-Conference honors, Charlotte Observer second-team All-Conference recognition, and WCCS team MVP honors.

His first three years of high school, Jackson attended Nation Ford High School.

AJ Jackson to Francis Marion

Indian Land High School senior basketball player Leander McCall IV made Warriors' hoops history Friday, May 2 in the ILHS media center. McCall, with his signing with the Wingate University Bulldogs, became the first IL boys basketball player to sign with a NCAA school, according to ILHS school and athletic officials.

Wingate, a NCAA Div. II school located in Union County, N.C., competes in the South Atlantic Conference.
McCall, who has a 3.6 grade point average, said he plans to major in biology.

On the court, the 6-8 performer averaged 10.8 points and 12.3 rebounds a
game for the back-to-back unbeaten Region IV-AA champion Warriors.

Leander McCall to Wingate

Wingate University head men's basketball coach Brian Good has announced the signing of six student-athletes to join the Wingate basketball team in the fall of 2014. The six players are Leander McCall IV (Indian Land, S.C.), Devarious Christian (Charlotte, N.C.), Moneico Robinson (Easley, S.C.), Anthanee Doyle (Holly Springs, N.C.), Kerigan Farley (Hickory, N.C.) and Herbert Harrison (Marietta, Ga.).
Moneico Robinson averaged 15 points and seven rebounds per game during
his senior season at Easley High School, adding two blocked shots per
contest.

Moneico Robinson to Wingate

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT