ADVERTISEMENT

Gaffney / Boiling Springs fight

TheDukeofGaffney

Varsity All American
Mar 10, 2007
There was a second quarter benches clearing brawl that resulted in both benches getting ejected, Gaffney also had a starter ejected for pushing a Boiling Springs player. At the time of the altercation Boiling Springs had an 8 point lead that eventually grew to 15 at the Half and BS finished the game with a 5 on 4 advantage. That advantage eventually grew to 5 on 3 as the game went into Overtime. Gaffney somehow won the game 83-81, I have never seen anything like it and wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes. It will be interesting to see what punishment the SCHSL hands out when they review the tape.

This post was edited on 1/25 3:31 AM by TheDukeofGaffney

Goupstate.com has a photo gallery of the brawl. From looking at the pics, I,m not sure how certain players were allowed to remain in the game.

Wow. That's Gaffney for you. They didn't get that reputation for nothing. If it had been a team like Dorman, Spartanburg, or Byrnes they wouldn't have won shorthanded. And it's really funny how the fans felt they had to run on the court and get involved. Their mommies and daddies didn't teach them how to act obviously. A bunch of wannabe gangsta thugs trying to be all tough. It's a good thing nobody in that place had a gun or this might have been national news.
This post was edited on 1/25 1:40 PM by Bandit 5160

BS started the whole thing. They were mouthing off from warmups and then their player pushed Foster and that was when it was on. Peak got football tackled by a player off the BS bench. That kid should be thrown out of the league. As usual the refs were clueless. BS was only a couple of fouls short of the double bonus in the first quarter.

An SHJ reporter tweeted he thought a brawl was about to break out in the BS / Dorman game on Tuesday. That let's you know who the instigators were.

This post was edited on 1/25 5:33 PM by TheDukeofGaffney

Just saw video. That kid didn't push foster they were face to face jawing and mullinax actually pushed that kid. And lj took Daniel Thompson down by the damn neck right before that happened.

Yeah but you have to see the entire game. Lay the blame on this one at the feet of the 3 blind idiots who let kids get mugged and let jump balls turn into rugby scrums from the opening tip! Will be ugly when the HSL gets the video on monday. Hope they take a long look at the 3 striped idiots who let it progress to that point.

You're clueless as usual KG. Peak was trying to stay out of it and got bull rushed by a bench player. The refs led the bulldog players talk trash from then start. They could have stopped this from the start and didn't. This is the first fight at a Gaffney sporting event since the Lancaster thugs started a fight in the hall after one of our usual beatings to them.

BS done the same crap against doorman but different refs that night took care if it

Seeing the 3 blind mice that officiated that game not suprising this happened. They cant keep control of a girls game much less of a boys game.

For the record:
1. Lancaster and Gaffney never got into a fight. (that little "spat" in that back hallway was weak)
2. Lancaster won that game and actually swept Gaffney that year.
3. You dont get 2 game suspension for "trying to stay out of it" and you dont get bull rushed for nothing. (BTW me and LJ speak/talk whenever we see each other, so nothing against him- just facts).

no need... just move on
This post was edited on 1/28 9:09 AM by KG (Lan)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT