ADVERTISEMENT

JB... Summerville Job

That job was posted and have been interviewing, but have not seen an announcement... Any Insight?
The longer it drags on, the more I think Joe will get it despite not being qualified by the posted required qualification of 5 years exp as head coach.

Theoretically... could someone sue Dorchester School District if they do indeed hire Joe McCall outside the posted job requirements?

Now THAT would be worth a tv show down there... a heck of a lot better than following that washed up politician and his family.

:p

Last edited:
The longer it drags on, the more I think Joe will get it despite not being qualified by the posted required qualification of 5 years exp as head coach.

Joe is though... it says 5 years head coach... not 5 years head FOOTBALL coach... Joe was a head track coach for more than 5 years :)

Theoretically... could someone sue Dorchester School District if they do indeed higher Joe McCall outside the posted job requirements?

Now THAT would be worth a tv show down there... a heck of a lot better than following that washed up politician and his family.

You'd probably have to talk to one of the HIGHER ups about who they decide to HIRE.

TALKED TO GRANDPA, LITTLE JOE IS BACK, WILL BE ANNOUNCED BY SPRING GAME, TAKE THAT ALL YOU LITTLE JOE HATERS.

READ MY LIPS, I RAN INTO BIG JOHN IN SCUMMERVILLE AND JOE WILL BE BACK. THATS A SURE THING.

THERE ARE MORE FOOTBALL PLAYERS LEAVING SCUMMERVILLE HEADING TO THE FORT AND THE RIDGE THAN MEXICANS COMING ACROSS THE BORDER, THE ACROSS THE BORDERS FIXER, BIG JOHN IS GONE.

JB, maybe you can confirm this...I was told Scott Earley interviewed with Summerville. Not sure if he was offered the job, but I was told that he told them the only way he would take the job was if he could clean house. He was told that was not going to happen. If this is true, no one on their right mind will take that job, paving the way for Joe Call to remain the coach. Until they clean house,Summerville will be an average to above average program. They're never going to to be terrible for the long-term because of numbers, but they will never be what they should until new ways of doing things are brought in.

Last edited:
If they want to WIN- Summerville better call him back and BEG him to come and clean house. He is a WINNER!!!!

JB, maybe you can confirm this...I was told Scott Earley interviewed with Summerville. Not sure if he was offered the job, but I was told that he told them the only way he would take the job was if he could clean house. He was told that was not going to happen. If this is true, no one on their right mind will take that job, paving the way for Joe Call to remain the coach. Until they clean house,Summerville will be an average to above average program. Their never going to to be terrible for the long-term because of numbers, but they will never be what they should until new ways of doing things are brought in.

Agreed. Joe call is the coach again and the same assistants will be back as well. They will not add anyone else even though they should. Good Ole Boy politics. Once they get players again they will be fine but no where near like they were under Big John. Too many schools now splitting their talent base.

Agreed. Joe call is the coach again and the same assistants will be back as well. They will not add anyone else even though they should. Good Ole Boy politics. Once they get players again they will be fine but no where near like they were under Big John. Too many schools now splitting their talent base.

Um... sort of... Fort D is winning BIG with that same "split" talent base...

o_O

The 'Ville has GOT to to stop living on the 70's and 80's.... or they will start losing by 70 and 80.

:eek:

Laprad hired some very good coaches that blended well with his existing staff. In doing so, he decided to get away from the good ole politics (holding onto the 70's and 80's AND those who played and coached it) the result for Fort was a state championship this year and possibly more. If the Ville decides to hang onto their little fraternity among their staff then the result will be many more 4 to 5 win seasons.

Reactions: ammonsw
Summerville has not interviewed ANY coaches as of yet. Those interviews take place this week. Not sure where Joe Call is in the mix, but I can tell you no interviews have happened. Anything you hear are just rumors. Summerville has done a good job of keeping things close to the vest during this process.

Rookie? You have been calling me a youngin and a rookie for the last 6 or 7 years! Don't make me get Cruze's Wife to send you another letter.... maybe name you in his lawsuit! :D:D:D:D

Slick is 100% correct about Summerville. The fix has been in for some time. Do you really think they would get rid of McKissick's grandson? Big John put Summerville on the map and people have moved there for their kids to play for him. He built the town. Call is a good guy and will be a good head coach if he can pull in some good coaches around him. If not, they will continue winning 4 to 6 games per year.

BLUE BOY, THIS KID STILL BELIEVES IN SANTA CLAUSE AND THE TOOTH FAIRY

I never said the fix wasn't in, I said there had been no interviews yet, which is the truth. I also think Call will be a good head coach, but I do think he has to change a lot of the staff. Slick just likes to cause trouble lol. Instead of worrying about Call, why don't you try and figure out a way not to give up 70 to The Wave next time they come to town!o_O

DANG....

lol

*notice my all-caps tribute to those folks so old they have to type in ALL CAPS to see*

Agreed. Joe call is the coach again and the same assistants will be back as well. They will not add anyone else even though they should. Good Ole Boy politics. Once they get players again they will be fine but no where near like they were under Big John.
They are not going to get players like they did in the heyday of McKissick when they were winning big games. Fort Dorchester and Ashley Ridge are the schools that are excelling in all sports, not just football. They will have to get a big time coach at Summerville to revive the program, which will take a number of years. Retain Joe Call , et.al. and conditions will remain the same or deterioriate more in coming years.

JB, maybe you can confirm this...I was told Scott Earley interviewed with Summerville. Not sure if he was offered the job, but I was told that he told them the only way he would take the job was if he could clean house. He was told that was not going to happen. If this is true, no one on their right mind will take that job, paving the way for Joe Call to remain the coach. Until they clean house,Summerville will be an average to above average program. They're never going to to be terrible for the long-term because of numbers, but they will never be what they should until new ways of doing things are brought in.
Scott did NOT interview

Slick is 100% correct about Summerville. The fix has been in for some time. Do you really think they would get rid of McKissick's grandson? Big John put Summerville on the map and people have moved there for their kids to play for him. He built the town. Call is a good guy and will be a good head coach if he can pull in some good coaches around him. If not, they will continue winning 4 to 6 games per year.
If they continue to lose fans and players, it may become economically necessary to change their philosophy about nepotism.

READ THIS GREENWAVE ON ANOTHER SITE, HE NAILED IT:

That and everyone realized the money didn't match the program without the AD job. You can go to Berkeley High and make double the coaching salary of Summerville. Too many issues with the whole program. Anyone with any brains didn't want this job. Too many people with opinions and ties run the great Ville that the head coach is just a puppet. Plus who wants to go to a program where the District and principal ran off the last coach who was a legend in the state. Also heard people within the district were telling applicants not to apply because they were wasting their time. It's Call's to have with the principal controlling the reins. I keep hearing he (principal) is the next Superintendent. If he is he better stop allowing athletes in Summerville attendance area to attend the Fort and Ridge. AR Head Coach and Fort Head Coach are laughing right now at the Summerville situation.
GreenandGoldWave
Summerville Green Wave

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT