ADVERTISEMENT

JB... Summerville Job

So Doc what you are saying is your glad Duncan didn't end up coming to the Wave as a QB huh...Especially after two or three years of trying to get him there...Guess his "Good games" wouldn't have been good enough for the Wave...Guess 3-9 is way better...lol
As for how many offers or Division 1 offers I don't know that answer but I believe he had multiple Division 1 and 1-AA offers...From what I looked up he had a good many and from Talking to some Ashley Ridge people Duncan even turned down USC when pressured about a decision for Western Kentucky. To answer your question about how many division 1 schools recruited him...Well the right answer is ONE since that is where he signed..But hey I guess the QB in Spartanburg that set all kind of records and won a state title who only had 1-AA offers wasn't any good either in your opinion huh and that kid was considered one of the top QB's...Again I call sour grapes or maybe Jealous not sure.

I admit I have heard things about Duncan and posted them on here but one thing I never questioned or even said was he wasn't a good QB.

Isn't this thread about Summerville?

Get out of here with that common sense approah, young man.

What the heck? You think you're so smart because you can stay on topic when most of these knit-wits just flop and flounder aorund on any thread they feel like?

o_O

Must be a college graduate or something. Bet you're a Donald Trump support, too...

:D

(sitting back to watch politics take over this thread - :cool:)

So Doc what you are saying is your glad Duncan didn't end up coming to the Wave as a QB huh...Especially after two or three years of trying to get him there...Guess his "Good games" wouldn't have been good enough for the Wave...Guess 3-9 is way better...lol
As for how many offers or Division 1 offers I don't know that answer but I believe he had multiple Division 1 and 1-AA offers...From what I looked up he had a good many and from Talking to some Ashley Ridge people Duncan even turned down USC when pressured about a decision for Western Kentucky. To answer your question about how many division 1 schools recruited him...Well the right answer is ONE since that is where he signed..But hey I guess the QB in Spartanburg that set all kind of records and won a state title who only had 1-AA offers wasn't any good either in your opinion huh and that kid was considered one of the top QB's...Again I call sour grapes or maybe Jealous not sure.

I admit I have heard things about Duncan and posted them on here but one thing I never questioned or even said was he wasn't a good QB.
I couldn't have cared less where Duncan went to HS. I didn't even h ear of him until I read about him in the news. It appears you are looking for something confrontational. If so, bark up another tree, I'm not concerned with Duncan or anyone else in HS football.

He had some good games, but how many Div. 1 schools recruited him? No, I don't have an issue, just stating what I saw in my limited observance of him. I wish Mr. Duncan the best of success.
Western Kentucky is Div 1 and finished in the Top 25. Their QB is one of the top 5 QB'S on the NFL draft board and they were one of the best offenses in the country. He turned down SC, and he has a ton of potential. I wish him nothing but good fortune.

Last edited:
How would you say that the football job was given without competition when they have interviewed 7 or 8 guys for the job? I almost hope they decide to give the job to someone other than Joe Call, just so I can see the reaction. I think either way people will be unhappy. I am of the opinion that if Joe Call will do the best job, than they should hire him, regardless of pressure from the outside or within!
Most likely a token gesture to present the appearance that the search was valid. I think that Call was already selected prior to the interviews. It would be an affront to knowledgeable people that there was not one coach interviewed that had a better resumé than Call. This was planned years ago when Call was the QB. Before Call came onto the scene, John McKissick would run the ball every play, even if the runner wasn't gaining a yard. But, onto the scene, comes Call, and everything changed because Grandpappy knew Call would not be selected as a QB if he didn't pass. Voila!, upon graduation, to the Cid' goes Call and the stage was set. I don't like the move, but I haven't any say other than to not renew my lifetime reserved seats (which I may unless something improves). Hey guys, there are two other schools to back, and more on the way, so this move may or may not prove beneficial.

GREEN SLIME DOC, ME THINKS YOU ARE AS FULL OF CHIT AS THE OTHER GREEN CHEATERS, KEEP YOUR SEAT AND PAY THEM LIARS

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT