BallCoach17

Varsity All American
Nov 20, 2007
Confirmed:

Goose Creek
CA Johnson
Darlington- John Jones, Former HC at Sumter
Andrew Jackson
Chester- Victor Floyd, Former HC at Brunswick (GA)
Lugoff-Elgin- Matt Campbell, Former VMI Assistant
Clinton- Andrew Webb, On Staff Promotion
Pickens-John Boggs, On Staff Promotion
South Aiken- Chris Hamilton, Former Lexington Assistant
Ridge View- Perry Parks, Former HC at Lakewood
Easley
Wade Hampton- Mark Klatt, On Staff Promotion
Eastside- Steve Wilson, Former Furman DC
Eau Claire
Lakewood- Brian Jackson, Former Crestwood AD
Sumter
Spring Valley- Robin Bacon, On Staff Interim
Fox Creek
East Clarendon
Calhoun Falls

This post was edited on 11/26 3:55 PM by BallCoach17

This post was edited on 12/1 1:49 PM by BallCoach17

This post was edited on 12/1 1:49 PM by BallCoach17

This post was edited on 12/1 2:09 PM by BallCoach17

This post was edited on 12/8 3:04 PM by BallCoach17

This post was edited on 12/16 12:19 PM by BallCoach17

This post was edited on 12/17 11:01 AM by BallCoach17

This post was edited on 1/7 12:18 PM by BallCoach17

This post was edited on 1/12 1:52 PM by BallCoach17

This post was edited on 1/13 3:51 PM by BallCoach17

This post was edited on 1/14 6:50 AM by BallCoach17

This post was edited on 1/19 11:43 AM by BallCoach17

This post was edited on 1/20 9:43 AM by BallCoach17

This post was edited on 1/22 1:07 PM by BallCoach17

This post was edited on 1/26 7:52 AM by BallCoach17

This post was edited on 1/27 1:39 PM by BallCoach17

This post was edited on 1/27 4:13 PM by BallCoach17

This post was edited on 2/4 11:39 AM by BallCoach17

This post was edited on 2/11 9:32 AM by BallCoach17

This post was edited on 2/11 9:33 AM by BallCoach17

I keep hearing Easley and Pickens. Have been hearing Pickens for a couple of weeks, but nothing has come of that yet. Kind of getting to the time where if you are going to make a move, it is time to make it.

Vasago....is Wade Hampton open, or do you just think it will come open soon. Either way, give details.

Saw a comment on twitter from an upstate media guy that Haltiwanger had resigned.

If he has, that is not surprising. I have been told that he has interviewed, or trued to interview,for everything he could the last few years. Can't blame him really. His talent level seems way down, and they don't hardly have a chance in Region 2 4A.

As far as Wade Hampton. Will be a tough hire. No coach with any pedigree of winning is going to take that job because of Wade Hamptons situation, and just the normal Greenville County hiring process. That being said I have the perfect candidate. Not sure if Greenville County would approve it, even less sure if the folks at WH have the stones to pull it off. Doubt they do. But they could go get Jim Sosebee from Hendersonville High. He would have a better shot at making that program as good as it could be than anyone else they could attract. And he might be the only coach out there with any true bona fides that would even be interested. Would love to see them, or Eastside, take a chance on him. Things sure would get interesting.

Just curious as to how long Hillcrest will be able to hold on to Porter, heck of a job he has done there but I am sure his phone is ringing and not sure why but Greenville County does not seem to be the place for a coach for the long run

I would imagine Porter would garner some interest. Figure Hillcrest would be powerless to keep him unless he just doesn't want to move. Greenville County is just not set up to pay successful head coaches like some other places are.

You can add Pickens to the mix! Let the carousel begin!! I'm sure there are more to come.

Offensive Analyst at Auburn open as Bentley resigned today! Will be interesting to see where he lands!

And then a coupleasure hours after the story broke, Bobby says he hasn't resigned. Bad journalism blamed. Wonder if the bad info was purposely leaked for any particular reason?

This is personal opinion and you know what they say about opinions. Bentley, Swinney, and Jeff scott are good buddies. I could see Scott promoted to OC and Bentley coming in as QB/WR coach

I could see that. Would be a step up from the analyst title he carries at Auburn. As an aside, anybody know what kind of year his son had in high school ball down in Auburn this year? That might go a long way as to whether Bentley would make a change.

School had senior QB who had major passing yardage already in place. my understanding Jake shared some time mostly mop up duty. Could see Jake at Wren if the Clemson thing happened. Tate and Bentley are good friends as well.

Originally posted by khsknights1:
What is going on at Eau Claire? What about Ridge View?
Who knows with Eau Claire. Job seems to be open every year or 2. Interesting to see where RV goes. That place has talent. They aren't going to dish out tons of pay, however. I think a few guys that have floated around Columbia that may throw their hat in for it.
This post was edited on 12/1 2:02 PM by BallCoach17

Lugoff-Elgin posted today as School Activity Director/Head Football.

Is School Activity Director what they call the Athletic Director in Kershaw County? Or is it like the intramural supplement some places have?

Lugoff-Elgin can somebody give some history on the job? DO they have athletes, what type of conference schedule do they have, is it a good school? Is it a nice area to raise a family? Sorry for so many questions just not familiar with the area.

Lugoff is apparently going through growing pains in 4A. The area is starting to explode in growth as the Columbia/Northeast Richland suburb sprawl continues to expand and people keep moving further out, now into the Elgin and Lugoff parts of Kershaw County. They usually had a solid team back when they were 3A, but have struggled mightily since going up to 4A a few years ago. I think it is a nice area, especially Lake Wateree. Region wise, you play all the large suburban Columbia/Northeast Richland schools (Spring Valley, Blythewood, Ridge View, and Westwood) and Dutch Fork on the other side of Columbia.

Originally posted by NewGamecock_07:
Of all the jobs open which is the most promising as far as available athletes and most quickest to be turned around?
Chester has the most diamonds in the rough.

Clinton should be the easiest to turn around.

Really? From what experience I have with Chester, it's a school with lots of athleticism and lots of talent. What do you know that we don't? I'm not asking in any kind of snarky way; I'm just curious about what brought on so strong an opinion...

Work there ONCE and you will understand.

chairshot.r191677.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT