ADVERTISEMENT

Legion playoff question

Dak43

Rookie
May 1, 2015
I see on P-15s Website that it lists the first round of the state playoffs will begin on Wednesday, July 5 and second round starts on Monday, July 10. Does anyone out there know if that means the state legion committee has gone to best-of-3, rather than best-of-5 series or, if you go five games in round one and finish on a Sunday, you don't have an off day before starting round 2?

Both will be 5 game series. You are allowed a day off in-between game 5 and 1. So if you win game 5 Sunday and then you wouldn't start the first game to Tuesday.

Now if there is rain outs who knows!

Reason they are starting it July 5th is because tons of kids may be out of town Monday and Tuesday for July 4th weekend. Wouldn't be surprised if some teams have a lot of kids gone whole week!

Now i wouldn't be surprised if the legion officials made you start immediately.

Reactions: Dak43
Dang, for a second there I had hope that the State Committee had done the smart thing and gone to 3 game series. Shoulda known better.

The New Pitch Count Rules are certainly going to make the playoffs interesting. Once that Day 1 starter hits 76 pitches he's done for that round, unless the round gets extended due to weather. The Day 2 guy is done for that round once he hits 61.

Reactions: Dak43
COHAZE- I guarantee there is going to be issues with "weather". A coach is going to say his field is not playable so he can get his game one starter in for game 5.

Also it will be crucial managing your team. If you are up big or getting killed in game 1 may need to pull your starter at 75 pitches.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT