ADVERTISEMENT

Lower state dominance 4a

lowcountrydad

Rookie
Feb 28, 2008
Just to start the conversation about wrestling instead of the venue. If I added correctly 11 out of fourteen champions from the lower state. MOW from lower state. Summerville well represented. I was impressed with Boiling Springs and seen a few Dorman wrestlers represented well. Thought I would see more from Rock Hill. And for the future four freshman state placers from the lower state, the Parker Twins, D'Ambrosio and Brassuer. Although they might need to mature and grow they show great promise. Seitz from Bluffton with the pin record and what a great attitude. Matt Rudy, defending 4a wrestler of the year repeating as champion. James Sass dominating. Aaron Burton unbelievable. I know I am missing a few but many of the great stories and wrestlers representing the lower state. Nothing negative about the upstate just some observations some of the best wrestlers in the state are from the upstate, Leitten and Clary to name two.

Here is a breakdown. I know people have done this before:

State Placers:
33 lower
23 upper

State Champs:
11 lower
3 upper

State Runner-ups:
6 lower
8 upper

State 3rd Place:
9 lower
5 upper

State 4th Place:
7 lower
7 upper

And had region 4 stayed in Up State for individuals, it would have been a little more even in regards to State Placers, not so much champs.

If region 4 stayed in Up State for Individuals:
State placers
28 lower
28 upper

State Champs
10 lower
4 upper

State Runner UPSSSS
8 Lower
6 upper

State Third Place
5 Lower
9 Upper

State 4th Place
6 lower
8 upper

Looks like I need to give Swollen and Kimrey a lesson in grammar and writing.

Runners-up....

Not runner-upssssssssssssssssssssss

JYMF,
At some point it's easier to just give up, and hope that they can somehow eek out enough of a living to not have to survive off of your taxes. Kimrey teaches PE, so he's not used to learning anything unless you're threatening to hit him with a ball unless he gets it right, that's just his learning style.

I sense a great disturbance in the Force..... of grammar and spelling! Snicker, snicker, snicker....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT