ADVERTISEMENT

Mauldin 0 @ Boiling Springs 23

Benched_Coach

Three Star Prospect
Aug 28, 2007
Mauldin 0
BS 23

WOW! This reminds me of a Spartan High score. The softball has really fallen off in the upstate. Region 2 AAAA was always a hot bed for softball and now its horrible. Whats going on? Undefeated BS will face
Byrnes tonight at 700 in BS. This should be a decent game.

I think overall its a direct reflection on the lack of strong middle school and JV programs. I know BS always has a strong JV as well as Union and Byrnes. You have to COACH kids not just rely on travel ball . A lot of kids cannot afford travel ball, but want to play HS ball. You also need a good coach,, not just a football coach who does not want to coach softball but wants a paycheck.

Money has changed travel,softball. It is certainly not travel softballs fault.

Travel softball still remains the best way for a young player to advance. The organiIzations involved in thiis area are the best in the world, in my opinion.

the economic world has changed for everyone. life is tough, and sometimes going to the sandlot is the most value.

Don't take me wrong. The Tony Genovese, and Dana Fussetti's of this world are super and super. As they have the proven ability to get the best players to the highest, of highest rewards.

Given that ... South Carolina ... As a State is a softball driven state. Get on the softball field with the folks close to you ... And I promise you and your kid will be OK. The beauty of SC.

This post was edited on 3/26 10:23 PM by BS100

ADVERTISEMENT