ADVERTISEMENT

New SC HS Pitch Tracking Website

COHAZE

Five Star Prospect
Nov 12, 2004
As required by the new rule, SC AD's are responsible for posting pitch counts to the Planet HS website, www.planeths.com. Parents, fans, etc. can register for free, and track the pitch counts of ANY HS team in SC.

Teams are supposed to be posting counts from scrimmages. The teams that I checked are doing so, at least on a sporadic basis. Haven't seen anyone posting on JV teams yet, but my understanding is they are supposed to. The registration process for the website is pretty easy. However, the interface itself sucks. You can find the information you're looking for, but it is not very intuitive. Lots of trial and error. Hopefully, they will clean this up at some point.

I have been monitoring some of the local teams to see how diligent they are being in posting pitch counts. Some, like Boiling Springs and Broome, are doing a good job. The counts from yesterday's games were already up first thing this morning. Others, who will remain nameless at this point, are not doing so well. But, it's early and I guess it takes a while to get the bugs out. Hopefully, they will do better as the year goes on.

I have also noticed a BIG variation in the number of pitchers that teams have used early in the season. One local team has used 10 different pitchers so far. However, another has used only 5. I can't imagine that they will be able to get by with only 5 guys, but time will tell. The average number most teams have used is around 8. But, that's based on a small sample size of 5-6 teams.

Cohaze wait till the legion when teams are having to use their whole roster to pitch.

Cohaze wait till the legion when teams are having to use their whole roster to pitch.
Yeah, that's going to be interesting. I thought they would end up amending the rule, but it's beginning to look like that's not going to happen.

A lot of teams are in pre-season tournaments this weekend. A lot of them are playing their 4th game in 4 days today. Some of those scores should be interesting.

No way there are amending any rule this year from what I heard. When the World Series is unbearable to watch they will change

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT