ADVERTISEMENT

Playoff Scores

I believe in the summer you can play with your entire team just when the fall rolls around you are only allowed to play with 75% of your team so that is like 7 or 8 players.

Bs 1
FMHS 0
ITB

FMHS had 3-4 chances under 1 out runner on 3b.

Bella Roy. 16k
9 inn game. 16K did anyone else else other the pitcher and catcher get to play? I will say it again the playoffs are all about the pitching and defense! You need some timely hitting against good pitchers to win.

In the 4A lower state playoffs, I see region 5 and region 8 each have 3 teams in the district championships. These two competitive regions are well represented this year.

Reactions: llpmom
9 inn game. 16K did anyone else else other the pitcher and catcher get to play? I will say it again the playoffs are all about the pitching and defense! You need some timely hitting against good pitchers to win.
Congrats to Senior Pitcher McKenna QUINN. Super, super tough road ahead. So let's not take anything for granted going forward. QUINN has been around for a long time. Doing everything right. I just want to bless her and team and not leave amo for others for the task at hand is very tough.

BS has some speed in places. When a game goes 9, speed can matter more, with runner at 2nd. Don't know who got the winning crack, if they did so. Our coaches have been around for a while now and are good at the end game.

Last edited:
Congrats to Senior Pitcher McKenna QUINN. Super, super tough road ahead. So let's not take anything for granted going forward. QUINN has been around for a long time. Doing everything right. I just want to bless her and team and not leave amo for others for the task at hand is very tough.

BS has some speed in places. When a game goes 9, speed can matter more, with runner at 2nd. Don't know who got the winning crack, if they did so. Our coaches have been around for a while now and are good at the end game.
Quinn had the walk off single.

I believe in the summer you can play with your entire team just when the fall rolls around you are only allowed to play with 75% of your team so that is like 7 or 8 players.
Unless the rule has changed, the only time the 75% rule comes into play is if someone on the HS staff is coaching the travel ball team.

To close the door on the rules discussion and get back to scores/updates.
http://www.schsl.org/2015/RulesSection15-16.pdf
Generally 3 closed seasons for softball per yr. During closed season, 75% rule applies (7 for softball) and applies to all school coaches Paid and volunteer. Open season is exactly what it sounds like.

Best of luck to Summerville in Lower State play. Way to represent region 8!!! It's been a fun ride playing against yall the last several years....we are moving down to the new 3A next year so we will miss the friendly rivalry between our teams. Bring the trophy back to the Lowet state

Reactions: tcollie
4A - I thought AR had the talent to do it, but have yet to see them put it together as a "program". Have not seen Lexington, but obviously a good team to be sitting where they are right now. Ville Stratford game will pit former player against her high school coach. Long and not so cordial history between S Florence and Ville so the lower state series should be an exciting one.

4A - I thought AR had the talent to do it, but have yet to see them put it together as a "program". Have not seen Lexington, but obviously a good team to be sitting where they are right now. Ville Stratford game will pit former player against her high school coach. Long and not so cordial history between S Florence and Ville so the lower state series should be an exciting one.
Too many base running errors on AR. Should've won second game by the same margin as the first game (first game was 9-2). AR will be back in it next year as they have mostly everyone returning next year. Only losing 3 seniors.

Boiling Springs 10 Fort Mill 2 BS advances
What happened to Fort Mill in the second game .
gonna try to do this as PC as possible but be totally honest...
FM thought the break was longer, and Bella Roy didn't warm up at all game 2, assuming game time was still 15 minutes away. Entire team came running back to dugout from concession stand. Being 50 degrees and windy she got very stiff over 30 minutes off, and it was freaking cold everyone would agree. Went to circle with zero warm up, gave up 4 runs 1st inn. She had allowed 6 ER all year with 270 strikeouts so something was off. She gets pulled, FM's SS comes in who throws 60+ and capable of stopping rally, but sub inserted into state playoff game to INF from bench, has 0.0 innings as varsity player, and struggled (not her fault). Fort Mill CF is jam up INF with 3 years experience, but stayed in CF.

FM needed to capitalize on the glut of baserunners at 3b in Saturdays 1-0 itb loss at FM. Tried to squeeze 3 times and couldn't execute bunt. BS was the better team 2x. Quinn deserves a title. :)

gonna try to do this as PC as possible but be totally honest...
FM thought the break was longer, and Bella Roy didn't warm up at all game 2, assuming game time was still 15 minutes away. Entire team came running back to dugout from concession stand. Being 50 degrees and windy she got very stiff over 30 minutes off, and it was freaking cold everyone would agree. Went to circle with zero warm up, gave up 4 runs 1st inn. She had allowed 6 ER all year with 270 strikeouts so something was off. She gets pulled, FM's SS comes in who throws 60+ and capable of stopping rally, but sub inserted into state playoff game to INF from bench, has 0.0 innings as varsity player, and struggled (not her fault). Fort Mill CF is jam up INF with 3 years experience, but stayed in CF.

FM needed to capitalize on the glut of baserunners at 3b in Saturdays 1-0 itb loss at FM. Tried to squeeze 3 times and couldn't execute bunt. BS was the better team 2x. Quinn deserves a title. :)
Not sure if HS has a actual set time or not but I don't believe in the three times I have seen this in person that the breaks were longer than 30 min. College is 30. I am sure it was really cold last night for game 2.

Who wins the 1A title? I think its going to be EC or Latta....ill give the nod to latta
I love someone asking about 1A. Dont know the answer but I miss the days when Chesterfield and Buford were both strong. Those fans posted about their teams on a regular basis. In 2A Crescent and Abbeville folks where the same way.
Watch for Dixie in 1A. I don't know much about them but I have heard good things about their pitching.

I love someone asking about 1A. Dont know the answer but I miss the days when Chesterfield and Buford were both strong. Those fans posted about their teams on a regular basis. In 2A Crescent and Abbeville folks where the same way.
Watch for Dixie in 1A. I don't know much about them but I have heard good things about their pitching.

I've heard the same about Dixie. Buford brings up bad memories bro. I lost to the them in state baseball champ game back when I played

I've heard the same about Dixie. Buford brings up bad memories bro. I lost to the them in state baseball champ game back when I played
Sorry man! Luckily the only one I played in we won but my daughter didn't get the one she played in. Those losses stay with you awhile.

Sorry man! Luckily the only one I played in we won but my daughter didn't get the one she played in. Those losses stay with you awhile.

Lol.. I played for two different titles in a four year period in high school but that Buford team was amazing. My daughter has one...so we kinda the opposite side of the spectrum. As a parent now, I'll take her winning and my loss

Who you think the 2a goes to? I think it's a crescent vs Aynor/johnsonville/Dillon game

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT