ADVERTISEMENT

Playoff Scores

Lol.. I played for two different titles in a four year period in high school but that Buford team was amazing. My daughter has one...so we kinda the opposite side of the spectrum. As a parent now, I'll take her winning and my loss

Who you think the 2a goes to? I think it's a crescent vs Aynor/johnsonville/Dillon game
I agree with you but if it comes down to coaching Crescent is tough. They will exploit any weakness a team has on d. Landrum in the past always has a way of sneaking up on folks.

Chapin beat Chapman 8-7. Chapin was down by three going into the bottom of the 7th. Heard it was a fantastic finish.

gonna try to do this as PC as possible but be totally honest...

FM needed to capitalize on the glut of baserunners at 3b in Saturdays 1-0 itb loss at FM. Quinn deserves a title. :)

QUINN was regular RF, and had a slot in the batting line-up for BS during their Championship year as a Freshman. As well as a few sterling back-up pitching efforts back then.

She has one title. But sure would be nice to get a Pitching title.

Reactions: tcollie
Some surprises in the scores today....next few days should be very interesting in the softball world.......

Jville fans let me give you a heads up...oh and no sour grapes battery creek outplayed Aynor. But you will be going up against great kids on the field but the worst fans I've seen n a few years. The fans are very rude to put in nicely. It's ok to cheer for your team but that's where it should end. Andrews fans said the same thing ....as I talked with them at game tonight

Last edited:
Reactions: llpmom
Jville fans let me give you a heads up...oh and no sour grapes battery creek outplayed Aynor. But you will be going up against great kids on the field but the worst fans I've seen n a few years. The fans are very rude to put in nicely. It's ok to cheer for your team but that's where it should end. Andrews fans said the same thing ....as I talked with them at game tonight

Agreed!!! And Johnsonville needs to be aware of the very deep fences at BC fields...outfield MUST keep the ball in front of them or its going to roll for an ITP homerun. Fence at 248 in CF.....just a heads up!!

This has gotten off topic, but feel a reply is necessary. The BC fans are loud...while supporting their team. They are never negative towards their opponents. I have seem them compliment their opponents when a nice play is made. They will show displeasure when they feel an umpire misses a call, but show me a crowd that doesn't. Some of the parents are hard on their own kid, but that is their prerogative.

Hopefully we can move on to what this board is intended for, uplifting these girls that put their full effort out there every time they step on the field. Good luck to all the remaining playoff teams!!!

You are very correct, we should be proud of all these girls who have worked very hard this season to get this far. I will add to the fan comments though.

Byrnes is a great team, and is very well coached. BUT, they have some really horrible fans, in particular students. It is always good to cheer for your team, but do not insult, put down, and just plain bully the players from the other team. If they are still playing against your team this late in the season, then they're a pretty good team. Teenaged boys do not need to insult the girls on either team. That girl out there is someone's daughter. What are you teaching your kids at Byrnes?

Reactions: llpmom
Same can be said about Boiling Springs fans and especially the students sitting on the tailgates yelling at opposing outfielders. I am sure BS100 would disagree, but as someone who has sat in their OF numerous times and heard what was being yelled, I was embarrassed for the students.

Every team has "bad" fans. Can we not keep it about the outstanding play of the teams? The players have no control over this.

This has gotten off topic, but feel a reply is necessary. The BC fans are loud...while supporting their team. They are never negative towards their opponents. I have seem them compliment their opponents when a nice play is made. They will show displeasure when they feel an umpire misses a call, but show me a crowd that doesn't. Some of the parents are hard on their own kid, but that is their prerogative.

Hopefully we can move on to what this board is intended for, uplifting these girls that put their full effort out there every time they step on the field. Good luck to all the remaining playoff teams!!!

You are correct, was wrong thread to post in. With that being said...I gave the team and players credit deserved and respect. But not the fans

Gonna be some good ball played this weekend to guys/gals! Private schools are going at it and I think 16 teams are invited. Seeded according to their ranks

Last night's game at Timken Sports Complex saw Union County HS Yellowjackets take a decisive win over Daniel HS 7-0.

I talked to some BC fans before the Dillon/BC game. I brought up about how I heard about the fans at BC. They said that those fans wouldn't be at the Dillon game because it's too far to be drinking and driving.lol. The fans that were there were very nice, before and after the game. The head coach was very classy. If a Dillon player made a great play, she would high five the player. I saw her do that a couple of times. Both teams played a great game and Dillon scored 2 runs in the bottom of the 7th inning to tie the game. They then scored 1run in the 8th to win the game.

Reactions: cocky53077
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT