ADVERTISEMENT

Summerville vs Spartanburg

grenwavedoc

Five Star Prospect
Aug 17, 2001
Summerville, SC
I have been watching Greenwave football for over 40 years and tonight's game was the longest, most strange game I have ever watched. Definitely a hard-fought game on both sides with Summerville being the winner. I bet the Spartanburg coach is kicking himself all the way to Spartanburg for deciding to go for the 2 point conversion, and missing. Four Spartanburg players ejected. Don't know how many Summerville players were ejected. The Summerville QB has to stop trying to do everything himself and protect the football. Tonight's game was almost a deja vu of last year's game where he fumbled in the waning seconds of the game, costing Summerville the win.

Was a long game aswell.plus factor was that turnover would have been the end for us last year.we sucked it up and gutted it out.refs failed to take control early in the game .the scuffles probably wouldnt have happened. I have a lot of respect for coach miller.

Was a long game aswell.plus factor was that turnover would have been the end for us last year.we sucked it up and gutted it out.refs failed to take control early in the game .the scuffles probably wouldnt have happened. I have a lot of respect for coach miller.
I concur. When Bennett fumbled the ball away near the Spartanburg goal line, I just envisioned deja vu from last year. I think this was a great first game for the Greenwave, warts and all. At least they know they can hang with the big boys, and the team should improve as the season progresses. Refs did a terrible job in that game. It appeared they didn't know what to do on many of the penalties. Just get ready to take down the Stags.

I have been watching Greenwave football for over 40 years and tonight's game was the longest, most strange game I have ever watched. Definitely a hard-fought game on both sides with Summerville being the winner. I bet the Spartanburg coach is kicking himself all the way to Spartanburg for deciding to go for the 2 point conversion, and missing. Four Spartanburg players ejected. Don't know how many Summerville players were ejected. The Summerville QB has to stop trying to do everything himself and protect the football. Tonight's game was almost a deja vu of last year's game where he fumbled in the waning seconds of the game, costing Summerville the win.

Well, Miller ran the same exact play from the wildcat that he just scored from 7 yards out untouched. Tried to line up quickly, and got smothered on the 2 pt conversion.

Interestingly, he lost to Boiling Springs in the playoffs last year when he went for two and failed.

Indeed a long, strange game. Officials had no control of the game.

SLICKS THOUGHTS ON THE RATHOLE IN THE VILLE: IF WAVE ARE AHEAD, THE CLOCK RUNS RABBIT FAST, IF WAVE OR BEHIND THE CLOCK STOPS MOVING.

Last night was crazy... The game was over 3 and a half hour's old and we're still getting stoppages for T.V. Timeouts.

WELL, WILL SEE LITTLE JOE AND THE TEAM AT SADFORT FRIDAY NIGHT FOR OUR TV GAME, YOU COMING TOO PROBABLY

No I Will be attending probably Ashley ridge and Boiling spring's....

I know four more who should be suspended.helen keller,Stevie wonder,ray charles and ronnie milsap.smh
No way either team deserved 8.
Schl making a statement period.

Summerville should have best Dutch Fork last year but it sounds like they did the same thing again. Just incredible that the lesson from that game wasnt learned.

Different circumstances this time.noone picked up a block or he beat them guy came around on his blind side.

WE CANT WIN, IF WE BEAT YOU, IT WILL BE BECAUSE OF PLAYERS OUT, THIS SITUATION SUCKS FOR BOTH.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT