ADVERTISEMENT

To be the Best you gotta beat the BEST

I have only seen a few and my view may be skewed but I like what Chapin (4A) has done.. They will have a strong push for State this year, as long as no injuries. They have some good looking freshmen that will be good in time plus a good core of returners.

As of right now its West Oak hands down... Eastside(AAAA) may have placed high at the slam, but West Oak(AAA) in a dual will crush people

Reactions: revfrank4
Eastside's too strong. You EagleHaters of the world are going to have to live with another Eastside State Championship!

Regardless if Eastside wins another title... West Oak is the best team in the state as of this moment in time.

Eastside is very strong, I for one would like to see the dual. Unfortunately its not the cards this year. And no its not good they aren't in the same division, at least not for this sport. 5a's are ridiculous. The teams needed each other in my opinion.

Reactions: countykid
Eastside is very strong, I for one would like to see the dual. Unfortunately its not the cards this year. And no its not good they aren't in the same division, at least not for this sport. 5a's are ridiculous. The teams needed each other in my opinion.

Youre exactly correct. Were watering down our already laughed at state with this 5A nonsense.

Reactions: countykid
Eastside's too strong. You EagleHaters of the world are going to have to live with another Eastside State Championship!

Hey Richard,

Aren't you in the wrong thread? Shouldn't you pricks be in the cheating post? It looks like you babies can't take the fact that another team is getting all the attention. Now don't get me wrong, I don't like West oak either. The cocky coach they have pisses me off every time I look at him but this is difference between the two schools. The cheating eagles pull kids from all over our county to make up their team and west oak only has to build from what kids are in their school. Just think if they pulled kids from all over Anderson county how strong they would be? Accept the fact that west oak is better this year so stop crying like little babies. I'll move on to the post you eagles should be in next. see you there AH's.

Hey Richard,

Aren't you in the wrong thread? Shouldn't you pricks be in the cheating post? It looks like you babies can't take the fact that another team is getting all the attention. Now don't get me wrong, I don't like West oak either. The cocky coach they have pisses me off every time I look at him but this is difference between the two schools. The cheating eagles pull kids from all over our county to make up their team and west oak only has to build from what kids are in their school. Just think if they pulled kids from all over Anderson county how strong they would be? Accept the fact that west oak is better this year so stop crying like little babies. I'll move on to the post you eagles should be in next. see you there AH's.
West-Oak is in Oconee county ... If you are gonna play the bad guy then at least get your facts straight. Just sayin

Agree wholeheartedly with 4 divisions being an overwhelming net negative competition wise. Should come as no surprise for anyone tho.

That said, from results this year so far and the limited action I've seen in person it seems that 4A is a bit deeper and more competitive than 5A.

Last edited:
I would have to say West Oak hands down. I agree that Eastside is strong and will probably take it all but WO are top dog in all classifications.

For the record, Eastside beat WO last year in the state dual playoffs fairly handedly and the team lost only one guy to graduation......

West Oak is full of hammers this year. It really doesn't matter what happened last year. They are the best team in SC this year. Just my 2 cents.

Reactions: revfrank4
West Oak is full of hammers this year. It really doesn't matter what happened last year. They are the best team in SC this year. Just my 2 cents.
No doubt they are a strong team - but it really does matter what happened last year. You have to anticipate both teams have improved, but Eastside soundly beat WO last year - there were no matches "stolen" by the refs etc, and they lost one wrestler. Additionally - Eastside reloaded with freshmen who have been in the youth program wrestling at the national level, so if anything, I'd guess the gap has widened. I sure wish we could find out. Maybe an illegal scrimmage can be arranged by Eaglehater like the final Rocky and Apollo fight! Plus, he could continue to whine about how unfair it is that kids want to come wrestle with a successful program.

No doubt they are a strong team - but it really does matter what happened last year. You have to anticipate both teams have improved, but Eastside soundly beat WO last year - there were no matches "stolen" by the refs etc, and they lost one wrestler. Additionally - Eastside reloaded with freshmen who have been in the youth program wrestling at the national level, so if anything, I'd guess the gap has widened. I sure wish we could find out. Maybe an illegal scrimmage can be arranged by Eaglehater like the final Rocky and Apollo fight! Plus, he could continue to whine about how unfair it is that kids want to come wrestle with a successful program.
From some of the folks that I have heard from W-O had several wrestlers out due to sickness and injury during that dual last year. May not have changed the ultimate outcome but would have probably made a big difference in the score. It would be great to see them wrestle this year, is there any dual's that they will both be at where we may see a match up? Would love to see a good local team take on an all star county team.

Very true points, if eastside would switch their A and B teams on the weekend of January 21, we could all see it at the Red Raider Duals.

Hey Richard,

Ole Eaglehater222 pretty confident in West Oak. Apparently you are the final authority on who wins hypothetical matches. I guess I'll move on now that the matter is settled. Thanks for the clarification.

I have only seen a few and my view may be skewed but I like what Chapin (4A) has done.. They will have a strong push for State this year, as long as no injuries. They have some good looking freshmen that will be good in time plus a good core of returners.

River Bluff 38 Chapin 31

OK, I can't find anywhere where you guys have youth wrestlers (9th graders) that have wrestled on national level. I did find where one wrestled at SE "Regions" (regional not national) but at the middle school level (and won) and didn't win any matches at the Super 32 qualifier or at super 32. Am I missing something or are you just trying to blow dust farts?

Also I never said that Eastside didn't beat WO straight up last year and I never said any matches were stolen by the refs. I wasn't there. Maybe you think that since you bring it up. Guilty dog barks first..........

OK, I can't find anywhere where you guys have youth wrestlers (9th graders) that have wrestled on national level. I did find where one wrestled at SE "Regions" (regional not national) but at the middle school level (and won) and didn't win any matches at the Super 32 qualifier or at super 32. Am I missing something or are you just trying to blow dust farts?

Also I never said that Eastside didn't beat WO straight up last year and I never said any matches were stolen by the refs. I wasn't there. Maybe you think that since you bring it up. Guilty dog barks first..........
I guess it depends on your definition of "national". To some, national means Fargo and Super 32. To me national means traveling around the United States taking part in regional and nationally certified tournaments to get the better competition. That can include Team Palmetto's travels, on which the Augustines, Maholtz and Tucker Allen have all participated for years. As well as individual tournaments like AAU Spring Youth Nationals, Dixie Youth Nationals, NUWAY Nationals, Throwdown in Motown, etc.

Additionally, I said 'wrestling at the national level' - I did not infer they were dominating at the national level. The point is that these freshmen have put in the time and work in the Eastside Youth Wrestling room and their families have made the commitment to travel to the best competition - win or lose to get better. As a result - Eastside's freshmen have many of years of high level experience that will help them at the state level - like Jordie White last year. I brought up the 'refs' thing because of all the other comments on these boards about the refs doing whatever Koz says.

BTW - Eastside's A team travels to Delaware today to participate in the Beast of the East. The fact that Eastside has an A and B team to wrestle in different duals on the 21st once again speaks volumes about the program. Deciding which team goes to which dual is up to Koz, but I have no doubt he has his reasons, probably that he committed to the Patriot Duals before knowing he would be able to submit a team to the other dual. Likewise - West Oak could have entered the Southern Slam instead of the Panther Invitational and wrestled in the dual matches on the Thursday before the tournament started. Eastside beat Woodward Academy that night.

Your research is faulty, they said middle school wrestlers competing nationally ... which means you can't just check on Eastside wrestlers from middle school, it could be any kids from Greenville or Spartanburg that just moved there this year. You need to research the entire upstate .....

I guess it depends on your definition of "national". To some, national means Fargo and Super 32. To me national means traveling around the United States taking part in regional and nationally certified tournaments to get the better competition. That can include Team Palmetto's travels, on which the Augustines, Maholtz and Tucker Allen have all participated for years. As well as individual tournaments like AAU Spring Youth Nationals, Dixie Youth Nationals, NUWAY Nationals, Throwdown in Motown, etc.

Additionally, I said 'wrestling at the national level' - I did not infer they were dominating at the national level. The point is that these freshmen have put in the time and work in the Eastside Youth Wrestling room and their families have made the commitment to travel to the best competition - win or lose to get better. As a result - Eastside's freshmen have many of years of high level experience that will help them at the state level - like Jordie White last year. I brought up the 'refs' thing because of all the other comments on these boards about the refs doing whatever Koz says.

BTW - Eastside's A team travels to Delaware today to participate in the Beast of the East. The fact that Eastside has an A and B team to wrestle in different duals on the 21st once again speaks volumes about the program. Deciding which team goes to which dual is up to Koz, but I have no doubt he has his reasons, probably that he committed to the Patriot Duals before knowing he would be able to submit a team to the other dual. Likewise - West Oak could have entered the Southern Slam instead of the Panther Invitational and wrestled in the dual matches on the Thursday before the tournament started. Eastside beat Woodward Academy that night.

Is Woodward even ranked in GA this year? I didn't think they were? Anyone know?

Razor, You are correct and I am wrong . Chapin ran into a better team last night.. I could make excesses but I am sure you do not want to hear them.. I will stand by what I said that Chapin will make a push for 4A State with several individual winners.. Lot of wrestling left and Chapin needs some young guys to get better.. Good luck this season..

Reactions: wrestlingisfun
Seahawk that response was way to nice, there is no entertainment value in that ... I would guess that Razor is a made up name with no real ties to the team by the same name ... because I don't think the Razors would want to see Chapin this year ... lol

Reactions: SeaHawk55
Seahawk that response was way to nice, there is no entertainment value in that ... I would guess that Razor is a made up name with no real ties to the team by the same name ... because I don't think the Razors would want to see Chapin this year ... lol

For your information Uncle Henry I'm an Arkansas Razorback (went to college there) fan and my name just happens to be Ralph. Not sure what you are implying.

Hey Richard,

Cocky coach? Got to be talk
SeaHawk55,
Please do tell which team in the lower state will be competitive this year....?????
You fellas must have never heard of a little team out of the low country by the name of Battery Creek. What are we chopped liver?

Watched the BC.team at Crescent tournament. They handled Union ,Crescent And Emerald. While there are some weakness in their lineup, they were pretty strong in most.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT