ADVERTISEMENT

Yall be the judge!!

Nov 22, 2014
The link to the video of roughing the kicker!! 1st part is the video of the field goal that was called roughing the kicker. Clearly running into the kicker but not roughing. Second part of the video is the 1st field goal and we ran into the kicker then too. But no call. So why call the second field goal??? Oh yeah he miss it. He kick the ball it was wide left and he had 2 feet on the ground our players roll into him no flag was thrown until the ref talk to the kicker.

http://www.maxpreps.com/m/team/videos.aspx…

The second kick play looks like incidental and the BIG PLAY in question..... would be called roughing the kicker 9 times out of 10. MC owes Red Foxes an apology. Seriously the crying here was probably tame compared to, at the game and in Bville. Go Hartsville! Win AAA !! Lower State Dominates !!!

If that's not roughing what is? All that talk about he was never touched and he fell down on his own. Listen I understand that's a tough way to lose and like Hartsville the Dawgs take great pride and support their teams in all sports I get that but you cant tell me if that happen to your kicker that you would say that should be a no call. Does it suck yes but it was a good call and I hate it changed the out come but the rule is you cant touch them.

Roughing - This is a personal foul that could cause serious injury. The kicker is almost always taken to the ground in a very rough manner. Contact to the non-kicking leg or helmet will almost always be called roughing.

Running into - The kicker is moved but not typically knocked down by the contact. The contact is usually to the kicking leg or the body. Only a very slight chance of serious injury.

Incidental contact - just a tap often caused by the kicker's motion.

Confirmation bias, also called myside bias, is the tendency to search for, interpret, or remember information in a way that confirms one's beliefs or hypotheses.emotionally charged issues and for deeply entrenched beliefs.

This post was edited on 12/1 7:01 AM by ch_seahawkfan

Watch all the videos out there. Our two players collided into each other pushing one into the kicker. Not intention, not roughing. Could have been running into kicker if MC didn't tip the ball. Another FACT .....the flag was thrown WELL AFTER the play was over and only AFTER it was discussed by a Hartsville player and the ref. Flag was not thrown until well into the victory celebration and Hartsville players wouldn't have been walking downcast to the sidelines about to take their helmets off if a flag had been thrown initially. Both team played great but MC won that game FIRST.

I wasn't there but I know from experience that sometimes the officials are trying to check to make sure the kid is ok.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT