ADVERTISEMENT

2015-16 schsl rules re: 8 quarter rule

cgibbo

Gold Member
Feb 19, 2005
The SCHSL has posted the 2015-16 rules and regs manual online. It seems as if they simply omitted the line stating that a player can play no more than 8 quarters per week. They did not address how many quarters can be played per week at all. Does this leave the rule open to interpretation? How can they enforce a four quarter per week rule if they didn't even state the rule?? Just wondering.

I'm pretty sure there's never been a sentence in the Rule's Book that said, "A Player can only play 4 quarters."

How the hell would you do Overtime?

*sigh*

Let's try to be practical.....

o_O

I'm pretty sure there's never been a sentence in the Rule's Book that said, "A Player can only play 4 quarters."

How the hell would you do Overtime?

*sigh*

Let's try to be practical.....

o_O
What about a Monday makeup game and then Friday the same week

What about having a Friday night game and the next game is a Thursday night game...Less than 7 days between games.

I'm quite sure there was never a sentence stating that a player can only play 4 quarters per week as well. Thats my point. There WAS a sentence stating that a player can only play 8 quarters per week up until this year. Now the number of quarters that can be played is not addressed at all. Yes, everyone should know that their players are limited to 4 quarters but you cannot enforce a rule that you did not state.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT