ADVERTISEMENT

2017 Football Openings

Barnes has turned the Broome job down

Wow; that's telling. I wonder why?

And Coach: why not? All this SC coaching talent floating around, getting passed by all this out of state talent... the remaining vacancies probably feel like they have more than enough time to find their guy!

:rolleyes:

I'm pretty baffled by this, too. Does this say anything about the importance of Spring ball? Because half these vacancies aren't going to have a significant spring if they din't start making up their minds soon.

Folks.... do we really still have 11 jobs open? It's getting close to mid-March. What the heck!?

o_O

Really quite simple. School administrators that either a) don't care about football or b) are clueless about the the importance of a quality & timely hire.

I read the article on the guy...seems as though he's been successful as an OC and in his one year as a head coach. Why is it peculiar?

I just don't see a 31 year old with less than 10 years coaching experience being ready for a AAAA job.

Heck the NFL hired a guy as a head coach who is that age or younger. At least he is originally from SC and his dad is a long-time SC educator and coach who recently retired.

Am sure he had an in somewhere. With the exception of the "home run" type hire coaching is like any other job opportunity. A lot more about who you know than what you know.

And Coach: why not? All this SC coaching talent floating around, getting passed by all this out of state talent... the remaining vacancies probably feel like they have more than enough time to find their guy!

I'm pretty baffled by this, too. Does this say anything about the importance of Spring ball? Because half these vacancies aren't going to have a significant spring if they din't start making up their minds soon.

Smart move by Barnes. Too much politics in District 3. School board members running the show.

That's fine I suppose, but a lot of deserving assistants in the area that should get their chances. About the only time I would disagree with that method is when you have a home run hire lined up like happened at Hanna

I'm not sure if a young asst. coach would be able to stand up against the board members running the show.

Top two candidates for Broome job have turned it down. Hear its now been offered to Lynn Fleming. If he turns it down......uh oh!

Had to wait for teaching slots to open. Also, lots of stuff happening in that district. Re-zoning, upset people over discipline, population and demographic shifts, some schools way under capacity and others flowing out of mobile units.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT