ADVERTISEMENT

Ashley Ridge

swampfox18

Bench Warmer
Apr 29, 2013
Goose Creek, SC
Whats going on at AR. Word is OC is looking at two jobs. DC is looking at another job another coach may be headed to Summerville and I am hearing a returning player on offense family is looking at moving into Stratford school or if certain things work out be able to go to Stratford due to family circumstances.
Hear the AD is trying to force some coaches out. Looks like AR is trying to makes some major changes.

Take things personal do you. Question was asked what was going on? Dont think anyone called the OC = dirtbag or the DC = dirt bag. If OC wants to be a HC no issues and nothing wrong with that just heard he was looking to leave did not hear it was for a HC position . Wasn't the DC a HC once before in Beaufort County and quit after two yrs due to issues. From what I hear DC applies for anything and everything yet in his two years AR defense has gotten worse.
But if your Screen name is true...you might want to learn how to read but this post kind of shows like AR defense the past two years it couldnt read an offense which mirrors the DC and his game plan.
Question was asked what was going on at AR. Heard coaches were looking to leave and possible players too. As fit player and players I am sure they will do what is best. But it makes sense why now. Since you say focus energy on something constructive. In my opinion the OC should stick it out at AR could be the HC in a few years there...Now the defense hmmmm I could be constructive but it would only hurt your feelings. So before you start to post something read first I know its hard for you to do.
As for the AD and post said looks like he is looking to make some changes.

Hey ARDC why you delete your post. If you going to post something stick to it...but hey thats par for the course with you...one minute you want this the next something else. Cant put your signature out there and then delete it

LOL

I never saw his post.... thought you were talking to yourself.

o_O

Evidently, things are shaking up at the Ridge.....

:cool:

Well I hear the OC got a HC job and some other coaches are headed to Stratford and a few players may follow them.
Something is going on for sure. Can't blame OC for being a HC but the other stuff makes me think some are not happy at AR

Well I will give my two cents on it and since I have one on the team and one that just graduated I think I have some insight.
AR had a rebuilding year last year. Injuries hurt the team and inexperienced players having to play didn't help. But the upside is the young players got thrown into the fire and will be better.
As for the coaches the OC is a bright coach with a lot of knowledge. Both my kids love playing for him and he will eventually be a HC. For selfish reasons I hope he stays at AR for 3 more years. The DC is also a good coach that in my personal opinion knows the game and this year like offense had a lot of holes to fill. He had his hands tied with trying to fill some important holes. I had hoped as a parent and fan AR would have had a better record but I didn't expect it to be honest 5-5 was what I thought might be attainable but unlike the year before the breaks didnt happen and the 2015 yr had SRs that refused to quit on the tesm when things got hard and didnt make excuses.
AR has a lot of good coaches on staff some I would imagine want to be a HC which and is nothing wrong with that in my opinion. But everyone needs to step back off the ledge I have publicly said this In two yrs watch out for AR. Next yr will be a little better these coaches are working there butts off. The problem is to many people act like HS sports are like college but remember college have bigger budget and can recruit the country not just the county. These coaches get the players they get and do the best they can with what they got. None of the AR coaches teach these players to screw up, players have to buy in and honestly last yr a lot of players were only playing for themselves not the team or school. Some of the responsibility has to be taken by the upper class and in my opinion AR didnt have the upper class leaders last year. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink.
This freshman and sophomore class (rising soph and Jrs) will have this program back. HS sports are like a roller coaster you have your ups and down. AR was 17-7 in 2014 and 2015 these coaches didnt forget how to coach they are just rebuilding it happens in HS. Sometimes its a yr sometimes its a couple of yrs.
As for coaches leaving maybe some do I personally hope they don't but if they do I hope its for a HC position only. I back all of the coaches they have the best interest of the school and players at heart. I personally know from experience with one son currently playing and one that graduated.
What AR needs is parents supporting and stop the public bashing because they have their own agendas. I always tell my kids if you want to play then play where it best helps a team. No matter where you are playing guess what you are on the field and contributing.
So all that is going on at AR is a bunch of coaches working their butt off to get back to winning.
I've always said if anyone doesn't agree with me thats fine but I personally prefer to do it in person we may not agree but dont be upset with a different perspective because I wont be and during the season I can be found at the end of the field.
AR will be back just look at the low country 2012 2013 Stratford, Summerville and GC were winning 9 to 13 games a yr consistently. Playing for championships this yr I dont think any won more than 6 games. Did the coaches forget how to coach??? Some may say yes but honestly no they didn't forget. Rebuilding happens. Those schools have been around for 20 plus yrs minimum AR is 8/9 yrs old. Won two region titles and is always a team to be afraid to play. I am not knocking on Ft. But when they first opened I dont think they were a dominate school yr in and yr out.
So my point is nothing is going on except coaches working to get AR back to where it needs to be.

Ashley Ridge has some outstanding coaches on staff, particularly on defense. The DC is a very good coach and person. He started the program at Whale Branch and had immediate success. His leaving had nothing to do with his ability to coach or get along with anyone in the school. The secondary coach is also an outstanding coach who has been in many successful programs throughout the state. The OC and the OL coach are good as well. They just did not have the athletes to compete this year. Going back to when the school opened, its been cyclical. They'll have a good group come through and have success, then struggle for a couple of years. Given the make-up of the school, that probably isn't going to change.

The OC will be gone is the word on the street and the DC is looking to leave there is more going on then you know swamfoxdad. I stated nothing wrong with wanting to be a HC, but when one is applying to anything and everything kind of tells me there is more to the story. GURU the coaches you mention I hear are trying to get out as well after one year. They may be good coaches but as I said before something is going on to have assistants trying to leave after one year. With all the negative news lately and the "Riots" maybe some of them think its worse than where they came from.

What happened to the old coordinators Tee Newman and Brad Thomas?. Both of those guys were pretty good during their time at AR.

I see that the OC got the job at the new HS, lets see who goes with him? Hearing 3 more coaches are leaving AR as well, OC posted yesterday he was proud to become the 1st HC and another coach posted he was headed to another district as well.
As for Tee Newman he moved to Columbia 2 years ago and Brad Thomas well he went back to West Ashley for a year and now is somewhere in NC the last I heard.

I thought AR was going to the Bone........and that a former coach was returning......
Wait and see what offense AR runs. As for talking to disgruntled coaches I guess there are a lot of those on the staff. Plus a lot of coaches that are out for themselves and not the best interest of the kids or school.

I thought AR was going to the Bone........and that a former coach was returning......
Say I am wrong Teacher...OC left for HC job smart move and he was leaving anyway...OL coach left for new job at WA. Another coach and kids are now at Summerville which will be a huge hole to file especially at DL....another kid will be gone for wrestling and a Fr DL will be moving to Fort after spring. Oh and the QB situation well watch what happens there is all I will say. Coaches wanted to rotate QB last yr and they will do same this yr...well that is if one QB is still there and if he isn't AR will be 80% run if not more. They didnt have the nerve last yr to play the right players and it looks like same for this year
Go ahead and bash me but there has been movement and possibly another long time coach on staff leaving if things work out for him.
Also where is the new OC or is AR going to keep whats on staff. I could say more but like original post lots going on and lots of changes.

Well I will give my two cents on it and since I have one on the team and one that just graduated I think I have some insight.
AR had a rebuilding year last year. Injuries hurt the team and inexperienced players having to play didn't help. But the upside is the young players got thrown into the fire and will be better.
As for the coaches the OC is a bright coach with a lot of knowledge. Both my kids love playing for him and he will eventually be a HC. For selfish reasons I hope he stays at AR for 3 more years. The DC is also a good coach that in my personal opinion knows the game and this year like offense had a lot of holes to fill. He had his hands tied with trying to fill some important holes. I had hoped as a parent and fan AR would have had a better record but I didn't expect it to be honest 5-5 was what I thought might be attainable but unlike the year before the breaks didnt happen and the 2015 yr had SRs that refused to quit on the tesm when things got hard and didnt make excuses.
AR has a lot of good coaches on staff some I would imagine want to be a HC which and is nothing wrong with that in my opinion. But everyone needs to step back off the ledge I have publicly said this In two yrs watch out for AR. Next yr will be a little better these coaches are working there butts off. The problem is to many people act like HS sports are like college but remember college have bigger budget and can recruit the country not just the county. These coaches get the players they get and do the best they can with what they got. None of the AR coaches teach these players to screw up, players have to buy in and honestly last yr a lot of players were only playing for themselves not the team or school. Some of the responsibility has to be taken by the upper class and in my opinion AR didnt have the upper class leaders last year. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink.
This freshman and sophomore class (rising soph and Jrs) will have this program back. HS sports are like a roller coaster you have your ups and down. AR was 17-7 in 2014 and 2015 these coaches didnt forget how to coach they are just rebuilding it happens in HS. Sometimes its a yr sometimes its a couple of yrs.
As for coaches leaving maybe some do I personally hope they don't but if they do I hope its for a HC position only. I back all of the coaches they have the best interest of the school and players at heart. I personally know from experience with one son currently playing and one that graduated.
What AR needs is parents supporting and stop the public bashing because they have their own agendas. I always tell my kids if you want to play then play where it best helps a team. No matter where you are playing guess what you are on the field and contributing.
So all that is going on at AR is a bunch of coaches working their butt off to get back to winning.
I've always said if anyone doesn't agree with me thats fine but I personally prefer to do it in person we may not agree but dont be upset with a different perspective because I wont be and during the season I can be found at the end of the field.
AR will be back just look at the low country 2012 2013 Stratford, Summerville and GC were winning 9 to 13 games a yr consistently. Playing for championships this yr I dont think any won more than 6 games. Did the coaches forget how to coach??? Some may say yes but honestly no they didn't forget. Rebuilding happens. Those schools have been around for 20 plus yrs minimum AR is 8/9 yrs old. Won two region titles and is always a team to be afraid to play. I am not knocking on Ft. But when they first opened I dont think they were a dominate school yr in and yr out.
So my point is nothing is going on except coaches working to get AR back to where it needs to be.
That is where Summerville's problem started; not 'buying into the program'. I hope AR does not suffer the same misfortune.

SCUMMERVILLE IS JUST JEALOUS OF THE TALENT THAT ASHLEY RIDGE REMOVED FROM THEM. OH YES, ANOTHER USELESS GREEN WAVE SEASON IS COMING

SCUMMERVILLE IS JUST JEALOUS OF THE TALENT THAT ASHLEY RIDGE REMOVED FROM THEM. OH YES, ANOTHER USELESS GREEN WAVE SEASON IS COMING
Smh you never stop.
I give ashleyridge props they have came a long way in thier boiled peanuts.everything else will work itself out.

That is where Summerville's problem started; not 'buying into the program'. I hope AR does not suffer the same misfortune.

As I said and it showed in spring AR will be a running team but they have no true RB, AR skill position is down and the defense has lost a DL and LB to Summerville plus losing another DL/LB to wrestling. Defense will be bad as well.
AR isn't true to the players or coaches. To be honest they resented the elder Duncan for taking his son out of school. They are two faced toward him and his kids and the younger Duncan will end up being screwed over and I think he is a better athlete then his older brother.
Rumor still is the younger Duncan could end up at one of two schools depending on things this summer.
The AD at AR doesnt support the HC and just wait the DC will be the next HC at AR. I have heard AR has to be the region champs or at worst #2 for the HC to keep his job.
Oh and as I said before about the coaches. One left for a HC job one is now at West Ashley, another at Summerville, and one chose to be the Cross Country HC instead of being around. So it looks like there is truth to what I said. As for a former coach coming back he chose to stay and not deal with drama.
AR will have a new HC after this yr...see if my prediction is wrong

Read a funny article in Summerville paper. First as I said at QB AR is afraid to say who the starting QB is and if history doesnt teach them 4 yrs ago they lost a QB and I mentioned dont be surprised to see it happen again if they continue. One should be named starter but AR coaches dont respect the family and will screw the kid over
Second they say both Mitchum kids are returning well that isnt happening. And Trephan is leaving the school too. AR is in trouble some kids not mentioned will be leaving too

SwampFox..... I don't know you... or have any idea what your affiliation is with Ashley Ridge... but it is quite obvious that you have one GIGANTIC ax to grind with the folks over there.... 11 negative posts in one single thread. Might be a record around here.

o_O

If all your prophecy turns out to be true, then "kudos" and good call. If it doesn't.... you just cashed your credibility check in here, my friend.

:rolleyes:

Hope your son, cousin, brother, or whatever finds a position on whatever other Charleston team he will play for next season...

:D

SwampFox..... I don't know you... or have any idea what your affiliation is with Ashley Ridge... but it is quite obvious that you have one GIGANTIC ax to grind with the folks over there.... 11 negative posts in one single thread. Might be a record around here.

o_O

If all your prophecy turns out to be true, then "kudos" and good call. If it doesn't.... you just cashed your credibility check in here, my friend.

:rolleyes:

Hope your son, cousin, brother, or whatever finds a position on whatever other Charleston team he will play for next season...

:D

Lets see coaches that left 4...correct and true
Going to be run dominated now...correct and true
Players gone...correct and true
Only thing left is if the QB leaves which has happened at AR with same family. Only reason he came back was a certain person/coach made things right.
And as for a new coach that will be solved in Nov/Dec.
So I say pretty credible so far. But you are part right. There is a team and they will get their shot at AR.

Everyone at AR pretty much knows who this is (or at least, where they are getting their info from).
This guy is either one of the two past defensive coaches that were "let go" OR this guy is getting their info from the previous coach. It is clearly a case of sour grapes on his part.
AR will be just fine in the long run, and in my opinion made the right decision in ridding themselves of unwanted drama.
It may take some time, but the team is now on the right track.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT