ADVERTISEMENT

Coaching openings

Mar 21, 2018
Wade Hampton (G) and Easley are open already. Rumor is that Seneca will open next week. Any others?

Not really. Seneca is an awful proud community. They have done well in their region lately, but not up to what Seneca wants at playoff time, and pretty much got drug through the mud by anybody with a pulse this year. Maybe the coach left for personal reasons, but have a feeling that a lot of folks down that way think Seneca ought to be better than they have been recently

If Emerald doesn't open, it should. More talent on that team than most anybody in the state. Not sure how they lost like they did

Been dragging a bit. With the holidays over I would imagine things would start picking up a bit.

I don’t think so. I’ve seen some on football school and South Carolina coaches association.

Looks like a domino effect could start with hires of new coaches leaving their previous schools

News broke today that Caleb King from Havelock HS in Havelock, NC has stepped down to accept a position in South Carolina. No school was named but is speculated that it is a school close to Clemson. Not sure of the openings down that way but just throwing it out there.

Seneca was open, but that job was filled by Crane from Greenville. Only other one zi can think of in that area is Easley. Not sure if they have hired anyone yet, or not. But would be odd. He had a bug time team at Havelock. And the pay isn't exactly top of the line in Pickens County. Could see him being interested in South Pointe, or maybe even York.

Seneca was open, but that job was filled by Crane from Greenville. Only other one zi can think of in that area is Easley. Not sure if they have hired anyone yet, or not. But would be odd. He had a bug time team at Havelock. And the pay isn't exactly top of the line in Pickens County. Could see him being interested in South Pointe, or maybe even York.

It is Easley as zone indicated. Even with Pickens County not par with other parts of SC pay this move will more than likely double King's salary at Havelock. Rumored to be in the neighborhood of 90K/year. This trend will continue to happen here in NC until we pay our coaches more. King is leaving an absolute beast of a program. Hard to turn down a 100% pay raise no matter how much you like your situation.

He's not getting $90K at Easley. Even with a PhD and 25 years teaching experience, he would only make $85K. With a masters, he would only get $75K

Looks like Devontae Holloman to South Point from the rumor mill.
I know Greenville conducted first round interviews this week. Not sure of the candidates

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT