ADVERTISEMENT

Dutch Fork vs Greenwood - Battle of the Bluff Week Zero

Greenwood gets beat by 3 touchdowns plus! If they are going to lose 21-7 to Newberry in 1 qtr imagine what knots will do to them in 4 qtrs. Sounds like they still don't have a QB!!

Greenwood gets beat by 3 touchdowns plus! If they are going to lose 21-7 to Newberry in 1 qtr imagine what knots will do to them in 4 qtrs. Sounds like they still don't have a QB!!

Jamborees don't mean anything. You know nothing about our team. Stop spending time hating mine and worry about your own. We probably beat your team constantly. That's usually where hate comes from. The bad thing about message boards is people can hide behind a keyboard or phone and act cowardly, knowing their identity is sealed.

We shall see!! I look forward to watching this one myself this year. I believe it was 45-19 last year...... By the way when was the last time you lost a Jamboree??

We shall see!! I look forward to watching this one myself this year. I believe it was 45-19 last year...... By the way when was the last time you lost a Jamboree??

It's been a long time, Abbeville did it last and we still had great year. Think it was 2006. We won a title that year. We aren't that bad. I promise. Trying different people and ran generic plays. Newberry is a good program and really wanted to beat us. They'll do well.

Last year's game was close until after half when bad snaps and turnovers killed us. Those are fixed.
Can I guarantee a Greenwood victory? Of course not. But it won't be because of sloppy play.

Looking forward to watching. Hoping for a great game. Two quality coaches, and to teams with a history of success. You just need to start the season off strong and stay healthy this year. If you solve your QB issues I believe you can make a strong run for a State Title before you get to AAAAA. After that it will be very hard I think. Just an opinion.

Looking forward to watching. Hoping for a great game. Two quality coaches, and to teams with a history of success. You just need to start the season off strong and stay healthy this year. If you solve your QB issues I believe you can make a strong run for a State Title before you get to AAAAA. After that it will be very hard I think. Just an opinion.

Only time will tell. Our kids are athletic and can play with the best when things go right. We're already playing most of the Big 16, and I think most in our region are going 5A. Just need to get a system going to bring our kids up to speed quicker. I believe the middle schools have started running the same system. That should help with the learning curve.

Reactions: mathetes
I am waiting to see how the new 8 qtr rule effects HS in the state. I suspect there will be many that will drop B-Team football to make sure they have enough players for Varsity and JV. The larger schools won't be effected as much as the smaller schools. It will be interesting to see how many AAAA schools are effected since a fair number of AAA schools are moving up. This will be the biggest impact toward developing players faster. Those who can get their systems in their feeder schools will have the greatest amount of success in development if they no longer have a B-Team.

I am waiting to see how the new 8 qtr rule effects HS in the state. I suspect there will be many that will drop B-Team football to make sure they have enough players for Varsity and JV. The larger schools won't be effected as much as the smaller schools. It will be interesting to see how many AAAA schools are effected since a fair number of AAA schools are moving up. This will be the biggest impact toward developing players faster. Those who can get their systems in their feeder schools will have the greatest amount of success in development if they no longer have a B-Team.

I agree.

I haven't actually seen Greenwood this year but I saw Dutch Fork dismantle RNE at the Jamboree at Irmo.

I'm thinking the Silver Foxes will dismantle Greenwood this year, as well.

Not sure how it will turn out but I will be there cheering on the EAGLES. Could be a big day.

Not sure how it will turn out but I will be there cheering on the EAGLES. Could be a big day.
Dutch Fork..... I think Knotts has a really good team up his sleeve this season. I also think they have something to prove after that epic choke against Hillcrest in the final...

For what it's worth.... the word out of NW Columbia is that Dutch Fork has 6 or more starters out with injuries. Knotts has pulled 8-10 JV kids up to Varsity to fill out much needed depth. It would seem that Greenwood is getting Dutch Fork at the perfect time.

:D

Looking forward to seeing how this game plays out.

For what it's worth.... the word out of NW Columbia is that Dutch Fork has 6 or more starters out with injuries. Knotts has pulled 8-10 JV kids up to Varsity to fill out much needed depth. It would seem that Greenwood is getting Dutch Fork at the perfect time.

:D

Looking forward to seeing how this game plays out.

I heard those 8-10 jv kids is just as good as those starters.

Dutch Fork..... I think Knotts has a really good team up his sleeve this season. I also think they have something to prove after that epic choke against Hillcrest in the final...

Even though they beat RNE easily, DF just didn't look all that great. Defense is aggressive, but will have fundamental breakdowns. Offense truly misses Colburn. I suspect they will win around 8 games and get knocked out in the second round of the playoffs this year.

I think Dutch Fork beats Greenwood....and makes a run at another state title.... Colburn was a special player and of course they will miss him...having said that.... Knotts and his staff will address those fundamental lapses...and there is more talent walking the halls at DFHS than any other HS in SC.... and he will get most of it on the field. I think DF will surprise everyone with a deep run in the playoffs.

I don't think DF making a run to state is a surprise. Heck, they just played for one didn't they? It is clear just by looking on here alone that Greenwood is the underdog to most of you. I think the surprise would be the other way around. It's been 2012 since Greenwood won one.

I want to congratulate the Greenwood folks on here for a great game. Your Coach obviously had a good plan to beat Knotts or DF was really reeling from all those supposed injuries. Either way you won fair and square!!

I want to congratulate the Greenwood folks on here for a great game. Your Coach obviously had a good plan to beat Knotts or DF was really reeling from all those supposed injuries. Either way you won fair and square!!
We were injured last year. No excuses.

Can't you read. See my above post. I said I didn't think DF was going to be all that great this year
They have some kids that can play and a very good coach. They'll do well. And yes I can read. You're post made it sound like they aren't still a solid team.

I almost called it right Eagle 93.

I said:

Greenwood 21
Dutch Fork 17

Greenwood did leave a few touchdowns out there last night due to penalties.

Wasn't too far off. We did leave some on the field. I really wanted that td going into half to put some space in between us and them. We were right there in the red zone and then the stupid penalties pushed us way back. It worked out though. Those are fixable. I'm sure Pippin will get it fixed.

Wasn't too far off. We did leave some on the field. I really wanted that td going into half to put some space in between us and them. We were right there in the red zone and then the stupid penalties pushed us way back. It worked out though. Those are fixable. I'm sure Pippin will get it fixed.

Coach Pippin will definitely fix that and have the players ready for Dorman in 2 weeks.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT