ADVERTISEMENT

Dutch Fork vs Greenwood - Battle of the Bluff Week Zero

Disregard. Your team in RNE. Like I said, you know little about Greenwood and even less about Dorman.

Who is out for DF?.... I am 9000 miles away and not sure of who is injured. Someone mentioned injuries for the Foxes, and I am unsure of who is out and how long they will be out. Good job Greenwood. I told JB they were a top 10 team.....although I told him so was DF....haha.... might be off on that one. Although Knotts has a way of moving 2 or 3 loss regular season teams through the playoffs....peaks at the right time. If you are going to lose, lose early.

So let's hear your prediction
I don't do them. 97 will tell you I don't. My only prediction is for us to correct some mistakes, get better during this week off, invite them into JW Babb stadium and play mistake free. And get the W. We aren't a pushover. We're going to play our best.

I won't make a score prediction, but I will say this having watched Pippin teams for a few years. I saw this late in the 4th quarter once Greenwood got ahead. Pippin got conservative. He hands the game to the defense and expects them to win it. If the defense doesn't intercept the pass and score a TD the game Friday could have turned out different. I said "COULD".

He has got to develope the killer instinct to keep running the score up. Now I know that some coaches say I would never do that because it will come back and haunt you later. BS, if you ever loose momentum you "CAN" lose the game too. Point in case, Pippin was winning the game against Goose Creek 1st year he played them in the Lower State Championship. With less than 5 minutes to go he was up by more than 14 points. Goose Creek came back and beat him. Three years ago against Greenwood he was up and did the same thing. Greenwood gets the momentum scores a TD, recovers a fumble, and drives down the field where the best kicker in the State nails a long FG to seal the victory. Both times the teams that beat him went on to win the State Championship. Both times he put the brakes on and thought he had enough points.

You "NEVER" have enough points!! Keep the peddle to the floor until the whistle blows!!

Reactions: ozmoton
Can not disagree with that logic mathetes. There are times when the JVs get to have a little fun but not in the big games .

Reactions: justafan555
I agree. I've seen this with some of our coaches before Pippin. Dula used to do it too. Still a great coach though.

Reactions: mathetes
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT