ADVERTISEMENT

HOW MUCH MONEY ARE PLAYERS GETTING FOR SOFTBALL?

GS194

Two Year Starter
Jan 22, 2015
Congrats to all of the student athletes who are moving on to play at the next level! This thread is not started to undermine chasing a dream or playing at the next level. However, it seems that we never hear exactly how much money a player is getting for softball. NOT lottery money, school aid available to everyone, financial aid, academic money etc, but no kidding softball money. Not looking for names, schools would be nice, but don't really have to see that either. Grad yr, school and amount would be great. Example; 2014, UCLA 8K.

Congrats to all of the student athletes who are moving on to play at the next level! This thread is not started to undermine chasing a dream or playing at the next level. However, it seems that we never hear exactly how much money a player is getting for softball. NOT lottery money, school aid available to everyone, financial aid, academic money etc, but no kidding softball money. Not looking for names, schools would be nice, but don't really have to see that either. Grad yr, school and amount would be great. Example; 2014, UCLA 8K.
Books only to 100%. I know its not a real answer but it changes year to year. Most of those 100% deals are pitchers. Some coaches do graduated plans in some cases where the players gets 0 in year one that moves to full by graduation. Some will sign that deal just hoping it gets better. I would be shocked if any SEC/ACC type school gave a instate player more than 50% athletic money other than a pitcher. It would take a power hitting position player or a speedy player to approach the 50%. All the school stuff changes with position need, transfers etc...

Books only to 100%. I know its not a real answer but it changes year to year. Most of those 100% deals are pitchers. Some coaches do graduated plans in some cases where the players gets 0 in year one that moves to full by graduation. Some will sign that deal just hoping it gets better. I would be shocked if any SEC/ACC type school gave a instate player more than 50% athletic money other than a pitcher. It would take a power hitting position player or a speedy player to approach the 50%. All the school stuff changes with position need, transfers etc...
Will add Christian Stokes Chesterfield HS (Kentucky) as a middle infielder with a rocket arm that could hit brought good money but she is a freak type player. The coaches at Kentucky believed she was the best SS in the country in her class.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT