ADVERTISEMENT

Last Day Teaching - A Special Thought From Higher Ground

bsimpsonhg

Rookie
Oct 4, 2011
LAST DAY TEACHING SCHOOL

If you would like to receive these weekly items, FREE, please sign up online and join 8000+ others that receive them. Also, we would love for you to share these with your friends. Let us know any time we can be helpful.

HIGHER GROUND
A Thought For Tuesday
Bobby Simpson May 24, 2016 Copyright Higher Ground 2016

Today, May 24, 2016, is my last day teaching school. In the late 1960s and early 1970s, I taught three years and I returned to the classroom in 2003 for an additional twelve years. After extensive heart surgery fourteen months ago, I paused for deep reflection and, somewhat like Saul, asked God, “What do I do now?” The first book I read gave the answer. It was a gift from Susan Belflower and her family, God Loves You: He always has-He always will, by David Jeremiah. In the very first pages, and a bookoo of times since then, God clearly said, “Write.” Much of what I do now will have that as a basis. Passion is a powerful force in sports and life, so I will switch some of that passion from the classroom and field to writing and speaking. Actually, speaking is kinda like writing out loud. I will continue a lot of softball instruction, but also expand my territory. Having my life on Earth extended gives me new opportunities and more passion to Help YOU And Me Get Better Every Day. To Be Continued.

So he, trembling and astonished, said, “Lord, what do You want me to do?” Acts 9:6 NKJV

PLEASE REGISTER NOW: College Prep SELECT CAMP (June 19-24: 13 & older before 2017; resident or commuter campers) and FUTURES Day Camp (June 21-23: ages 10, 11, or 12 during 2016). Both camps are in Columbus, GA (venue of 1996 Olympic Softball). Staff includes leading hitter for 1996 USA Olympic Gold Medal Team, member of 2004 Greek Olympic Team, and college coaches. Celebrate the twentieth anniversary year of the 1996 Olympics and get exceptional instruction. You may arrive late and/or leave early. Our TEAM CAMP is in Pooler/Savannah, GA on July 18-20. Customized Clinics are available at your site. Check Camp & Clinics section online.

www.highergroundsoftball.com
bsimpson@friendlycity.net
229-392-4048

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT