ADVERTISEMENT

North Augusta vs. White Knoll

Oct 11, 2014
This is probably North Augusta's last challenge for the year. I haven't seen White Knoll yet this year, but they usually don't have enough athletes to hold up for a whole game. Do they still run the veer, wing t kind of option offense?

White Knoll a challenge for North Augusta? If they are, that says a lot more about North Augusta than it does about White Knoll. White Knoll beat Lexington. OK. What decent team hasn't rolled that bunch? Did you miss a decent, but not great, team from Fort Mill just go up and down the field at will the first week against WK? If NA cannot make quick work of WK that tells me that their playoff fortunes will end very quickly.

White Knoll hasn't beat Lexington; I think you meant North Augusta. And they were sloppy doing it in a struggle. The Lexington team has turned the ball over 20 times this year and that has to stop.

As for White Knoll and North Augusta, I think White Knoll could play with North Augusta if the Yellow Jackets continue to play like they have in several games this year.

Despite White Knoll's record, I'm not sold on them. Yes, they have rattled off five wins, but only one of those five has a winning record (Spring Valley at 4-3), so the record may be a little suspect.

I think this region is DOWN lower than it has been in a long time and I don't see North Augusta going deep in the playoffs.

NA should win, won't be pretty. They haven't done that this year. Agree with region being down. Lets not forget what's going on at Irmo either.

You are right. I didn't speak properly. For some reason I had Lexington on my mind as a WK victim as opposed to Irmo. Still, what does beating Irmo this year prove? Would be fun to see WK take NA out, but don't think it will happen. But I guess it could. Not a team in this region that I see doing any damage deep into the playoffs.

When I said challenge I meant as much of a challenge as the rest of the schedule will offer for NA.

WK is a much different team than they were week one. Defense is good against the run, pass coverage has yet to be really tested. No more wing... more of a pro-set type offense with a very good tailback that gets better as the game goes on, moves the pile forward. They get some big runs from the fullback too. If they throw ten times it's above average. Not predicting WK victory, but thought an opinion from someone that has actually seen them play might help.
This post was edited on 10/17 1:57 PM by kfh112970

While I agree White Knoll may be improved from Weeks zero and one, they really have not been tested since then; can't really use Spring Valley as a quality win in my opinion because of the injury to SV QB combined with the lack of ability to take advantage of the multitude of opportunities (turnovers) in that game.

Again, I think WK could give them a game tonight. I said on the radio show on Wednesday that North Augusta is the favorite but I would not be shocked at all if WK pulls off an upset.

it would be a mistake for NA to underestimate WK. WK is a team that could probably give anyone a test if they play solid mistake free ball. If NA has a bad night and the ball bounces funny the Timberwolves may be howling at the moon!

NA is the "I don't get any respect" Rodney Dangerfield of high school football in SC. The only two programs in AAAA ball that have had a better winning percentage over the last six years are Goose Creek and Byrnes. This years NA team is a different animal from the high scoring offensive machine of the last several years. The name of the game for NA is now defense. The NA defense can hang with anyone! NA's offense has struggled this year mainly because they were wiped out by graduation on the offensive side of the ball. They only returned two starters. The QB and one O Lineman. All four receivers from last year are now in college ball. The left tackle from last year a Shrine Bowl selection is at Ga. Tech. The NA offense is not as talented overall and with less size upfront have been a work in progress this year. The passing game has been impacted by the loss of the four WR's from last year and less solid pass protection. The NA RB's are solid and the QB is a three year starter with over 6,000 yds and over 60 TD's to his credit. All that being said the offense has struggled but is still an above average unit compared to other AAAA teams. If they continue to improve as they have they will be fine on offense.

Just like the old saying goes offense sales tickets and defense wins championships! NA will see you all after Thanksgiving!

I keep hearing about North Augusta's defense but the truth is, they haven't played any offensive juggernauts.

Originally posted by JB@Rivals:
I keep hearing about North Augusta's defense but the truth is, they haven't played any offensive juggernauts.
Fair enough JB. So who are the offensive juggernauts in Div 2 that will cause an early exit from the playoffs for NA?

Well, it won't have to be an offensive juggernaut; as sloppy as NA's offense has played, the defenses in Division II are going to be pretty dang good. If NA plays like they did against Lexington in the post-season, it will be an early exit.

But Goose Creek will be solid; York has talent on both sides of the football; Westwood will be tough with the defense they have and their offense has gotten much better as the season has gone on; South Florence will be tough; Northwestern, if they stay down in Division II when the selection is over, will be very strong. Stratford is beatable but also a dangerous team.

Originally posted by JB@Rivals:
Well, it won't have to be an offensive juggernaut; as sloppy as NA's offense has played, the defenses in Division II are going to be pretty dang good. If NA plays like they did against Lexington in the post-season, it will be an early exit.

But Goose Creek will be solid; York has talent on both sides of the football; Westwood will be tough with the defense they have and their offense has gotten much better as the season has gone on; South Florence will be tough; Northwestern, if they stay down in Division II when the selection is over, will be very strong. Stratford is beatable but also a dangerous team.
GC and NW will as always be tough. York, S Florence, and Stratford should also be ok. Westwood????? They are 7-0 and undefeated, but are playing the ultimate cupcake schedule. The teams they have beat are a combined 14-28! The team with the best record is a mediocre 2A team that is 5-3. If any team will not make it past the first round it will be Westwood.

NA did struggle against Lexington, the team that was picked to win the region, but still won at their house. Like I said, NA will see you all after Thanksgiving!

Must tip my hat to White Knoll. I didn't think they would win, but they did. But as I said earlier, I think that game may say more about NA than about WK. This appears to be a regiant where just about anyone outside of South Aiken can win on any night.

I think you have to give a slight edge in the region to WK with South Aiken coming to the Wolf Den this week, which SHOULD be a W. Then you look at a split in the last 2 against River Bluff and Lexington to assure at least a tie. I have a feeling regardless of what happens against RB, that Lexington - WK game could be for the region, or a WK win would win it outright at least. If Lex, NA, and WK all finish with 1 loss, to each other, what is that regions tiebreaker?

Congrats to White Knoll on the region championship! I've always believed that the T-Wolves have the blue collar environment and area to excel in football. They won't be good in basketball or some of the club sports but they have a chance to be the best football school in Lex. 1. Good job!

ADVERTISEMENT