ADVERTISEMENT

Top teams in South Carolina

scgaconnection

All-State Pick
Feb 9, 2009
Top teams for 2013-2014 that could compete in a major tournament in Georgia-
Teams with at least 2-3 mid/high major D1 players and can travel.
Maybe even some solid D2 guys as well
I know gaffney obviously will have probably the highest rated player but what about spring valley or hillcrest or Keenan?

Wade Hampton High should be in this category this year. Several Sophs and Jrs will be mid/high major kids this season.

Which Wade Hampton? Cant be the Generals in Greenville they dont have one D1 prospect but solid program.

Irmo has a solid d1 prospect in 6'8 javis howard. Already has several offers including Marshall,Georgia state and Winthrop with interest from VCU, and St Joes. Plus they have several kids who will emerge as division 2 possible low level division 1 players. They also have one of the best rising fresh pg in the southeast (according to several recruiting sites). A kid named Devantae Shuler. Keep an eye out for him. Plus they went undefeated and finished ranked 12th in the country this yr. Montverde has already inivited them to their xmas tourny.
This post was edited on 4/22 10:58 AM by DaCocks23

Wade Hampton has a lot of talent returning from their last year's playoff team. But I don't know if I'd throw them in the top teams in the state category. I know they have rising junior 6'7 post player Jaylen Williams returning, who may be a D1 prospect. Also, they have a very good point guard returning in rising junior Cam Allen. Not sure he's D1, but definitely a college prospect. I just see it being real tough for WH next year, especially in a region with the likes of Gaffney, Dorman, and Spartanburg.

I would agree your comments Jaylen is much better and is putting in work should be D1. Cam Allen too should go D1 as he is also young the program is great as Nance always have his teams perdorming higher than the writers have them ranked First year in 4A, made platoffs... Should look out as they have lots of good young talented players in the wings

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT