ADVERTISEMENT

What could have been for the Ville...

http://www.postandcourier.com/article/20150910/PC20/150919956

Younger brother is also a QB and seems intent on playing at AR as well.
QB is not the only issue at the Ville as the QB seems to be holding his own, but a 6-5, 225 strong arm QB would have surely helped.
Not bad for a kid his rec coaches told would never be anything but a lineman. If little brother goes to AR, which I believe is the school he's zoned for, you can thank an arrogant Summerville supporter for that. When little brother chose to get ready for football instead of playing baseball this summer he was told "I'll see to it you don't see the field at Summerville." To each his own...best of luck to him and his team.

Duncan "family" is zoned for Summerville. Older brother received permission to attend AR, younger brother attends Gregg Middle which shares a campus with Summerville.

#4 for the wave has been just fine and is getting better every week. He's way more mobile and does a great job finding receivers on the run. He just needs to hold on to the ball better.We also have a freshman QB that's been impressive from what I hear. The staff just prefers he stay on the JV and get some experience.

Boy these fans won't let it die will they...I've heard little brother is a better "Athlete" then big brother. When I say athlete I am not saying QB I am saying overall "Athlete" all around.
That sounds about right for a Summerville person to say that too. My question is this the article states Duncan started at Ashley Ridge and went to Porter Gaud why did he need special permission to go back to a school he started at??? I don't see where it said he attended Summerville? But then again don't know the whole story either and how did the Duncan "Family" get around it to begin with if they were zoned from the beginning for Summerville? Wonder if Summerville goes after little brother or lets him just go to AR too. Should be interesting to see how this plays out.

What I'm hearing about DD2 is kids can transfer to any of the 3 schools provided they have their own transportation. The district has both AD'S approval and then the school district has to sign off on it and the player has to stay at the school for at least a calendar year.

Agree, #4 seems to be doing fine job.
As for transfers. District must approve transfer and there must be a requirement. Horticulture program at AR meets requirement as it is not offered at Summerville. Several other similar programs in district. D linemen from Summerville recently went to Fort D. Once district approves, both principles must approve to make them eligible for sports. From there, paperwork sent to SCHSL. Must stay a yr or not eligible to school they left as stated above. Duncan never attended Summerville. Lots of talk about him attending, but never did.

So really the question is can Summerville do a better job recruiting little brother then they did big brother? But in reality seems like if kid wants to attend a different school like the Summerville kid did all it takes is another school offering what the zoned school doesn't have. Also from what you say GS194 that sounds like what most school district do anyway

#4 for the wave has been just fine and is getting better every week. He's way more mobile and does a great job finding receivers on the run. He just needs to hold on to the ball better.We also have a freshman QB that's been impressive from what I hear. The staff just prefers he stay on the JV and get some experience.
I have been pleasantly surprised what Hunter has done in the few games he has QB'd. He appears to be comfortable in his position and is throwing better. I just wish he wouldn't throw on the run as much as he does. He has become a scrappy QB, and sans injury, will get better as the OL improves and he improves. Just get the ball to Burnett #13 more.

#9 seems to be a very competent receiver as well.throwing on the run is a have to .we haven't been blocking very well.Felder is a beast.shore the line up. Everything else is there.sans kicking.
What I'm hearing about DD2 is kids can transfer to any of the 3 schools provided they have their own transportation. The district has both AD'S approval and then the school district has to sign off on it and the player has to stay at the school for at least a calendar year.
yes my daughter thought about transferring to ridge or the ville.we explored it.we had a situation with a teacher at fort that made some inapropriate comments to her.he was let go.all she had to do was take the car and go to which ever school.I preferred Summerville.due to Del mar being a dangerous road IMHO.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT