ADVERTISEMENT

illegal scrimmage in the upstate

The 'recruiting' stuff is ridiculous. It's not recruiting to want to go to a successful program.

So, how is it supposed to go down, in your delusional mind? A kid grows up in youth wrestling with Eastside Youth Wrestling, makes best friends with other kids in the program and wants to grow up to be an eastside wrestler. Uh oh, turns out he is zoned for TR, or BR, or Byrnes.

You're saying that kid, even though he has been involved with Eastside for 7+ years, and could legally get special permission to go to Eastside if he so chooses, has to go to TR/BR/Byrnes or else he is a recruit? has to throw away 7+ years of relationships and everything to wrestle for a program that can't fill a line-up? (sorry, no offense TR/BR/Byrnes)

Or else some people in Greenville will be weally weally sad? They might even go create a username and post that Eastside are bullies! OH no!

Gimme a break. Nobody is recruiting these kids. You know why kids want to go to Eastside to wrestle? Check the trophy case. Check the quality of wrestling that is taught there.

Last edited:
Reactions: countykid
Eaglehater - the hugs are optional!!! So you know - we have been disciplined for the infraction. For those buying into this - its like a fire - stop feeding it and it goes out. Eaglehater - you coach your team - let us coach ours. Luckily we never face each other but if you would like inbox me and I will place you on our schedule - we love wrestling you guys!!! I have to go now and comfort Ole Mav, and the others from their cyber bullying!!!!

I just wanted to voice my opinion because I do have a dog in this fight. From what I have read the discussion was exact rules were not followed (and the rule was dumb but still a rule) and there should be consequences so everyone will learn to follow rules. #1 I am a mom so no mom bashing...moms do TONS for this sport. #2 My son wrestled at State at 106lbs.(Jordie won that championship hands down) #3 My son was the only kid from his school to qualify for state. His practices consisted of wrestlers who had already graduated and an assistant coach kicking his behind daily and no one weighing any less than 140lbs. We followed rules because they are printed to be followed. The rule is stupid...it would have been beneficial to my kid to have another practice partner from a 4A school...one he wouldn't have at State. #4 There should be consequences for breaking rules even if they are dumb ones. BUT NEVER should any medals be taken away. Jordie White would have won 106lbs with or without 50 scrimmage-practices before the championships. He has worked since before he could spell wrestling to earn the right to be a High School State Champ. School choice is not an option where we live...but if I needed to move in order to help my kid be the best he could be, at what he loves most... I would. That's not recruiting. That's caring.

I'm old Eaglehater - I've already forgotten what you asked me - something about counting scholarships. I don't have that info - but here's a couple of numbers I have - 66 Individual State Champions, 11 Team State Championships, 24 straight Region Championships... Now that I've typed it out - if I wasn't part of this family (which is what it truly is) I'd be jealous too.

Reactions: Old Mav
"Don't call it a comeback, I've been here for years" "Yeah Baby" I'm back.

Eaglehater, I agree with you all those assistant coaches at Eastside should be fired. Especially that dleader character, he/she is NG.

Oh wait a minute. You can't fire people who DONATE their time, their experience, and their love of the sport of wrestling. AND by the way the only payment those Assistants receive is the satisfaction of seeing hard working young men achieve the goals that they set for themselves.

And speaking from experience, that is a reward like none other. And that reward is not just Championships. One of my fondest memories as an coach is not winning a state championship, but watching a state championship team but aside their individual and team goals to cheer for and be genuinely excited for a senior backup (who never started in 4 years), who would win last match that he would ever wrestle. I hope that you yourself have had the opportunity to experience that and if not I hope you will have that experience at some point in your life. I think that type of experience will help you understand that instead of focusing on the negative and things you can't control, it is better to focus on the things right in front of you that mean the most.

I'm not going to hide behind a screen name, my name is Nancy Augustine and I have two kids who will be attending Eastside High School next year (Go Eagles). Just because my boys are zoned for TR doesn't make us DevilDogs. My boys have been Eagles since they were 5 years old. We didn't make the decision to change schools solely for wrestling. Eastside is one of the most academically strong schools in our State, they have a sports medicine program that one of my kids is very interested in and they have a great faculty all around. I'm thankful that we have a choice program in Greenville County but if we didn't we would of moved into the zone for Eastside anyway. As parents you make the choices for your kids to give them the best opportunities possible.

I'm sad that all this is happening on a message board and that a grown man or woman feels it necessary to attack someone over wrestling. If you don't like something be a voice for change in a way that you may actually accomplish something besides division.

Reactions: swutiger
Eaglehater....

There is so much fodder in your posts it's hard to know where to start. They do provide tremendous entertainment if nothing else.

First let me say that I don't work at Eastside any longer. I taught and coached there from 2009 to 2011 before I changed careers and moved to Knoxville and now back to Greenville. I haven't been to a wrestling practice since 2012. So the assertion that I'm one of Koz's assistants is false. Check your facts. I did bring my son to the state tournament to watch but my time was spent in the stands, not in a corner.

I am very proud to say that I was the coach of Eastside Youth Wrestling in the time that I taught at EHS. I got th privilege to coach Zane, Jordie, the Augustines, the Maholtzs, and many other studs I hope to see in the Eastside lineup one day. Their successes are the result of their own hard work and the other coaches who were/are part of the youth program. I had very little to do with it.

I won't apologize for the culture that was built in the youth program and the high school program. It was built long before me, I happily perpetuated it, and it has continued without me. These boys spend years together going to practices and tournaments. The time and adversity and experience make them a tight knit group that wants to stay together for the long haul. No discussions around their high school plans have to happen. The kids want to go to school down the road with their teammates.

Could some other schools have gotten some tough kids had some of these boys gone to where they were originally zoned or not moved? Yep. But school choice in the upstate is legal and lottery based. And those schools could also create their own youth programs and farm their own studs in as well. My guess is, you are a coach of a local school in Greenville who wants to reap the rewards of seeds sown by others before you, particularly the young men themselves. If so, that's lazy and entitled.

As far as hiding behind a screen name, it has nothing to do with meeting up with you to trade blows. It has everything to do with the stones it takes to talk trash the way you have on a message board. It's unlikely that you would speak that way without the condition of anonymity. And if you're unwilling to sign your name but continue to bash the way you do, it's cowardice.

Ultimately, Eastside wrestling has elevated the level of the sport in South Carolina. If you wiped the program out completely today, the sport would be worse off, not better. Those, like you, who believe otherwise are the vast minority.

Daniel Leader

I have a question. Doesn't Greenville County have magnet high schools? You know, the ones where any student in Greenville County, who can arrange their own transportation, can attend if accepted for specialty courses at Carolina High School - Academy of Engineering and Health Professions, Greenville Senior High Academy - Law, Finance, and Business, J.L. Mann Academy - Math, Science and Technology and Southside High - International Baccalaureate and Diploma Programs?

OH MY GOD! The brain drain has begun. How many Valedictorians and Salutatorians will not be at their schools this year? How many potential National Merit Scholarship winners will those schools lose out on?

Give me a break.

Ya..... I'm back suckers...... So how's the recruiting working out for the baby eagles? Not really impressed so far from what I hear..... poor babies......Let's get to some issues for this coming year.

1. Ref's.... don't be a sucker and be scared of ye ole Kozzzzzzzz.....you're men so act like it and call his matches correctly. Stop being his bitches!!!!! Got it?

2. Eagles- stop thinking you're above the rules. Abide by them. Follow them. Only a putz thinks they can do what they want and get away with it.

3. All of you wimpy ass Greenville coaches shouldn't be scared of the Koz. Make him accountable for his actions. Reach down, detect your manhood and keep their cheating asses in check. Such wimps.

Now I think I'll keep this thread going so some of you wimps will possibly voice your opinions of some of the bullshit going on in this sorry ass state with wrestling. Recruitment in our county, piss poor refs that thinks they know it all and don't and the fact that this state gets their ass whipped when it wrestles other states. Let's get more issues on the board. I've started with the eagles. Anyone else care to chime in? Stop being such P@$$?$. Speak your mind here. Wimps!!!

Ps....Tattoo68??? Wtf? Really? I bet your happy you have spell check on that pad. I would say IPad , but I'm sure you just have a pad.

Ok. So who's next?

Forever and faithfully yours,

I am the Eaglehater000

I hear the team is pretty weak, overrated and lazy. Some of those new recruits will be sitting the bench. Daddy is coaching and he won't let his kids sit the bench.

If the so called best team can't win by the rules then they really aren't the best team are they? If rules are broken their must be a punishment. Me personally i think it should be legal to practice or compete whenever...wherever. As a state we are behind in Wrestling by only letting wrestlers get better during a short period of time hurts us on the High School and College level. Yes smaller schools wouldn't have as many wrestlers work all year around but they only compete against small schools for titles. Just my opinion and you know what they say about opinions.

Reactions: marginalobserver
The 113/120 pounder from Dorman couldn't wrestle his state match because of a weight entry error. So basically it was against the rules so he wasn't eligible. Not any fault of his own. He would have been the 113lb state champ. So if a coach intentionally breaks the rules then a harsh punishment is well deserved.
You should be careful arguing that anyone who did not compete "would have been the State Champ." Your argument makes no sense. The Dorman kid's coach, Chad Singleton, who is an absolutely excellent coach, broke the rules and his wrestler was punished. Dorman as a team was still allowed to compete in the post season, and ultimately win a state title having previously cheated. Coach Singleton was not punished.

Wildgreco - ultimately if a school gets their hand slapped for this or even gets their state title stripped, would you really feel like you guys were state champs? If so, fill out your own bracket however chose. Everyone will know who won the match.

Maybe they get banned from the post season the following year and your team wins state. is that better than actually beating the best team?? Come on. The sport is about man to man competition, not crying foul about a handful of extra kids at a practice two weeks after the team title has been decided.
Agree 100%. Thats still ultimately kids putting in extra to get better. The rule should be changed. Programs doing everything they can in the off season to win when the time rolls around should not be punished. Ultimately, if the rule was broken, punishment is necessary. However, there is absolutely on denying who was, and likely remains, the better team.

You should be careful arguing that anyone who did not compete "would have been the State Champ." Your argument makes no sense. The Dorman kid's coach, Chad Singleton, who is an absolutely excellent coach, broke the rules and his wrestler was punished. Dorman as a team was still allowed to compete in the post season, and ultimately win a state title having previously cheated. Coach Singleton was not punished.

Marginal, you make a very good point to this entire discussion while taking my post out of context. I wasn't at all bashing the Dorman coach. I think as a coach he has a great amount of integrity. He did the right thing and what happened with his wrestler was an accident and not at all intentional. I think we agree on that. Although they competed as as team and his wrestler wrestled in the "legal" weight class, his wrestler couldn't compete as an individual.

This post was started by someone that brought to the attention of everyone that Eastside had an illegal scrimmage for their individual state. Some argue that it's a silly rule and I believe they are right. It shouldn't be in the rule book, but it is. Some argue that it's a rule and should be followed. So my thoughts are this, why punish one wrestler for a coaches mistake and not punish multiple wrestlers for an intentional act of breaking a rule set forth by the SC school board by a coach? I would think they made that rule. I don't know who did it. Is that still a rule? Has it been removed? To maintain control you must be consistent. I think the school board or whom ever made the decisions this past year got it wrong and wasn't consistent and there for lost credibility for our sport. Wouldn't you agree?

I do stand by my statement that Aquino would have won the 113lb weight class in 4A last year. That's just a fact. I'm not sure how I should be careful making that argument. As the other person said, just my opinion. I do hope we all have a fun wrestling season without the bullshit.

If memory serves me correctly (I'm old so maybe it doesn't) Aquino was not certified for 113. The reason he could not wrestle in upper state and state was because he wrestled the region tournament at 113. So he didn't qualify for upper state at 120 (his certified min. weight). It was not so much a punishment that was handed down as it was the fact he didn't qualify.

Ya..... I'm back suckers...... So how's the recruiting working out for the baby eagles? Not really impressed so far from what I hear..... poor babies......Let's get to some issues for this coming year.

1. Ref's.... don't be a sucker and be scared of ye ole Kozzzzzzzz.....you're men so act like it and call his matches correctly. Stop being his bitches!!!!! Got it?

2. Eagles- stop thinking you're above the rules. Abide by them. Follow them. Only a putz thinks they can do what they want and get away with it.

3. All of you wimpy ass Greenville coaches shouldn't be scared of the Koz. Make him accountable for his actions. Reach down, detect your manhood and keep their cheating asses in check. Such wimps.

Now I think I'll keep this thread going so some of you wimps will possibly voice your opinions of some of the bullshit going on in this sorry ass state with wrestling. Recruitment in our county, piss poor refs that thinks they know it all and don't and the fact that this state gets their ass whipped when it wrestles other states. Let's get more issues on the board. I've started with the eagles. Anyone else care to chime in? Stop being such P@$$?$. Speak your mind here. Wimps!!!

Ps....Tattoo68??? Wtf? Really? I bet your happy you have spell check on that pad. I would say IPad , but I'm sure you just have a pad.

Ok. So who's next?

Forever and faithfully yours,

I am the Eaglehater000

Issue #1: After your 8 month hiatus, please fill us in on your personal efforts to progress the sport in our state.

We all wait with bated breath.

Marginal, you make a very good point to this entire discussion while taking my post out of context. I wasn't at all bashing the Dorman coach. I think as a coach he has a great amount of integrity. He did the right thing and what happened with his wrestler was an accident and not at all intentional. I think we agree on that. Although they competed as as team and his wrestler wrestled in the "legal" weight class, his wrestler couldn't compete as an individual.

This post was started by someone that brought to the attention of everyone that Eastside had an illegal scrimmage for their individual state. Some argue that it's a silly rule and I believe they are right. It shouldn't be in the rule book, but it is. Some argue that it's a rule and should be followed. So my thoughts are this, why punish one wrestler for a coaches mistake and not punish multiple wrestlers for an intentional act of breaking a rule set forth by the SC school board by a coach? I would think they made that rule. I don't know who did it. Is that still a rule? Has it been removed? To maintain control you must be consistent. I think the school board or whom ever made the decisions this past year got it wrong and wasn't consistent and there for lost credibility for our sport. Wouldn't you agree?

I do stand by my statement that Aquino would have won the 113lb weight class in 4A last year. That's just a fact. I'm not sure how I should be careful making that argument. As the other person said, just my opinion. I do hope we all have a fun wrestling season without the bullshit.
Totally agree! The rule is stupid... but if it is a rule, it should be followed. Same page 100%. I'd still challenge your statement about Aquino. I think the B Springs kid -- who is wrestling D1 for Gardener Webb right now -- could wrestle with/would now likely wreck Aquino. Their matches were also 2-3, 2-1, 4-3 type bouts. Im just saying it doesnt seem entirely fair to say the kid who won wouldnt have had a chance.

But the important debate here is the rule-breaking one... And again. I agree with you. The bullshit will always likely insert itself.

Eaglehater....

There is so much fodder in your posts it's hard to know where to start. They do provide tremendous entertainment if nothing else.

First let me say that I don't work at Eastside any longer. I taught and coached there from 2009 to 2011 before I changed careers and moved to Knoxville and now back to Greenville. I haven't been to a wrestling practice since 2012. So the assertion that I'm one of Koz's assistants is false. Check your facts. I did bring my son to the state tournament to watch but my time was spent in the stands, not in a corner.

I am very proud to say that I was the coach of Eastside Youth Wrestling in the time that I taught at EHS. I got th privilege to coach Zane, Jordie, the Augustines, the Maholtzs, and many other studs I hope to see in the Eastside lineup one day. Their successes are the result of their own hard work and the other coaches who were/are part of the youth program. I had very little to do with it.

I won't apologize for the culture that was built in the youth program and the high school program. It was built long before me, I happily perpetuated it, and it has continued without me. These boys spend years together going to practices and tournaments. The time and adversity and experience make them a tight knit group that wants to stay together for the long haul. No discussions around their high school plans have to happen. The kids want to go to school down the road with their teammates.

Could some other schools have gotten some tough kids had some of these boys gone to where they were originally zoned or not moved? Yep. But school choice in the upstate is legal and lottery based. And those schools could also create their own youth programs and farm their own studs in as well. My guess is, you are a coach of a local school in Greenville who wants to reap the rewards of seeds sown by others before you, particularly the young men themselves. If so, that's lazy and entitled.

As far as hiding behind a screen name, it has nothing to do with meeting up with you to trade blows. It has everything to do with the stones it takes to talk trash the way you have on a message board. It's unlikely that you would speak that way without the condition of anonymity. And if you're unwilling to sign your name but continue to bash the way you do, it's cowardice.

Ultimately, Eastside wrestling has elevated the level of the sport in South Carolina. If you wiped the program out completely today, the sport would be worse off, not better. Those, like you, who believe otherwise are the vast minority.

Daniel Leader
You're the man.

The Dorman 113 thing was a clerical error. When the AD, Athletic Trainer or whoever put in the weight certification information, they typed a number incorrectly, which caused the wrestler to be ineligible for the 113 weight class. The only mistake Coach Singleton made was not checking behind the person to make sure everything was inputted correctly. He feels terrible about the situation. This was a mistake only, nothing else.

No one will probably even read this but....When I first started coaching I had a stubborn 285, wouldn't listen to a word i said. He was a senior, a little spoiled (hard to believe) and an athletic farm boy. We had a total of 10 kids on our team.
My HS coach told me that if we qualified anyone out of regions, we could train with them for sectionals and state. His teams usually qualified around 8. My 285 pinned his in the finals of regions, putting him on the other side of the bracket from the #2 guy in the state for sectionals. My old coach kept good on his word, allowing my 285 (our only qualifier) to train with them. His coaching staff included many of my old teammates. I let my guy know that he was going to train with them for the next week to prep for sectionals and state but only if he agreed to bring his smile and pack a big lunch, because they train like champs (much like eastside). He agreed and he trained like i never saw him before. I received so many compliments from their team, parents and my old coach about his work ethic and attitude. They rallied behind him and I didn't have to speak a word to him. He went on to pin the the #2 guy in the finals of sectionals, made it to the finals of state and was the only wrestler to go the distance with the #1 285 in the the state (2 time state champ and U of IL foot ball scholarship winner). School history was made with our first WR state place winner.

No one reported it, no one was reprimanded, disciplined or even spoken to. I thanked my old coach for making me look good. He thanked me for bringing him in the room. Said he brought his whole team up.

my $.02

Last edited:
Reactions: swutiger
YES, IT IS STARTING AGAIN! Thank you Eaglehater000 and everyone commenting for making this sad board entertaining again. I just love how we keep beating the horse we ate last spring. Please keep it up all season!! Dammit, ran out of popcorn....

The folks in the upstate are fortunate, their kids are only 2 hours away from facilities like the Compound or Wrestling Academy. There their kids can roll around with a bunch of studs and get some solid instruction and there would be no violation of any HS rules. The large percentage of studs that come out of GA every year weren't built in the HS wrestling room, they were built in one of those training centers under the guidance of those coaches, when they get to HS, all the coach has to do is just help put the finishing touches on. All wrestlers in SC , youth to HS, lack quality training opportunities outside of their youth club or HS wrestling room. If the upstate had a facility , those kids could have trained together with no issue, and that would certainly improve the level of wrestling in every HS or youth room in the area.

Last edited:
Reactions: WandoWarrior
Yes....I am another Eaglehater. After watching the matches at the slam this weekend I agree with Eaglehater000.

I created this account today just because of what I saw this weekend. I think it's important to continue to call out the BS in our state and county so this type of buddy buddy coach/refs can come to an end. It's a shame that great schools travel a long distance to wrestle a tournament only to wrestle their opponent, coaches and refs!!!

1- eagles may have been fined for last year but you idiots let one coach be your patsy and let him lose his job. You guys are morons!!! You know what I'm talking about.

2- it's makes me happy eagles didn't win but Buford are the real champs in my opinion. Archer is just another team like the eagles who steal and take from the rest of the county.

3- a wrestlers character is defined by his family and coaches. Eagles you have a bunch of entitled babies on your team and you know it. It made me sick to see the childish behavior of most of your team. The other families noticed it also. Just an FYI.

4- I saw so many one sided calls for the eagles by the refs. I call it cheating. That's just ridiculous. SC, if you will use this board to tell all the cheating and bring it out in the open, the buddy buddy shit will end and we will have good refs to call our matches. That way when we wrestle the eagles, we don't wrestle the refs also. The head ref of SC needs to pull his head from the cozy ass of the eagles and resign so a decent person can fill that position.

5- more kids recruited from our county and didn't help you at all.

6-there are many more family's that feel this way. This board will not be controlled by the buddy system so no one has to know who you are. You can tell everything you see about coaches, refs and wrestlers. The more people see and hear the better our state wrestling program becomes. That's just fact.

We as Greenville county will put a stop to this. If you can't do it the right way, we will make sure you have to look for another job.

We are the Eaglehaters222!!!!!!!

Can we please get off of this topic. What happened, happened. As far as I'm concerned the only team title that was not "tainted" last year was A-AA. And eagle haters, if Greenville county wanted to stop what was going on they wouldn't allow registration to be the way it is. Why do people want to wrestle for Koz? Because he can push out talented guys who can win state titles. They don't need to go out and recruit because people come to them. Second.. you do realize that the coach at Buford was the coach at Archer right??? So complementing Buford but hating on Archer is kind of like shooting yourself in the foot buddy. You guys are more arrogant that than you are intelligent.
You make a case that people are getting disgusted with Eastside. Why do people hate the Yankees, or the Cowboys, or Miami in the 80's... because they won.
Do I like Eastside, no not at all I cant stand them. But your arguments are outrageous and prove to the community as a whole that you have no idea what you are talking about.

I agree Newton. From what I hear this happened after team duels. So it is what it is. But......As I stated before, Aquino couldn't wrestle in the state tournament because of a staff error. He (the wrestler) was punished for that. All of this from a clerical error...So if "coaches" break the rules intentionally, the end result are the wrestlers/teams will/should be punished. The rule has been set. How can you punish one wrestler for a staff mistake and not punish wrestlers for an intentional violation of SCHSL rules by the staff? Yep, it's a bad thing to say but can't deny that consistency is what drives good rules and laws. The SCHSL can't bend the rules for a few and expect the rest of the state to do as they say. So the "good ole boy" group should be treated just like the rest of the state. So....I say strip the individual winners of their titles, hand them down to the 2nd placers and this wont happen again. That's for sure. Many of you won't agree with that statement. BUT.... In all fairness, it happen to Aquino. The only problem is....HE DIDN'T GET TO WRESTLE!!!! AND YES...HE WOULD HAVE WON THAT CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH.
Look dude, I was a proponent to allow Aquino to wrestle. He did nothing and he deserved to wrestle. But man stop saying that he was a lock to win. This is so disrespectful to Hofer, this kid was in a zone and wrestled his heart out. I'm not so sure that he would have beaten Arturo and we will never know so unless you have a time machine don't bring that crap back up.

I always find it interesting when nameless, faceless alleged adults take to the internet to call 15 to 18 year old children "babies."

Yes....I am another Eaglehater. After watching the matches at the slam this weekend I agree with Eaglehater000.

I created this account today just because of what I saw this weekend. I think it's important to continue to call out the BS in our state and county so this type of buddy buddy coach/refs can come to an end. It's a shame that great schools travel a long distance to wrestle a tournament only to wrestle their opponent, coaches and refs!!!

1- eagles may have been fined for last year but you idiots let one coach be your patsy and let him lose his job. You guys are morons!!! You know what I'm talking about.

2- it's makes me happy eagles didn't win but Buford are the real champs in my opinion. Archer is just another team like the eagles who steal and take from the rest of the county.

3- a wrestlers character is defined by his family and coaches. Eagles you have a bunch of entitled babies on your team and you know it. It made me sick to see the childish behavior of most of your team. The other families noticed it also. Just an FYI.

4- I saw so many one sided calls for the eagles by the refs. I call it cheating. That's just ridiculous. SC, if you will use this board to tell all the cheating and bring it out in the open, the buddy buddy shit will end and we will have good refs to call our matches. That way when we wrestle the eagles, we don't wrestle the refs also. The head ref of SC needs to pull his head from the cozy ass of the eagles and resign so a decent person can fill that position.

6-there are many more family's that feel this way. This board will not be controlled by the buddy system so no one has to know who you are. You can tell everything you see about coaches, refs and wrestlers. The more people see and hear the better our state wrestling program becomes. That's just fact.

We as Greenville county will put a stop to this. If you can't do it the right way, we will make sure you have to look for another job.

Reactions: revfrank4
Look dude, I was a proponent to allow Aquino to wrestle. He did nothing and he deserved to wrestle. But man stop saying that he was a lock to win. This is so disrespectful to Hofer, this kid was in a zone and wrestled his heart out. I'm not so sure that he would have beaten Arturo and we will never know so unless you have a time machine don't bring that crap back up.

Wando, you know what they say about opinions, right? I had this same discussion with marginal already. I wasn't even going to address this or even bring it up again. The thing is, marginal and I had a decent discussion on this and I agree with him but I do stand by what I said. Remember what I said about opinions..... The majority of the discussions on this board are just that, opinions. But, to tell me to not bring that crap back up is just ridiculous as we all are entitled to our opinions on this message board. If you don't like my opinion, then tough shit, get over it. It's still just my opinion so don't try to be mr big chest and tell me not to bring it back up. Because I will DUDE......

Just one more hater to love!

Reactions: WandoWarrior
Just for the record, if a kid wants to attend a school because that's their choice...this is not recruiting...fyi. Christ Church gets guys who want to play football and get a great education. JL mann gets baseball players and so forth and so on. If you ever met Principal Thorn at EHS, it wouldn't take you too long to want to send your kid there...wrestling or no wrestling!

Can we please get off of this topic. What happened, happened. As far as I'm concerned the only team title that was not "tainted" last year was A-AA. And eagle haters, if Greenville county wanted to stop what was going on they wouldn't allow registration to be the way it is. Why do people want to wrestle for Koz? Because he can push out talented guys who can win state titles. They don't need to go out and recruit because people come to them. Second.. you do realize that the coach at Buford was the coach at Archer right??? So complementing Buford but hating on Archer is kind of like shooting yourself in the foot buddy. You guys are more arrogant that than you are intelligent.
You make a case that people are getting disgusted with Eastside. Why do people hate the Yankees, or the Cowboys, or Miami in the 80's... because they won.
Do I like Eastside, no not at all I cant stand them. But your arguments are outrageous and prove to the community as a whole that you have no idea what you are talking about.

Hey Richard,

It wasn't a secrete that coach bueglas moved to Buford. It's even posted in the slam thread back in the later part of november so anyone that keeps up with the areas wrestling keeps up with this, OK? How can you compare the low class eagles to an NFL or MLB team? are you saying they pay kids to come to their school? they steal from our entire county to make up a team and rub everyones noses in it with their smug smile. We are tired of it.

And by the way, my comment on how bad the ref's were at the slam, was backed up with a post in the slam thread. so kiss it.

Yet again.... if "everyone" in Greenville was tire of it... they would change the open enrollment... simple as that.

Wando, you know what they say about opinions, right? I had this same discussion with marginal already. I wasn't even going to address this or even bring it up again. The thing is, marginal and I had a decent discussion on this and I agree with him but I do stand by what I said. Remember what I said about opinions..... The majority of the discussions on this board are just that, opinions. But, to tell me to not bring that crap back up is just ridiculous as we all are entitled to our opinions on this message board. If you don't like my opinion, then tough shit, get over it. It's still just my opinion so don't try to be mr big chest and tell me not to bring it back up. Because I will DUDE......

Also keep in mind that Brotemarkle of Fort Mill beat Aquino at the 2015 Slam. And Nick Murray was a handful for everyone once he dropped to 113. It was a fun, competitive weight to watch, but Hofer really did go on a tear at the end of the year and deserved to bring home the title.

Also keep in mind that Brotemarkle of Fort Mill beat Aquino at the 2015 Slam. And Nick Murray was a handful for everyone once he dropped to 113. It was a fun, competitive weight to watch, but Hofer really did go on a tear at the end of the year and deserved to bring home the title.

Just to be clear, I was pulling for Nick Murray in that match. I watched it. Was a good match.

Who exactly are these recruits? I can think of two kids on special permission (both of whom wrestled in the youth program). We moved from Byrnes to Eastside because of our employment situation and yes wrestling (maybe that makes us recruits). If Jordie were a football player we would have probably left him at Byrnes (better program at the time sorry Eagles) but he got really connected to the youth program and Eastside clearly has a better wrestling program (sorry Rebels). Wrestling actually became part of Jordie's socialization at Eastside and where he has personally flourished beyond wrestling . He is extremely relational and we really think it was dleader who has had the single most significant impact on our son's wrestling (not only do they look alike they similar personalities and leader really knew how to connect with him). Maybe that counts as dleader recruiting us.

From a skill standpoint I truly think my kid would be just as successful a wrestler no matter where he went to school. There are plenty of hammers who came from small programs. The thing that no one can understand if you are not directly associated with eastside wrestling is the culture and connections of all involved. No one recruited us we joined.

As far as Koz conducting an illegal scrimmage/practice/being the shooter on the grassy knoll, Id bet the practice (if said practice did occur) was to help the other team more so than Eastside. Koz doesen't need anyone of you/them/us as practice partners to put together champions. The two individual State Champions on the team drilled with each other all year.

And lastly. Koz may be a jack ass to you but he his awesome with my kid, that makes him my favorite jack ass. dleader you are relegated to being second seat jack ass.

So I have to ask. may not be my business, if it's not please just say so. Do you still live in Spartanburg County? What is special permission and from whom? When you say employment, do you work for Eastside or do you just drive by on your way to work somewhere else? Since you brought it up, I would just like to know. The reason I'm asking is because of a response in the transfer thread. Plus I want to "transfer" my kid to another school in another county since I can get him there easily after this year. Does open enrollment mean county to county or just inside the county you live in?

We are zoned for Eastside and have been for years. Prior to that Jordie went to Northwood Middle on special permission when I taught High School in Greenville County. I'm nowhere near qualified to advise on the ins and outs of transfers and elegibility.

Well now........it's about time to get this one back to the top. Who will be the one this year? Eastside? Westside? Who will get away with breaking the rules again? Let's stay tuned and keep our eyes open. I hear there's something happening soon. Or did I just ruin that plan?

FOR I am the REAL eaglehater222

And if you don't like it....Talk to swu.....he needs a friend.

Reactions: Old Mav
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT