ADVERTISEMENT

Jobs

This is football legend Bobby Boucher. I'm interested in becoming a high school football coach. Would one of you washed up coaches please tell me what a good job would be in SC. I would prefer somewhere with very good water.

Reactions: RDTiger13
Waccamaw's next coach is already on staff (their DC), will not go outside of that...probably will not even advertise it....its the Georgetown Co. way

Gordon Walters. That's probably who ends up with. Besides, who really wants it
Coach Walters will do a great job. I hope that he gets it if he wants it. He really knows how to turn a team around quickly. That is one thing that the double wing can do. When he was at White Knoll, it gave them a chance against teams that were vastly more athletic yet undisciplined.

I think he's saying you have to deal with kids living at the beach and battling the leisure and money-making activities they have as opposed to playing football.

Gordon Walters & it does not matter what you run at Waccamaw they will never win consistently as the other 3 county teams because you have to fight that big sand box in Pawley's

And you're never going to have athletes comparable to who you have to play every year

Reactions: Pappy1545
And you're never going to have athletes comparable to who you have to play every year
amen to that & have also heard the district is wanting to do away with weight classes at the high schools, so there is another battle you will have

Gotcha! It is a nice area but it cant be as many activities as Mrytle Beach
doesn't matter, a beach is a beach, it has the same effect & MB is only 15 mins away for these kids, some less than that live in Murrells Inlet

Looks like the DC at Mauldin is the interim coach. I think they are still going to post the opening and take outside interviews. Would like to see the DC keep the position. He is a young/high energy individual who did really well with their D.

Whoever gets that team will have a lot of great young talent. The group of kids in the 2018 & 2019 class have been playing together since park & rec. There are great athletes on both sides of the ball, and the QB taking over is a little undersized but a game changer. With the right coach, they should be pretty dominant.

Mauldin..............................................

right.

If Mauldin is that close to big dominant, I think you may spread your search a little wider than a guy with zero head coach experience. Now that would be a Greenville County thing to do, but Mauldin should have better options. Now if there are inside politics at work to give him a head job, give him the Mann job.

Just what they need- a head coach under 30!

If Mauldin is that close to big dominant, I think you may spread your search a little wider than a guy with zero head coach experience. Now that would be a Greenville County thing to do, but Mauldin should have better options. Now if there are inside politics at work to give him a head job, give him the Mann job.

Heard some interesting names applied for Camden. Some of the names I've heard are Dan Morgan, David Prince, Trey Woodberry, Bobby Collins, and Jeff Calabrese. Plus some coaches from North Carolina that I don't know. Anyone heard of anything different?

Heard some interesting names applied for Camden. Some of the names I've heard are Dan Morgan, David Prince, Trey Woodberry, Bobby Collins, and Jeff Calabrese. Plus some coaches from North Carolina that I don't know. Anyone heard of anything different?

blog.jpg

Reactions: red raider alum
He might have realized Battery Creek isn't quite the place it was when Drafts was the AD, when this coach was there the first time........I haven't heard anything good out of battery creek really since whale branch opened....a one and done guy isn't a positive sign for the school either.

Just pick another person who has no clue- feed them to the "WOLVES" at "BATTREE" Creek then try again next year!

ADVERTISEMENT