ADVERTISEMENT

More American Legion Baseball B.S.

Dawgpoundit

Rookie
Jun 9, 2016
I see now where Sumter Jr team forfeited today. In a state tournament. It's B.S. I don't care what the bracket says. I don't care what the "rule" says. It's B.S. It's complete garbage that a coach and post tuck tail and don't compete because they found a way to jockey the system. THIS is why so many people look down their nose at Legion baseball. It's a joke when crap like this is ALLOWED to happen.

It was their first loss. Rock Hill in the Sr tournament was in the same position last year and they at least PLAYED THE GAME. If you don't want to throw anyone from your rotation that's fine. I get it. Don't care if you lose. But NOBODY should be allowed to forfeit a game in a state tournament. It's ridiculous. So the team they will be paired against play and they don't. Yeah, that's fair. I hope they get pounded when they 'decide' to grace everyone with their presence.

And gaming the system worked perfectly for Sumter as they sat back for 2 days, while Spartanburg's kids played 11 innings over 2 days with rain delays and then had to turn RIGHT around with no rest and play a WELL rested Sumter team. Level playing field? Fair treatment in a state tournament? No. And No. But that is South Carolina Legion baseball.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT