ADVERTISEMENT

UGA Pitcher

hh3paws

Rookie
Sep 2, 2007
Watching UGA vs Tenn game. UGA pitcher (Brittany Gray) looks like she repositions her pivot foot ahead of rubber before she pushes. If anyone else is watching or has seen her before, can someone tell me why this is not an illegal pitch?
Thanks.

I watched the game. Freshman Matti Moss for TN changed the whole game. Her dominance, enthusiasm completely changed the game Saturday.

If you are talking about Sunday, I cannot help, but to say, if the SEC lets it go, Ai let it go. They are the delfacto rule for me.

So on the high school set up. Does the SEC allow drums in the dug out?

Watching UGA vs Tenn game. UGA pitcher (Brittany Gray) looks like she repositions her pivot foot ahead of rubber before she pushes. If anyone else is watching or has seen her before, can someone tell me why this is not an illegal pitch?
Thanks.

It was driving me crazy. She rocks back on her heel on the front of the rubber then as she turns her foot comes off the rubber about 2 inches and then she pushes off. To me she is resetting and that is illegal.

The only way I could see them saying this is legal is that it is all part of her overall motion but she is clearly resetting.

Looks like you answered your own question.....foot has to keep contact and you can not re-plant....
One thing to keep in mind with college (I don't remember HS rule) is the trail foot only has to drag at push off. That can be one inch. You don't have to have the long dragging mark that you see with some pitchers. Some pitching styles have the trail leg coming up immediately and snapping that leg up to the plant leg. If that leg had to maintain contact at all times 95% of pitchers would be illegal. On to Gray because I have watched her live (in person) recently she is illegal with the replant. They are rarely calling her on it though.

When I watch SEC softball, I look at what the players are doing, and watch how the umpires call it.

For pitchers dads who bury there heads in the rule books. Go ahead.

For ordidinary folks like me. Watch the event. Watch the infraction. If the coaches and SEC umpires let it go, then it is obviously legal.

Still waiting on how the SEC rules on artificial noisemakers. High School softball playoffs are just around the corner. Let's not this year be determined by noise (drum line).

For from my experience, the artificicial noise maker issue is a way for under 5% of teams use, institutionally. So I speak for a majority. Using institutional artificial noise makers is CHEATING. I am waiting for others to acknowledge this FACT, before HS playoffs begin.

Why cannot the 95% of the honorable softball world stop this?

But I am too stupid, and do not know the SEC rules,?

Last edited:
Reactions: juspitchit
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT