ADVERTISEMENT

Official Job Openings Post

JB_a_Rivals

Varsity All American
May 7, 2003
Guys, I've posted a free story on the front page and it will link to THIS POST so lets post any further discussion about job openings, rumors, etc on that topic here on this thread.

Thanks!

C
What is the thoughts on the new May River Job?
Could be competitive in region play considering region foes; money won't be attractive to any current AD/HC due to split of the jobs. Will be tough jumping in 4A first year as varsity program.

Guys, I've posted a free story on the front page and it will link to THIS POST so lets post any further discussion about job openings, rumors, etc on that topic here on this thread.

Thanks!

Treigh Sullivan is the name I hear for Gilbert.
How is the Silver Bluff interview process going to go? The 3 coaches we have had in school history each won rings here. What are you bringing to the table?

Treigh Sullivan is the name I hear for Gilbert.
How is the Silver Bluff interview process going to go? The 3 coaches we have had in school history each won rings here. What are you bringing to the table?
I know that Treigh expressed an interest in it but not sure if he interviewed and would think that if they are going to hire local they would go with Leaphart with ties to school.

As for Silver Bluff, I heard today that Eric Hofstetter is the lead on that. He is on staff there; I think he was also the softball coach.

I know that Treigh expressed an interest in it but not sure if he interviewed and would think that if they are going to hire local they would go with Leaphart with ties to school.

As for Silver Bluff, I heard today that Eric Hofstetter is the lead on that. He is on staff there; I think he was also the softball coach.

Treigh Sullivan has the same ties to the school. Also, I agree completely with your assessment of Gilbert.

GF coach has ran the program in the ground to where no kids want to play. This move should have happened years ago. Consolidation would be good of they could build a new school but not just send them to LHS. That school isn't quite big enough and not in real good condition. Just GLAD the coach is finally gone.

Reactions: red raider alum
GF coach has ran the program in the ground to where no kids want to play. This move should have happened years ago. Consolidation would be good of they could build a new school but not just send them to LHS. That school isn't quite big enough and not in real good condition. Just GLAD the coach is finally gone.

Yet ANOTHER poster who joined just to bash someone...

LOL

:D:D:D

Nope, just stating the facts. Have been on this board before but had gotten away for a while. If he was a good coach I would be on here defending him.

118-75, 4 region titles, several deep playoff runs, only 4 losing seasons in 16 years...at GREAT FALLS. You're right, that's terrible.

118-75, 4 region titles, several deep playoff runs, only 4 losing seasons in 16 years...at GREAT FALLS. You're right, that's terrible.
All off of talent. The lack of discipline, respect, and coaching cost GF at least 4 titles during that time. No mandatory summer workouts, kids come and go as they please. Players disrespect him and he chases them down and begs them to come back out. Now that there isn't as much talent as there was he can't buy a win. People have been trying to get him gone even when GF was winning just for those reasons.

Nope. I saw how bad that program was in the late 90s. They had plenty of talent, but couldn't beat anybody. Coach Schofield showed up, and the winning started.

That is when all the great talent showed up also. That is also when all the embarrassing moments started due to lack of discipline on and off the field. Also maybe one team had a good bit of talent in the late 90s during Atkerson's last year and they made a run deep in the playoffs. You may be able to do a lot of things but convincing myself and the majority of people in GF that he was/is a good coach is not one of them.

As posted, this could make the Summerville hire interesting. Call does not have the 5 yrs of head coach experience. Will it matter?
From SCHSL site; "Candidates must possess a valid teaching certificate, have at least three years’ successful experience as a classroom teacher, and have at least five years’ experience as a successful head coach with a proven track record of positive leadership."

Yep... Page resigned Tuesday.

Adding it to the list of openings... getting to be a HUGE list...

o_O

Per conversation with TK today, he's not going anywhere and says he's got the best job right now.

2 names I have confirmed are involved at Manning are Art Craig and Brian Smith from CE Murray

ANOTHER THOUGHT IS CRAIG'S CREAM PUFF CONFERENCE HAS GOTTEN HARDER WITH THE NEW CLASSIFICATION

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT