ADVERTISEMENT

Official Job Openings Post

The Great Falls situation sounds about as unprofessional as you can get. How in the heck do you interview people for a head coaching position and tell them they have to wait on a teaching position to open up? How about knowing what you have and THEN interviewing the best people with that particular teaching slot!!!! Nice!!!! Probably another 1-10 year for that crowd. They may have to go the Walhalla route and hire the local IGA manager since he will be available for spring practice.

That's what Branchville did. Have interviews with no teaching openings to set it up for the assistant to get the job.

The Great Falls situation sounds about as unprofessional as you can get. How in the heck do you interview people for a head coaching position and tell them they have to wait on a teaching position to open up? How about knowing what you have and THEN interviewing the best people with that particular teaching slot!!!! Nice!!!! Probably another 1-10 year for that crowd. They may have to go the Walhalla route and hire the local IGA manager since he will be available for spring practice.

I know right. Doesn't make any sense. Interested to see how that works. Again, this is info I have received from people at the school, so they maybe feeding me a line bull.

I know right. Doesn't make any sense. Interested to see how that works. Again, this is info I have received from people at the school, so they maybe feeding me a line bull.

Are they waiting for contracts to go out? If so, don't those things go out in April? How long will they hold the job up for?

Anyone know anything about LR or Wilson? Strange how quiet those two schools have been.

Just saw this on football scoop.....

Wilson (SC): Thomas Balkcom, the offensive coordinator at Clarke Central (SC), has been named head coach at Wilson.

lol

Coach for GF has been selected and announcement will be made after Spring Break. Don't know why the district wants to wait to make the announcement but that is what they decided.

When is Great Falls Spring break and why are they waiting until after to announce the coach?

Spring Break is the last week of March. The school is wanting to announce the hire but the School District is putting it off until then. Don't why, typical for this district. If it were one of the other 2 schools in the district they would have already made announcement.

It's GF- it takes that long for INFORMATION to get out of the Falls.

Lol...not here....people in GF know you are going to fart even before you do.

Lol...not here....people in GF know you are going to fart even before you do.

tumblr_n72at1E8TL1smcbm7o1_250.gif

G Falls could be giving the next coach the courtesy of closing out his current position. I d k...

What does this mean?
IDK means I really don't know. My guess is that GF has hired someone who wanted to tell his team or his coaches he was leaving. Maybe he asked for a week before they announce so he can close out his current program? It is just a hunch...

IDK means I really don't know. My guess is that GF has hired someone who wanted to tell his team or his coaches he was leaving. Maybe he asked for a week before they announce so he can close out his current program? It is just a hunch...

That makes sense.

Who really cares. Great Falls is a dying town and school which probably will not exist in 2-4 years. It would be really difficult to handle a football program in that situation. Whoever was hired probably has not been coaching very long because a well experienced coach would not put themselves into such a situation. They should combine with Lewisville which is much more a football school anyways. GF is known for their basketball and that even sucks now.

Who really cares. Great Falls is a dying town and school which probably will not exist in 2-4 years. It would be really difficult to handle a football program in that situation. Whoever was hired probably has not been coaching very long because a well experienced coach would not put themselves into such a situation. They should combine with Lewisville which is much more a football school anyways. GF is known for their basketball and that even sucks now.

Tell us how you really feel.

Speaking of dying towns, I've heard Swansea has or will start interviews this week. Anyone know what names have applied?

He wasn't a

The coach they hired has a lot of years experience which honestly shocked me. LHS and GF probably will not consolidate until they build a new school. So I don't see it in the next few years. And BTW the basketball team will probably be playing for the state championship again in 2 years. They have a good group of kids coming up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT